Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,299,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Just like a corpse.
A corpse in a coffin sure.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I know what you mean too about them "rotting". Eggplant should not turn to liqued. I've never had one do that.

We had to do a project with veggies for one of the kids and I chose an eggplant because I knew it would just dry up and shrivel...they usually don't smell when they rot either. (we made a penguin ).
Exactly! It should never happen!

Once I did a deliberate scientific experiment with a loaf of "bread." It looked picture-perfect for about 3 months. Eventually, I was curious and opened the bag. There were worms inside, but the look hadn't changed one bit!

Tonight I just finished a gallon of milk from TJ's (doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about them right now), which was supposed to be best by 12/26. Two weeks later it was perfectly fine... Fry's (Kroger) milk at least spoils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I believe she mentioned it was in a bag of some sort so the moisture that would have normally escaped and left behind the shrivelled bits was trapped and left to rot.
The bag was just very loosely tied; not sealed or anything.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:04 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
I believe she mentioned it was in a bag of some sort so the moisture that would have normally escaped and left behind the shrivelled bits was trapped and left to rot.
Good point! Maybe that was the reason.

Quote:
If you're going to put the sibling spin on it this will really make the whole stalking thing very creepy.
Oops, sorry. Carry on! Stalk away

Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Once I did a deliberate scientific experiment with a loaf of "bread." It looked picture-perfect for about 3 months. Eventually, I was curious and opened the bag. There were worms inside, but the look hadn't changed one bit!

Tonight I just finished a gallon of milk from TJ's (doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about them right now), which was supposed to be best by 12/26. Two weeks later it was perfectly fine... Fry's (Kroger) milk at least spoils!

The bag wasn't closed at all.
It's kind of disgusting when you think of all the chemicals and preservatives that we consume, even from foods we consider "healthy" and "natural"

Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,572,904 times
Quote:
Yes.

Unfortunatly this is the case. I don't drink myself but I don't think that should be imposed upon other people. I think that the limiting of alcohol is the limiting of rights and freedom of choice.

I don't agree with it at all.
I'm used to the state liquor stores, aka ABC stores here, and I don't drink that much anyway. Never had a issue getting a beer at a restaurant in UT. Many of the mom & pop type places there serve beer whereas they don't here.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,572,904 times
Quote:
It's kind of disgusting when you think of all the chemicals and preservatives that we consume, even from foods we consider "healthy" and "natural"
Natural is a very, very loose term.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I make my own breads. Store bought just isn't as good or thick. I am also a preserves lover. Especially cherry preserves and orange marmalade. Clover honey is good over bread too.

You can never be sure what is in your food unless you grow it yourself.

Even then if you are using hybrid seeds you aren't getting natures goodness.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I'm used to the state liquor stores, aka ABC stores here, and I don't drink that much anyway. Never had a issue getting a beer at a restaurant in UT. Many of the mom & pop type places there serve beer whereas they don't here.
The one benefit to grocery shopping down here is that I can get wine in the grocery store. In NY you had to go to the liquor store to get wine.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

The bag was just very loosely tied; not sealed or anything.
Oh. Well then I wonder what the storage conditions were? Was it in a fridge crisper bin or in a cool, dark cupboard or on a counter or something?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Oh. Well then I wonder what the storage conditions were? Was it in a fridge crisper bin or in a cool, dark cupboard or on a counter or something?
In a (dark) pantry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships