Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:21 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,448,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
hi. good post.

I know what i am and I am not aiming for ivy league investment banker hotties you are correct, they are not in my league. ..not yet at least. I am above average in looks but have little social standing, no community, no formal education, I do have a bit of coin.

i am basically a socially awkward good looking guy with some money...many men are worse off than me

I am not a ladies man and do not wish to become a charmer. Have you not read my posts? Not me dude. will never be one. and one does not need to be one either.

some guys charm the panties off, some guys impress the panties off, and some guys ...I dunno.

your brother was likely much more savy than I am. You can get girls in my line of work but you have to be deceptive: play up the mysteriousness of your job, wine and dine, deceive on when you are leaving, or saying you are coming home soon and are ready to "settle down" etc when in fact you just signed up for another year.

I am not stupid. I know the game very well. I realize that its often best to play naive, drop certain hints, and the women will think you are prime to game when in fact you are gaming them.

I have some boys that clean up. But they lie. I don't lie. By your brother renting a nice ride he is being deceptive.

Trust me, I know what to do I just refuse to do it.

For the record, I am retired from warzone work now.
Datafeed - please consider the possibility that you believe you're more informed on this subject than you actually are.

For some reason you assign "coin" a higher value than simply having the ability to talk to women. There was nothing deceitful or fluff or only "smoke and mirrors" about what my friend "The Ladies Man" did. He didn't sit next to her and start "Hey baby cakes...I like those eyes.." - He genuinely showed an interest in who she was, and talked to her in that manner. Yeah he knew how to flirt, but he also knew how to read her signals and get a feel for whether she was receptive or not. They went from not knowing each other to holding hands in class under the table in a matter of days. His actions gave off the vibe of being more ballsy but genuine, rather than salesman. I hope you see a difference.

BTW - why do you assume my ex brother in law rented the car to be deceitful to women? Why couldn't he of just wanted to experience a $100,000 car for the week he was in town without having to buy it? The fact was he rented it because it was his fathers dream car, and he wanted to let him take it out for a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,993,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Datafeed - please consider the possibility that you believe you're more informed on this subject than you actually are.

For some reason you assign "coin" a higher value than simply having the ability to talk to women. There was nothing deceitful or fluff or only "smoke and mirrors" about what my friend "The Ladies Man" did. He didn't sit next to her and start "Hey baby cakes...I like those eyes.." - He genuinely showed an interest in who she was, and talked to her in that manner. Yeah he knew how to flirt, but he also knew how to read her signals and get a feel for whether she was receptive or not. They went from not knowing each other to holding hands in class under the table in a matter of days. His actions gave off the vibe of being more ballsy but genuine, rather than salesman. I hope you see a difference.

BTW - why do you assume my ex brother in law rented the car to be deceitful to women? Why couldn't he of just wanted to experience a $100,000 car for the week he was in town without having to buy it? The fact was he rented it because it was his fathers dream car, and he wanted to let him take it out for a day.
good for your lab partner and all the smooth talking fellas in the house. for the umpteenth time: I am not a ladies man and will never be one...yes yes yes, acquire the gift of gab and carry yourself with confidence.

I can't repeat myself anymore: I do not wish to transform myself into a askmen.com alpha male extrovert center of attention phenom.

have you read anything? it's obvious that i am not interested in what these dense vegas party gals focus on. I respect them as people, but that's about it.

I bet your brother genuinely "showed" an interest in each nightly date huh? lol.

why is the guy wasting money on renting 100k cars for a week? some contractors have no financial sense. I worked with a guy who bought a condohotel at the Palms--with 1.25 sq ft HOA fees--and spends 15 days a year there and does not even try to rent it out. this fool later ebayed a Lambo or ferrari and it sits parked 11 months out of the year.

whatever.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:50 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,448,586 times
Quote:
good for your lab partner and all the smooth talking fellas in the house. for the umpteenth time: I am not a ladies man and will never be one...yes yes yes, acquire the gift of gab and carry yourself with confidence.

I can't repeat myself anymore: I do not wish to transform myself into a askmen.com alpha male extrovert center of attention phenom.

have you read anything? it's obvious that i am not interested in what these dense vegas party gals focus on. I respect them as people, but that's about it.

I bet your brother genuinely "showed" an interest in each nightly date huh? lol.

why is the guy wasting money on renting 100k cars for a week? some contractors have no financial sense. I worked with a guy who bought a condohotel at the Palms--with 1.25 sq ft HOA fees--and spends 15 days a year there and does not even try to rent it out. this fool later ebayed a Lambo or ferrari and it sits parked 11 months out of the year.

whatever.

Hm, I guess my point was flying a little higher than I thought..

There are at least two examples of a reader not being very observant in your post above, I'm not going to point them out, just be aware that quality women might demand a date at least actively listen to them.

Goodluck, thanks for your service.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Hm, I guess my point was flying a little higher than I thought..

There are at least two examples of a reader not being very observant in your post above, I'm not going to point them out, just be aware that quality women might demand a date at least actively listen to them.

Goodluck, thanks for your service.
Thanks. Did not mean to appear short. Yes, many people on these forums dont really read before spouting off.

I agree that it's important to act interested in people.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:38 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,690,947 times
Data try just saying that you are currently a student, who is looking for a change in career after doing IT work overseas. Scale the car back a bit. While I do agree with you that (have to proceed this with the word some or I will get sued for my opinion) women are looking for the physical and material BEFORE they give you the time of day, I think that you don't necessarily have to have the Benz to impress. Buy a man's car of course, a Mustang V6 may be a little cheaper, yet still attract the opposite sex, as do the clothes, but let her see that the real $$ is spent on your house. She should ONLY see that AFTER you get to know her. If you can keep a small one bedroom around school and let the relationship grow from there. The apt setting sort of weeds out the materialistic gold digging type. Once you are ready to take the relationship further then she can see the house with the nicer car, or SUV parked in the garage. Take your time. Always be a gentleman, but remember you have options. Don't complicate things with commitment until you finish school, or unless you find the right one for you.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
I agree that it's important to act interested in people.
It's actually more important to truly be interested in people.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's actually more important to truly be interested in people.
acting is not necessarily disingenuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships