Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,994,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think you would come off as a nicer guy if you stop referring to women as numbers. I could understand if you were still in high school like Josh must be - but grown men referring to women as numbers is, well, to be honest with you, pathetic. The type of guys that look at women and only see numbers are the type of guys that are not ready for a real relationship.

I'm from Los Angeles, I live in New York, and I married for love. Love trumps money any day.
Numerical ratings are a bit impersonal;however, when is trying to describe as objectively as possible they can't be beat. I guess I could say in the upper 20th percentile as opposed to an eight...

The numerical label is purely decsriptive..but we do live in a hierarchical and competitive society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 08:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Numerical ratings are a bit impersonal;however, when is trying to describe as objectively as possible they can't be beat. I guess I could say in the upper 20th percentile as opposed to an eight...

The numerical label is purely decsriptive..but we do live in a hierarchical and competitive society.

You do realize that you haven't described a person - you've only described how hot you think someone is. That has nothing to do with who the person actually is. You want someone to be interested in you for who you are and yet you only seem to be interested in women for what they look like… Doesn't make sense to me. We are more than what we look like or how much money we make. I know that I'm more than a number and my husband is more than a bank account.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A few thoughts:

1) Having you considered a dating coach?

2) Build a network of friends, get involved in some local organizations or other interests. This will help you a lot because Vegas etc. are full of posers, scammers and other dirtbags....and of course gold diggers and scum. This will allow you to be vetted to prosepective women and vice-versa.

3) Since your work allows you to be mobile, have you considered relocating to a part of the country\world with more of the type of women you are looking for? It's like bird watching, if you want to see an eagle you will RARELY see one in Florida but go to Alaska and there are thousands.

4) If you are going to keep traveling that much and thus won't need a car then you won't be able to develop a good relationship anyway.

Basically, you may need to make a list of what is important to you in life and then make changes to your work, location etc. in order to faciliate that. You need a goal, a plan, a strategy. Good luck.
Hi,

1. Dating coaches are gimmicky. Run faster, jump higher, be funnier, etc....It's not in my nature to clown or put on a front for a woman. I can't maintain the facade long enough to get what I want. They spew stuff about projecting confidence, being interesting/mysterious, etc....People are who they are.

For instance, I recently had a date with a woman that worked at the car dealership and it was going ok...she was very pretty but foolishly believed that the absinthe in the us is real. it's not, real absinthe--the kind you can get in greece-- contains a hallugenic and is is most certainly illegal in the US. She insisted that the stuff she had was real from some mainstream bar. Finally, after a few minutes I became so annoyed at her ignorance I firmly pointed out that she was incorrect: the USG would not allow distribution of such a narcotic.

I could have played along and most likely dated her, but I refused to indulge her stupidity thus I am sure she will no longer answer my calls or call me.

My point is that I can't fake it and don't think it is wise to do so.

2. Yes, I have been "networking" but i am not very social. I paid some money to join a social club and will start going to the events when I am in the country more. I am in and out of the country until 1 Dec. You are correct that Vegas is full of scammers, con artists, and idiots. ..there are also tons of smokin hot women here.

3. I have no job now. I "retired" from being a contractor after I was injured this summer and got a settlement check from an insurance company. I will have a job in Vegas but it's not serious.

I will go to college next year..don't know where but likely in California or Pittsburgh. Vegas is a nice place to have a home because real estate is cheap and the cost of living is low...the place also has a low quality of people.

4. I will have a nice car very soon. I will no longer be a contract gypsy.

Thanks for your advice.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
You do realize that you haven't described a person - you've only described how hot you think someone is. That has nothing to do with who the person actually is. You want someone to be interested in you for who you are and yet you only seem to be interested in women for what they look like… Doesn't make sense to me. We are more than what we look like or how much money we make. I know that I'm more than a number and my husband is more than a bank account.
yea, of course, but for the purposes of this communication we need to simplify things.

I am not really interested in finding a party girl in Vegas that likes me for who I am. Heck, i would hope they would not like someone like me for my innerbeing...my original problem was that i was dating lower than what my stats provided for.

young, good looking, single, in shape men, making in the top 6% or so of income earners in the US normally do a helluva lot better than I was doing. So i was like WTF? My presentation was just awful. Yea, my career was a hit, my shyness was a hit, but still..

it's not really that hard to get what I seek. But going around a materialistic & shallow city wearing 10 year old Wrangler jeans and worn USN tshirts admitting in the first two minutes of contact that i did not have a car and was heading back to Kabul in week or two did not exactly endear me with the ladies.

I am learning that I can still stay true to myself but that I need to play the role a bit more if I want to get invited to the party.

Last edited by Datafeed; 11-10-2011 at 10:06 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
yea, or course, but for the purposes of this communication we need to simplify things.

I am not really interested in finding a party girl in Vegas that likes me for who I am. Heck, i would hope they would not like someone like me for my innerbeing...my original problem was that i was dating lower than what my stats provided for.

young, good looking, single, in shape men, making in the top 6% or so of income earners in the US normally do a helluva lot better than I was doing. So i was like WTF? My presentation was just awful. Yea, my career was a hit, my shyness was a hit, but still..

it's not really that hard to get what I seek. But going around a materialistic & shallow city wearing 10 year old Wrangler jeans and worn USN tshirts admitting in the first two minutes of contact that i did not have a car and was heading back to Kabul in week or two did not exactly endear me with the ladies.

I am learning that I can still stay true to myself but that I need to play the role a bit more if I want to get invited to the party.
Ohhh… So you want a 10 who likes you for your money but you don't want a stupid 10 - you want a smart 10… Gotcha… I thought you were looking for things like love, compatibility, a connection… My bad.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Ohhh… So you want a 10 who likes you for your money but you don't want a stupid 10 - you want a smart 10… Gotcha… I thought you were looking for things like love, compatibility, a connection… My bad.
LOl..a 10 is way outta my league. I don't have enough $$ for a ten that's a mercenary. Does a smart ten even exist? there was a Miss. America a few years back that went to Harvard Law School or somethin...I would settle in Vegas for an 8 in looks that is not a prostitute.

The only way to meet smart attractive people is to meet them at school, work, or maybe social outings.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
LOl..a 10 is way outta my league. I don't have enough $$ for a ten that's a mercenary. Does a smart ten even exist? there was a Miss. America a few years back that went to Harvard Law School or somethin...I would settle in Vegas for an 8 in looks that is not a prostitute.

The only way to meet smart attractive people is to meet them at school, work, or maybe social outings.
I guess I don't quite understand why you care if they are smart or not. You don't seem to want a real relationship - just a real hot girl. What difference does it make what is going on inside her head? You want a hot girl that likes you for your money. A smart, hot girl is probably going to want something a little bit deeper. If you want the total package - you're going to have to offer her more than some money and some flash.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I guess I don't quite understand why you care if they are smart or not. You don't seem to want a real relationship - just a real hot girl. What difference does it make what is going on inside her head? You want a hot girl that likes you for your money. A smart, hot girl is probably going to want something a little bit deeper. If you want the total package - you're going to have to offer her more than some money and some flash.

Yup. I don't need a smart girl...never said I did....however, it would be nice to hang with someone that's not a complete idiot or someone who is smart enough to know what they do not know...or someone who does not talk very much. Americans are often very dense and illinformed but think the opposite. I try not to speak of serious things with non serious people but often they feel the need to proffer an opinion. Unless she's a nine or 8.5 , I can't keep my mouth shut long enough to endure their stupidity.

And the vast majority of the women in Vegas are ignorant.

Smart hot girls are only accessible to their peers...handsome, well pedigreed, successful men...which I am not These types of women are only accessible to a small segment of the population.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,448,911 times
Am I reading this correctly - the OP is someone who has no real experience with woman, yet somehow understands how they think, how they work, and what they want?

...are you really looking for a woman who will say "yeah you're physically, emotionally, socially, and academically way bellow my level...but you make six figures so that makes up for it!" I mean, do you honestly believe that is how women think?

Why not just work on being the type of guy women want to be with? Ever heard of the phrase a "ladies man?" Notice that they're not generally wealthy..women just see something in them that they're attracted to. I remember an incident back in college where I learned the true power of a "ladies man." I was in a lab and had the most beautiful girl in class as a lab partner (she was a mirror copy of Scarlett Johansson). Anyway, I was married so I always kept it professional between us, but one day a friend of mine from class comes over, sits across from her, works his magic, and suddenly (well over the course of the next few days) they're playful with each other, flirting back and forth, scheduling dates, and she's genuinely excited to see him.

He wasn't a 10 by any stretch of the system, he just knew how to approach and talk to women.

And that's where you fail.

By the way - my exbrother in law does what you did as well (ex military, but stayed as an IT contractor) and he never had a problem getting dates while he was in the US. The word from my sister was that he had practically a date every night. My sis seemed grossed out by it, but...it's not the job stopping you from getting dates with attractive women, is all I'm saying.

Although he also rented (very nice) cars while he was here...

Old 11-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Am I reading this correctly - the OP is someone who has no real experience with woman, yet somehow understands how they think, how they work, and what they want?

...are you really looking for a woman who will say "yeah you're physically, emotionally, socially, and academically way bellow my level...but you make six figures so that makes up for it!" I mean, do you honestly believe that is how women think?

Why not just work on being the type of guy women want to be with? Ever heard of the phrase a "ladies man?" Notice that they're not generally wealthy..women just see something in them that they're attracted to. I remember an incident back in college where I learned the true power of a "ladies man." I was in a lab and had the most beautiful girl in class as a lab partner (she was a mirror copy of Scarlett Johansson). Anyway, I was married so I always kept it professional between us, but one day a friend of mine from class comes over, sits across from her, works his magic, and suddenly (well over the course of the next few days) they're playful with each other, flirting back and forth, scheduling dates, and she's genuinely excited to see him.

He wasn't a 10 by any stretch of the system, he just knew how to approach and talk to women.

And that's where you fail.

By the way - my exbrother in law does what you did as well (ex military, but stayed as an IT contractor) and he never had a problem getting dates while he was in the US. The word from my sister was that he had practically a date every night. My sis seemed grossed out by it, but...it's not the job stopping you from getting dates with attractive women, is all I'm saying.

Although he also rented (very nice) cars while he was here...
hi. good post.

I know what i am and I am not aiming for ivy league investment banker hotties you are correct, they are not in my league. ..not yet at least. I am above average in looks but have little social standing, no community, no formal education, I do have a bit of coin.

i am basically a socially awkward good looking guy with some money...many men are worse off than me

I am not a ladies man and do not wish to become a charmer. Have you not read my posts? Not me dude. will never be one. and one does not need to be one either.

some guys charm the panties off, some guys impress the panties off, and some guys ...I dunno.

your brother was likely much more savy than I am. You can get girls in my line of work but you have to be deceptive: play up the mysteriousness of your job, wine and dine, deceive on when you are leaving, or saying you are coming home soon and are ready to "settle down" etc when in fact you just signed up for another year.

I am not stupid. I know the game very well. I realize that its often best to play naive, drop certain hints, and the women will think you are prime to game when in fact you are gaming them.

I have some boys that clean up. But they lie. I don't lie. By your brother renting a nice ride he is being deceptive.

Trust me, I know what to do I just refuse to do it.

For the record, I am retired from warzone work now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships