Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 01:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

It's been a while since a fat thread. Saddens me

Old 12-17-2011, 01:31 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've had a bad week of technology.

First my cell phone is being a POS, now my computer is infected with something that does nothing but be annoying.

OK so it's more like one bad thing followed by a renegade child, but you get the point.

I was getting these messages..."Internet Explorer has stopped working"...

i couldn't get on any websites.

I called Hewlett Packard tech, they made my laptop.

He said left click on START,

left click on Control Panel,

left click on Programs & Features,

Uninstall Ask toolbar.

I did this & computer worked again.

Tech said this has been happening to many folks.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's been a while since a fat thread. Saddens me
You should be the lightning rod and start one.
I've been following a blithering idiot who refuses to stop obsessing about one former school mate that doesn't want to see him.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Ray Charles.

That man was/is music.

That guy had everything covered, rock,blues,soul,country and western, old crooner classics.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You should be the lightning rod and start one.
I've been following a blithering idiot who refuses to stop obsessing about one former school mate that doesn't want to see him.
And I'm the stalker??

Old 12-17-2011, 02:27 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, that's one epic weekend, Thursday, but if it's a competition, my parents died a day apart. And a divorce that hadn't been taken care for a long time was just started, so I had an appointment with a lawyer the day after Mom died. It's all relative.
Yoo are a lot like me, **** always hits the fan all at once. Tragic that they diied a day apart. What an emotional and physical stress all that had to be.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I was getting these messages..."Internet Explorer has stopped working"...

i couldn't get on any websites.

I called Hewlett Packard tech, they made my laptop.

He said left click on START,

left click on Control Panel,

left click on Programs & Features,

Uninstall Ask toolbar.

I did this & computer worked again.

Tech said this has been happening to many folks.
This is not a, Ut fn item that I can find in my programs to uninstall. This is malware designed only to get money out of people

What this does, is it fake scans your computer and comes up with fake virues and asks you to remove them, if you click on the remove button another screen pops up telling you to pay 78 bucks for 1 year of service. If you don't it asks you if you want to continue unprotected. After that it will remind you on your toolbar that security defender is finding viruses, and will randomly tell you that you are being attacked by a fake IP address. It even goes as far as trying to interrupt your internet browsing by telling you that the website you are visiting contains suspicious activity and such.

The reality is it's a complete scam and if you choose to pay the fee, it fake removes the viruses, and will continue to find more fake viruses want wanting to take more money from you.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
This is not a, Ut fn item that I can find in my programs to uninstall. This is malware designed only to get money out of people

What this does, is it fake scans your computer and comes up with fake virues and asks you to remove them, if you click on the remove button another screen pops up telling you to pay 78 bucks for 1 year of service. If you don't it asks you if you want to continue unprotected. After that it will remind you on your toolbar that security defender is finding viruses, and will randomly tell you that you are being attacked by a fake IP address. It even goes as far as trying to interrupt your internet browsing by telling you that the website you are visiting contains suspicious activity and such.

The reality is it's a complete scam and if you choose to pay the fee, it fake removes the viruses, and will continue to find more fake viruses want wanting to take more money from you.
On my HP notebook PC "ASK TOOLBAR' was there in Programs. After i removed it my computer has been working fine. Before i uninstalled ASK i couldn't get on Any website.

The Hewlett Packard tech dept knows i've had problems with Internet Explorer, stops working, since i bought this laptop notebook. Before it slowed everything down, but didn't stop me from getting on websites, until the other day.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
On my HP notebook PC "ASK TOOLBAR' was there in Programs. After i removed it my computer has been working fine. Before i uninstalled ASK i couldn't get on Any website.

The Hewlett Packard tech dept knows i've had problems with Internet Explorer, stops working, since i bought this laptop notebook. Before it slowed everything down, but didn't stop me from getting on websites, until the other day.
Have you tried downloading other internet browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, or Mozzilla Firefox?

Old 12-17-2011, 04:38 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Have you tried downloading other internet browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, or Mozzilla Firefox?
I use firefox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships