Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,585,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Just enough bedrooms huh? smart move!
Yep, this place has two bedrooms the 2nd is the office and it would be the same way in AZ. Not going to upsize out there just because their real estate market is crap.
How was Wilmington?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Yep, this place has two bedrooms the 2nd is the office and it would be the same way in AZ. Not going to upsize out there just because their real estate market is crap.
How was Wilmington?
I agree...a wise person would pocket that money saved!

Wilmington was AWESOME. We had great weather and slept with the glass door open so we could hear the ocean. Best sleep I've had in a while. He lost all of his games but it didn't seem to put a damper on our good time. Just wish it was longer!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I agree...a wise person would pocket that money saved!

Wilmington was AWESOME. We had great weather and slept with the glass door open so we could hear the ocean. Best sleep I've had in a while. He lost all of his games but it didn't seem to put a damper on our good time. Just wish it was longer!
Too bad he lost all his games but at least you did get to enjoy it. I enjoy sleeping to the sound of the ocean or the rain.
One of our reasons to move where we live was to simplify, it only us two and we don't need a lot of square footage. Just more to clean & maintain.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:25 PM

37,691 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
LOL, are they local to here too?

Too funny...I love company when they are invited, not so much when they aren't!
Depends on who it is!!

I had some baking to do tonight - getting things ready for the surprise B/D party for my parents this weekend (75 people and I'm doing the desserts! I must be nuts). My son called me at work earlier and tells me that he and his buddy are picking up 2 girls tonight, at midnight, at the airport - (everyone is either home, or coming home from college). Well, one girl is his friends girlfriend. The other, is my son's EX-girlfriend, that I just found out that he is now back together with (yay! I adore her). So of course I have to make her favorite treat as she will probably be coming over. Well, I'm in the middle of baking...cheesecake in the oven and other stuff going, and I have music blasting and I'm even splurging on a lil' drink, and my son comes home from wherever he had been hanging out, with the WHOLE crew...and they all tramp into the kitchen, going "MAN it smells good in here"...and we get to talking and the kids are eating some of the goodies I had just made, and my son asks if I can make him something to eat (never mind that he just ate 2 hours ago) so I threw some chicken on the Foreman grill, and then the oven timer goes off....the cheesecake is finally done! I reach around, and turn the oven off (I have to leave the cake in there for an hour or so). And we're all talking and carrying on...and then I smell something...and I think...surely this chicken isn't burning...and then, I realize it's not the chicken..and I turn around,, afraid to look, and I bend down, and look in horror as my cheesecake lights up in the oven....in FLAMES...because had I turned the damn oven on BROIL, not OFF!

The kids are running everywhere...my son runs to grab something...I get an oven mitt and pull out the pan that the cheesecake is sitting on (thank goodness I used a pan underneath) and with all the kids flanking me and telling me to do this and do that, and they're ALL yelling, I calmly pick up the whole thing, flaming away, and dump it in the sink, and it goes out. My son had come running with the fire extinguisher , and I yelled at him to not even THINK about it...and then I said that the extinguisher was probably no good anyway - it had been in there for 10 years...and I told him to go ahead and throw it out...and you should have SEEN his eyes light up. "Really?" he says....and runs out the door. Meanwhile 3 boys are grabbing spoons and dipping out hot cheesecake filling from the mess in the sink...and I'm just sick about the damn cheesecake, (cuz that means I have to make ANOTHER one )...and then we all go out and watch the rest of them spraying the fire extinguisher all over the bushes, and they're all laughing, and I'm laughing...and it's just nuts...and then I go back in, and clean up...and get started to make another cheesecake.

And yeah, my son did leave and go pick up his gal, and she came over with a couple of more kids...and they ate, and I told them about the cheesecake disaster earlier, and we all laughed...and MAN is it good having kids back in the house.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Depends on who it is!!

I had some baking to do tonight - getting things ready for the surprise B/D party for my parents this weekend (75 people and I'm doing the desserts! I must be nuts). My son called me at work earlier and tells me that he and his buddy are picking up 2 girls tonight, at midnight, at the airport - (everyone is either home, or coming home from college). Well, one girl is his friends girlfriend. The other, is my son's EX-girlfriend, that I just found out that he is now back together with (yay! I adore her). So of course I have to make her favorite treat as she will probably be coming over. Well, I'm in the middle of baking...cheesecake in the oven and other stuff going, and I have music blasting and I'm even splurging on a lil' drink, and my son comes home from wherever he had been hanging out, with the WHOLE crew...and they all tramp into the kitchen, going "MAN it smells good in here"...and we get to talking and the kids are eating some of the goodies I had just made, and my son asks if I can make him something to eat (never mind that he just ate 2 hours ago) so I threw some chicken on the Foreman grill, and then the oven timer goes off....the cheesecake is finally done! I reach around, and turn the oven off (I have to leave the cake in there for an hour or so). And we're all talking and carrying on...and then I smell something...and I think...surely this chicken isn't burning...and then, I realize it's not the chicken..and I turn around,, afraid to look, and I bend down, and look in horror as my cheesecake lights up in the oven....in FLAMES...because had I turned the damn oven on BROIL, not OFF!

The kids are running everywhere...my son runs to grab something...I get an oven mitt and pull out the pan that the cheesecake is sitting on (thank goodness I used a pan underneath) and with all the kids flanking me and telling me to do this and do that, and they're ALL yelling, I calmly pick up the whole thing, flaming away, and dump it in the sink, and it goes out. My son had come running with the fire extinguisher , and I yelled at him to not even THINK about it...and then I said that the extinguisher was probably no good anyway - it had been in there for 10 years...and I told him to go ahead and throw it out...and you should have SEEN his eyes light up. "Really?" he says....and runs out the door. Meanwhile 3 boys are grabbing spoons and dipping out hot cheesecake filling from the mess in the sink...and I'm just sick about the damn cheesecake, (cuz that means I have to make ANOTHER one )...and then we all go out and watch the rest of them spraying the fire extinguisher all over the bushes, and they're all laughing, and I'm laughing...and it's just nuts...and then I go back in, and clean up...and get started to make another cheesecake.

And yeah, my son did leave and go pick up his gal, and she came over with a couple of more kids...and they ate, and I told them about the cheesecake disaster earlier, and we all laughed...and MAN is it good having kids back in the house.
Too much excitement! <passes out>

Old 11-23-2011, 10:58 AM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times
I had to go out and meet with a customer this morning. I just got back into the office.

Man, it is like a morgue here. Dead.

I gotta find a reason to go a "see" another customer this afternoon.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,683,204 times

Oregon college football has a civil war rivalry (in Fun) between the Ducks & the Beavers...

Old 11-23-2011, 01:33 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,241,280 times
Just found this thread!! 8-0

Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,841,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

Oregon college football has a civil war rivalry (in Fun) between the Ducks & the Beavers...
Boom! And here I thought it was all about the O!

Beavers... Mmmmm.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:00 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times
Some little kid is going to be glad his mama looked at freecycle today!

I have sooooo many kiddie toys that I am getting rid of. I need it gone...wish they'd come and pick it up NOW but before Sunday works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships