Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,619 times

Advertisements

A good man has a HEALTHY relationship with his parents, especially his mother, and does not allow them to meddle in his relationships. A good man understands what divine order is... and understands that the relationship with his wife should be among the strongest. He understands this relationship should be exclusive. A good man defends his wife, if the relationship is ever threatened. A good man is loyal and truly commited. If he has this, then his sons can come to understand what makes a good man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,176 times
i am a man. I cant cook but i will try. I never cheated on my wife and i will do anything to make her happy. sometimes i feel that i aint good enough but i try my best to take care of my wife. Do yall think that i am a good man?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
someone your mother wants you to date and you avoid like the plague.
somebody that has a good reputation and who makes you yawn.
someone you know you should like but dont.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,176 times
i am a man. I cant cook but i will try. I never cheated on my wife and i will do anything to make her happy. sometimes i feel that i aint good enough but i try my best to take care of my wife. Do yall think that i am a good man?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
someone your mother wants you to date and you avoid like the plague.
somebody that has a good reputation and who makes you yawn.
someone you know you should like but don't.
Somebody you think you perhaps made a veiled come on to 20 years ago but he never noticed. You were relieved then but now regret it!

Old 04-02-2009, 03:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisavito View Post
back in college i had to do a report on a short story called " a good man is hard to find" by flannery o'conner i believe. Well anyway, i wrote out my report and labeled it "a good man is hard to find" and put it in my folder. Well unbeknownst to me, my husband had read my paper when i was sleeping and had switched two words around on the title of my paper. Well i handed it in and when the teacher returned it to me with an a+ on it i had read the new title my husband had put on it "a hard man is good to find" Thank god my teacher had a sense of humor as does my husband!
as I started reading thru the responses "loves family,loves animals" blah blah (which is good) but I started wondering which female member would post a little different in terms and no surprise,the wonderful MLV came through.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
A good man is someone who truly respects himself, stands by his convictions and stands up for them, stands for something so he doesn't all for anything, puts his loved ones before anyone and stands by them when he's needed, is generous with himself--his time, attention, affections--isn't swayed by popular opinion but thinks for himself, exercises self-control and has high standards and morals, does his best to be the best person he can be. It could apply to anyone, man or woman. While I realize everyone defines standards and morals differently, I think common sense pretty much dictates what's acceptable--if one is honest with themselves.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
A good man is someone who truly respects himself, stands by his convictions and stands up for them, stands for something so he doesn't all for anything, puts his loved ones before anyone and stands by them when he's needed, is generous with himself--his time, attention, affections--isn't swayed by popular opinion but thinks for himself, exercises self-control and has high standards and morals, does his best to be the best person he can be. It could apply to anyone, man or woman. While I realize everyone defines standards and morals differently, I think common sense pretty much dictates what's acceptable--if one is honest with themselves.
WOW that was a deep thought out response,hmmm sounds like me sort of as I read it.

BTW great photo,really nice eyebrows,hair and face.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
A good man is usually a man you're not attracted to!
ROFL!!! Very true.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
A good man is one who is enticed by other women but never takes notice and keeps on walking until he is home with his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships