Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:56 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Should I just stay quiet and fart? I bet that would surely put her at ease for the next 24 floor.
Oh yeah! This would definetly be the way to go..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
What Do You Say When You're Alone in Elevator With A Woman?
"Are we both going down?"

Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Couldn't I just say "I know this is awkward. I promise I'm not a killer."
And that's when I would say: Oh, lord, please don't make me kill again.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
She could always tell him "what goes up, must come down."

Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
You see, this one of those rare but unique circumstances that I think are absolutely critical in terms of what is said or not said. My personal opinion is that most women feel a little (if not a lot) vulnerable when they're alone inside of an elevator with a man. It's a small, confined area and it would give a would-be attacker a very perfect opportunity so I could certainly understand the extra alertness.

Now, it seems like "the girls of my dreams" always happen to run into me in these kinds of situations and it's always awkward for me as well because I'm always thinking she thinks I'm ready to pounce... And I am...

But, I've always felt like there was something I could say to put her at ease. I thought of this little limerick but I'm not sure if it'd do the trick or not:

Looks like we're both confined in a small space,
headed for pretty much the same place.
When we arrive on the twenty-fifth floor,
I'll follow you to your door,
And we'll make love as I pound in your face.

Short of that, and getting thrown in jail, I think there should be something I could say to put her at ease even if I'm not looking to hit on her. Twenty-five floors could seem like an eternity for her if she's wondering about the precise moment I might do something sinister. Couldn't I just say "I know this is awkward. I promise I'm not a killer."
Should she follow that up with "have you ever had a stilletto to the nuts? I don't do it often but you seem like a great candidate"

Old 10-25-2011, 05:51 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
I got laid in an elevator once so there is always a chance.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times
Quote:
Let's say you're at a hotel bar knocking back a few drinks and you decide it's time for bed. Meaning no harm whatsoever, you get in the elevator, and being that your room is on the 25th floor, you have quite a way to go. You go up one floor and the elevator stops. In walks the girl of your dreams. I mean... She's smoking hot - by your standards. She presses the button for the 25th floor as well. Now, you're both obligated to take the ride to the top where she's seen your perverted eyes looking at her already. The fact alone that you probably smell like booze isn't going to help and she's probably a little creeped out being stuck in an elevator with a guy such as yourself.

So, what do you say? Nothing? Pretend like you are both on separate planets? That seems like it would work until you both have to get off on the 25th floor together. But, then, she'll think you're following her (unless you really are).

I always thought a gentle joke would help to lighten the mood and assuage her of her doubts. Cracking a little joke like, "I just want you to know that I have to get off on the 25th floor too so don't think I'm following you just to rape you. I actually have a room to go to."

Then, I thought that perhaps that might come across a little bad because it doesn't seem like the most suave thing to say. So, I thought perhaps something like "I have to get off on the 25th floor but that doesn't mean I have to GET OFF on the 25th floor. So don't worry, hun. You're safe with me."

That too sounded a little forward and perhaps she wouldn't understand what I meant by the difference between get off and GET OFF. So, what if you said something like "I see we're both headed for the 25th floor. I don't want this to be awkward for you as I'm sure being alone with a creepy guy in an elevator is bad enough. Believe me, I understand completely, I hate being in the elevator alone with creepy women."

But, all I got out of that was that it sounded too much like I was admitting to my own creepiness. So, women, what can I say to put you at ease? Should I just stay quiet and fart? I bet that would surely put her at ease for the next 24 floor. Suggestions? Hints? Rude Comments?
Normally in those situations I just whip it out and tell her to "get to work". Happens all the time.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:24 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Old 10-25-2011, 06:53 AM

525 posts, read 899,891 times
Quote:
You see, this one of those rare but unique circumstances that I think are absolutely critical in terms of what is said or not said. My personal opinion is that most women feel a little (if not a lot) vulnerable when they're alone inside of an elevator with a man. It's a small, confined area and it would give a would-be attacker a very perfect opportunity so I could certainly understand the extra alertness.

Now, it seems like "the girls of my dreams" always happen to run into me in these kinds of situations and it's always awkward for me as well because I'm always thinking she thinks I'm ready to pounce... And I am...

But, I've always felt like there was something I could say to put her at ease. I thought of this little limerick but I'm not sure if it'd do the trick or not:

Looks like we're both confined in a small space,
headed for pretty much the same place.
When we arrive on the twenty-fifth floor,
I'll follow you to your door,
And we'll make love as I pound in your face.

Short of that, and getting thrown in jail, I think there should be something I could say to put her at ease even if I'm not looking to hit on her. Twenty-five floors could seem like an eternity for her if she's wondering about the precise moment I might do something sinister. Couldn't I just say "I know this is awkward. I promise I'm not a killer."
very scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships