Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:38 PM

51 posts, read 56,534 times

Advertisements

[quote=yankeegirl313;21311067]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch1 View Post

I`m sure that he was mighty generous taking you on a trip to Hawaii, let alone snorkeling, so did you explain to him how scared you were about what happened, and your concern as to why he didn`t "come to your rescue?"
I mean, a woman wants to think that if she is in trouble, that her man will be there for her, not run away.
exactly!

and yes he was being gengerous to take me there and paid for everything...so i'm confused as to if he does care for me or not.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,575,563 times
Quote:
Bf brought me to hawaii for a vacation. We went to snorkeling, it was my first time snorkeling, his second. I don't swim, he does. Of course I had the flotation on and was holding a floating board too. In other words, I wouldn't be drwoned in any cases.

I panicked when I first got into the water with all the strange equipment on and chocked in water. He has swam away from me when I got into the water.

The guard came to helped me. After I got a hang of it, he yelled for my bf to come help me. But as I'm very clumsy in the water, I couldn't control my body and drifted away to the edge of the island where nobody's there.

I couldn't pull my body backward to go back to where most people were, I felt alone and scared. Again, the guard came and helped me. After that, my bf came and stayed with me the whole time.

I asked him where he was while I drifted away, and why it's not him who came to help me. he said he saw me drifting away to a place where I was not soppose to be, he didn't know what I was doing so he didn't come over, and that he thought I was ok. He aslo said people don't go there so he just didn't want to come over and he knew I was safe.

I just couldn't help thinking how scared and lonely i was at that moment, and he was not there for me. I cried over this.

I just wanted to know if was I being too sensitive. Guys, would you have done the same to your gfs?
Oh you poor thing! Like you, I can't swim and I can just imagine the fright this has caused you. Knowing that you don't know how to swim, he should have never left you, let alone not come to the rescue when you drifted away to an off limit edge. If I were you, I would reevaluate my relationship with him.
Hubby and I went snorkeling in Elat with me wearing an ultra thin floater suit. When I realized I was safe from drowning, I became adventurous and was the one who left him heading for Moses' rock which worried and upset him to no end. He was scuba diving with associates, yet took time to show me that even non-swimmers can enjoy the underwater wonders as long as they have someone they can trust to guide them.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
Snorkeling is easy once you get it. it doesn't really required someone to be a swimmer to do it. of course it would be lot more fun if you were a swimmer.
Are you crazy?
You don't go out into the ocean of all places and futz around in the water if you don't know how to swim. That's nuts.
And your boyfriend should have had better judgement than to take you out there if you can't swim. And knowing that, he should have been VERY attentive and guarding over you.

Who the hell goes in the ocean if they can't swim? That is just nuts.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,679,793 times
[quote=fruitpunch1;21311277]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post

exactly!

and yes he was being gengerous to take me there and paid for everything...so i'm confused as to if he does care for me or not.
Ya` know...again.....tell him your concerns. I wish we could afford to go to Hawaii! Wooo Hoo!!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
We go to Hawaii every year, and I have been to all the hot snorkeling spots...none of which are safe to go alone when you can't swim.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Why would your Bf take you snorkeling knowing that you can't swim in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Anyone that agrees to go snorkeling, when they can't swim, deserves an idjit for a boyfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I've never heard of anyone that would even attempt snorkeling without knowing how to swim.
Exactly! I can't swim and there's nobody on the face of the Earth who can possibly convince me to snorkel.

Of course, the dude is an as@, too, but that's been determined many threads ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Why would you guys choose to go on a vacation to a place where the activities revolve around water 99% of the time, if you can't swim?
Why not?! I can't swim, but I love the beach and I go there whenever I get a chance. Lying down all day under the palm trees with a nice book in one hand and Pina Colada in the other are all the "activities" I need. Also, you don't have to swim in order to enjoy the water.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We go to Hawaii every year, and I have been to all the hot snorkeling spots...none of which are safe to go alone when you can't swim.
now i'm scared....could i have been drowned even with the floatation on?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
now i'm scared....could i have been drowned even with the floatation on?
Well, you're not married, so that's not a reason for him to want to get rid of you in this manner. Are you pregnant by any chance...?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, you're not married, so that's not a reason for him to want to get rid of you in this manner. Are you pregnant by any chance...?
ha ha, really funny...
but it did scare the hell out of me cause it's the first time i ever been in the ocean.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
ha ha, really funny...
but it did scare the hell out of me cause it's the first time i ever been in the ocean.
It's not that funny. Plenty of men have gotten rid of women in similar ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships