Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:38 AM

845 posts, read 1,349,842 times

Advertisements

So last night, my friend called me up and asked if I would help her make lasagna for her party today. I jumped on the idea because this is one person I love being with. Once I arrive, she makes us both a rum and coke, and then we start on the lasagna. We had to get our kids situated, so we didn't have to worry about them while we concentrated on the lasagna.

Anyways, a little about the past first, so you can understand why I was upset after I left. We talk on the phone for hours. I mean we can talk about multiple things; talk about what's going on in each others life, talk about work sense we work for the same store, talk about past history with people we dated. We basically can confess anything to each other without hesitation. Same goes for when we're together. However, together, and I might have gotten too used to this part, while we can talk about anything, we have cuddled quite a bit, too. I would be laying down to watch TV and she would snuggle up against me. It just feels so amazing to be with somebody and to hold them like that.

Another thing I can't resist leaving out is how much we are alike. Our beliefs are about the same; we both don't believe in pills to change how people are to act, to feel or to change their outcome, our work ethic is very much the same; we both work hard at work, even if we don't like it. I just found out the other day she has her daughter call her elder's papa; which what I do with my daughter as well. I know these are little things, but I can't help but realize how much alike we are. There are more things, too, but you get the idea.

Now, back to last night; I never had so much fun making dinner before last night with someone. I mean, we laughed, joked, touched, pinched, made a mess, it was just amazing; a night I'll never forget, and I hope she feels the same way. After we got the lasagna made and we were just waiting for the end results, we sat down to watch a movie. This is where things just did a big turnaround.

We sat down to see what movies we could watch on Netflix, which she really didn't ask what kind of movie but she would pick out movies that would involve either; marriage, two people dating, or people finding love. After finding a movie, we stay in our designated seats for a time. She gets up and moves to the couch half way through the movie. Then she says, "Can you go to the store and get something to cover the lasagna?" I'm thinking, 'OK, this can't be good. It's 1:30 in the morning and she asked me to go to the store.' The store isn't far, she actually lives behind Meijers, but to leave now only means when I get back, she'll be asleep.

Maybe I'm looking too much into what happened last night or what didn't happen, expecting more or just assuming it'll be like our previous nights that we had. I didn't want her to think I was mad at her, but I think, with the way I left, I couldn't help it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 01:57 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
She gets up and moves to the couch half way through the movie. Then she says, "Can you go to the store and get something to cover the lasagna?" I'm thinking, 'OK, this can't be good. It's 1:30 in the morning and she asked me to go to the store.' The store isn't far, she actually lives behind Meijers, but to leave now only means when I get back, she'll be asleep.
I hope that you told her,"NO!"

Old 10-22-2011, 02:12 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Default Why?

Why would she ask you to go to the store by yourself for her at 1:30 AM? She should have at least asked if you can both go to the store for the needed item.

Something else must be going on.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:18 PM

530 posts, read 780,264 times
Wait a second. Lasagna? Who doesn't love lasagna? I love lasagna! Yes, protect, secure the lasagna!

Ok, now I know what's on tap for dinner tinight! Lasagna!!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
I don't get the problem/what you're worrying about...but I assume this is blossoming into some kind of romance?

Old 10-22-2011, 02:31 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Strange Post.

IDK, maybe she thought you wanted some booty and she wasn't feeling it.

IDK.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,907 times
Maybe you are upset over unspoken words that you think should have happened.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:57 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Why would she ask you to go to the store by yourself for her at 1:30 AM? She should have at least asked if you can both go to the store for the needed item.

Something else must be going on.
She didn`t have anything that she could throw over the top of the Lasagna, huh?
Besides, didn`t you mention that you had kids there?

Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Is this a joke question? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 10-22-2011, 04:08 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
What do you cover a Lasagna dish with? Do you mean like foil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships