Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,841,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post

You paintball?

Went out on a second cardiac call after that last post. Apparently it's heart attack weather or something.
In arizona? I'd think with the snow birds it might be like heaven's waiting room west of the Mississippi River. Did you get in on any of the treatment? It is interesting watching them run iv's and medication through the iv's and using a 12 lead and monitors and all that stuff.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,208,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
In arizona? I'd think with the snow birds it might be like heaven's waiting room west of the Mississippi River. Did you get in on any of the treatment? It is interesting watching them run iv's and medication through the iv's and using a 12 lead and monitors and all that stuff.
No, New Mexico. This area is where geriatric Texans come to die (or at least, retire).

I did get to help bag the first one, and then got to help with his xfer to a medivac helo. That was cool. Second guy, I helped get bloods drawn and got to administer aspirin and stuff.

Since I'm a student I pretty much just get to watch, and help do stuff when needed.

The rides out to the calls were way more fun best rollercoaster I have ever been on.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,841,967 times
Quote:
No, New Mexico. This area is where geriatric Texans come to die (or at least, retire).

I did get to help bag the first one, and then got to help with his xfer to a medivac helo. That was cool. Second guy, I helped get bloods drawn and got to administer aspirin and stuff.

Since I'm a student I pretty much just get to watch, and help do stuff when needed.

The rides out to the calls were way more fun best rollercoaster I have ever been on.
I love it when the helicopter comes in. I have a friend to flies on flight team. The helicopeter is an EC145. Way cool bird.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 PM

I didn't get to see it land, but I did chat up the pilot while they were gettng ready to take him off the ambulance and put him on the helo. Then I got to watch it take off, which is awesome

Old 12-09-2011, 09:06 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
Quote:

You paintball?

Went out on a second cardiac call after that last post. Apparently it's heart attack weather or something.
Lol yeah and I'm good.

That's horrible about the heart attacks. I hope you made it in time. I went through that and the firefighter was the first person to help me.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:07 AM

first guy was dead on scene when we arrived, after cpr and shocking him he rejoined the and of the living after about 10 min of not having a pulse. he was unconscious the rest of the night (he was in the hospital for an hour and a half, then we transferred to medevac at the airport).

second guy was actually in the middle of having his heart attack still (which had been going on for an hour) but he was still aware of what was going on. transpoeted to hospital, he was doing just fine.

it was an interesting night at least on my final the last thing I need to study for is cardiac emergencies.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,585,338 times
Quote:

Said it right the first time. Funny how they would move from one flat featureless state to go retire in another just like it.
I'm noticing my former city of residence is becoming glutted with blue-hairs and on Modays they all seem wander this way jamming up the thoroughfares.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Said it right the first time. Funny how they would move from one flat featureless state to go retire in another just like it.
I'm noticing my former city of residence is becoming glutted with blue-hairs and on Modays they all seem wander this way jamming up the thoroughfares.
There's a lot of them moving down here too. My parents keep saying they are going to retire to NC...lol

Old 12-09-2011, 05:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
I hear them J6, I love summer time. I can handle Spring and fall here in pa but give me a warm state. I'm all bundled up now in pa.
And it's not even winter yet. December 22nd is the actual first day of winter.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I hear them J6, I love summer time. I can handle Spring and fall here in pa but give me a warm state. I'm all bundled up now in pa.
And it's not even winter yet. December 22nd is the actual first day of winter.
Yup, they are in NY still and they had such a bad winter last year. I worry about them shoveling snow all the time. My grandfather had a heart attach shoveling snow and I don't want that happening to my dad!

We get all 4 seasons down here, but the winter is mild. It was in the 70's at the beginning of this week...today it was in the 50's. Not too bad! The summers can be hot but every where you go there is AC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships