Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,999,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Yep, he cannot make himself what he is not and what he wants cant be bought. He is looking at a short term rental as his best option.
LOl....or long term leasing...which may be better than ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Um… my looks are irrelevant. I think it's funny that you talked about how ludicrous my post was to someone else - but all you want from me is to know if I'm pretty and smart.

To clarify - by nice - I mean civil, respectful, etc. I think most people understand the concept of being nice. I don't know you personally. In person, perhaps you are very nice. Online - not so much. I can only base my impression of you from what I can read online. You are complaining about not getting respect and not having successful dating experiences. My two cents is that I, personally, care more about a sense of humor and intelligence than I do about material things. Money comes and goes. But I would never date someone that wasn't at least nice to me.

Oh - and my pics are on my profile - so I'm not sure why you are asking me to post a picture. But like I said - my looks are irrelevant. l would still want someone nice and funny even if I looked differently.
No disrespect intended. I believe that you are not materialistic. I also believe you when you write that you care more about finding a nice man than a good looking and wealthy man.

Why is completely irrelevant.

I am very nice, quite civil and very respectful, I am also generous and have a hard time saying no to a woman.

You and many women who post are not in the LA, Vegas, Miami game. That's a good thing...but the women in those cities don't date for fun;they date for advantage.. ..of course, there are always exceptions.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 AM

483 posts, read 1,563,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The hot, pretty women who are smart have their own material things.
Hot, pretty, smart women only have things that they can get with their beauty.

A hot, pretty woman by definition is in her 20s (above 30 does not qualify as hot anymore). At that age, even the smart ones will be early in their professional careers and not wealthy yet. Yeah they can afford an iPad and an entry-level Lexus, but those are not luxury items and certainly not everything they want (chicks who are 8+ want a lot more).

Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 AM

37,798 posts, read 46,309,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post

A hot, pretty woman by definition is in her 20s (above 30 does not qualify as hot anymore). At that age, even the smart ones will be early in their professional careers and not wealthy yet. Yeah they can afford an iPad and an entry-level Lexus, but those are not luxury items and certainly not everything they want (chicks who are 8+ want a lot more).

Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,649,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Completely agree. I have been visiting schools in CA, PA, and NYC.

Non-traditional students are just that non-traditional. I don't know, but I have very rarely seen 38 year old entry level people in Corporate America. You can always go back to school to be a teacher, learn a new skill, but after a certain age you need to take a non-traditional approach.

re dating: your posts reflect a different world than the 8 + hot women that you see in Vegas, OC, and Miami. I know because I have tried to date them and I many of them thought I did not meet their criteria--my vanilla personality aside.

When some found out that I made good money and lived well through associates they suddenly became interested.

Go figure...and these women were not just party girls..a teacher, an interior designer, and a massage therapist from brazil.
With your slightly above average looks, your personality (or lack thereof), and undefined future-- you will have to continue to throw out a lot of money to have an 8+ female interested in you.

Good luck with that.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:20 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,649,233 times
Quote:
I only read a couple of pages but I can say to datafeed that he can safely ignore the advice here. If you're trying to land a chick who's a 5, then go ahead and look for the girl who only cares about your personality. That type of girl doesn't have a choice!! A chick who's a 5 can't realistically expect to find a guy who's good looking, wealthy and has a nice personality. She can only pick the last one. So she'll be plump, perhaps smart, sweet and nice, but she'll still be PLUMP.

If you want an 8 or higher, start dressing nice, and get yourself a house and high end car (provided you don't spend more than 10% of your networth on the car). It'll give you options. You'll have your choice of plump girls who only care about your personality, hot dumb girls who only care about your car, and everything in between.

It's always better to have more options than less
Oh I don't disagree with you-- and I am a female.

But I can tell you to deal with someone who has your personality and Datafeed's personality-- would require A LOT of gifts and money spent on me to make me tolerate your lack of attractiveness and lack of personality.

So-- it will take MORE than a nice house, car, or watch. It will take some pretty little turquoise boxes or better yet a nice red box from Cartier-- to make me EVEN consider sleeping with you. The house and the car or the watch will get them to sniff slightly around-- but if you don't produce then they will quickly leave.

But truthfully speaking, I couldn't even lower myself to that.

But there are pretty girls who will though-- so the OP is safe in that regard.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
Oh I don't disagree with you-- and I am a female.

But I can tell you to deal with someone who has your personality and Datafeed's personality-- would require A LOT of gifts and money spent on me to make me tolerate your lack of attractiveness and lack of personality.

So-- it will take MORE than a nice house, car, or watch. It will take some pretty little turquoise boxes or better yet a nice red box from Cartier-- to make me EVEN consider sleeping with you. The house and the car or the watch will get them to sniff slightly around-- but if you don't produce then they will quickly leave.

But truthfully speaking, I couldn't even lower myself to that.

But there are pretty girls who will though-- so the OP is safe in that regard.

A lot is a relative term....there are worlds of difference between a savvy Manhattanite and an event planner from Kentucky.

Are you an 8+ in looks? if so, what city do you reside in? Perspective is very important.

But I understand what you are saying and agree with the gist of it: certain strengths can offset certain negativity.

For the record, I have begun to date and my luck is improving.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,255,862 times
I think you would come off as a nicer guy if you stop referring to women as numbers. I could understand if you were still in high school like Josh must be - but grown men referring to women as numbers is, well, to be honest with you, pathetic. The type of guys that look at women and only see numbers are the type of guys that are not ready for a real relationship.

I'm from Los Angeles, I live in New York, and I married for love. Love trumps money any day.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:39 PM

78,965 posts, read 61,148,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
No disrespect intended. I believe that you are not materialistic. I also believe you when you write that you care more about finding a nice man than a good looking and wealthy man.

Why is completely irrelevant.

I am very nice, quite civil and very respectful, I am also generous and have a hard time saying no to a woman.

You and many women who post are not in the LA, Vegas, Miami game. That's a good thing...but the women in those cities don't date for fun;they date for advantage.. ..of course, there are always exceptions.
A few thoughts:

1) Having you considered a dating coach?

2) Build a network of friends, get involved in some local organizations or other interests. This will help you a lot because Vegas etc. are full of posers, scammers and other dirtbags....and of course gold diggers and scum. This will allow you to be vetted to prosepective women and vice-versa.

3) Since your work allows you to be mobile, have you considered relocating to a part of the country\world with more of the type of women you are looking for? It's like bird watching, if you want to see an eagle you will RARELY see one in Florida but go to Alaska and there are thousands.

4) If you are going to keep traveling that much and thus won't need a car then you won't be able to develop a good relationship anyway.

Basically, you may need to make a list of what is important to you in life and then make changes to your work, location etc. in order to faciliate that. You need a goal, a plan, a strategy. Good luck.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM

48,663 posts, read 35,163,373 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me?! Not even worth typing out an extended response with the level of ignorance in that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships