Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 12:18 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I don’t think a filter is odd either I was responding to timberline saying he’s never seen a height filter before.

And you mentioned most women will start at average height..we’re talking about short guys.. Below 5’9/5’10 is usually the cutoff
yep, thats why I keep meeting guys who state they are 5'10" but turn out to be 5'8".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 12:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yep, thats why I keep meeting guys who state they are 5'10" but turn out to be 5'8".

Maybe I haven't looked for the filters? I dunno. Anyway, I don't see the point of them. I notice people lie on their age, sometimes saying so in their text (not 42, for search purposes!), and body type with women really means nothing as its all over the map... I've met self described curvy women that are slim with boobs, and others that are straight up obese. So, I don't see the point in them. If there are income filters I suspect the same game is going on. So, if the game is broken, don't play it. Simple.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:23 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
What are physical traits normally classified as a "flaw" that are NOT turn-offs for you?

In short, what physical flaws can a person have & still be attractive to you?
- scars
- big ears
- big nose
- odd eyes
- acne scars/bad skin
- big belly

but not everything on that list on one person

Old 08-23-2018, 12:29 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,112,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I wouldn’t do that but as a short guy I can see how a few might be like screw it I can’t even get a date on here because of women’s height obsession let me add a few inches to my height to try to get my foot in the door.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,072,386 times
Quote:
I wouldn’t do that but as a short guy I can see how a few might be like screw it I can’t even get a date on here because of women’s height obsession let me add a few inches to my height to try to get my foot in the door.
But does that work out? Is she fine with the fact that you fudged about it once you meet? Are you fine if a woman, say, fudges about her weight or age and shows up different from what she said?

How can this help? Why not just focus on the women who are fine with a man your height, instead of "getting your foot in the door" with a woman who won't want you? That makes no sense. It's a recipe for failure plus it can lower your self-esteem even though it's a preference and on her. I can't see how this would do anybody any favors.

I realize the idea is that it will broaden your choices but how is that broadening choices when it's going to result in rejection? For lying if for no other reason.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But does that work out? Is she fine with the fact that you fudged about it once you meet? Are you fine if a woman, say, fudges about her weight or age and shows up different from what she said?

How can this help? Why not just focus on the women who are fine with a man your height, instead of "getting your foot in the door" with a woman who won't want you? That makes no sense. It's a recipe for failure plus it can lower your self-esteem even though it's a preference and on her. I can't see how this would do anybody any favors.

I realize the idea is that it will broaden your choices but how is that broadening choices when it's going to result in rejection? For lying if for no other reason.
I said I wouldn’t do it I just can understand the frustration...Plus maybe they think they can win her over with personality and that the height filter is more something she put online where in the real world if she met a guy slightly shorter then she wants but they connected it wouldn’t matter as much.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times
Quote:
...Plus maybe they think they can win her over with personality and that the height filter is more something she put online where in the real world if she met a guy slightly shorter then she wants but they connected it wouldn’t matter as much.
That would not work with me, the "winning over" part, and the bait-and-switch would **** me off.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,072,386 times
Quote:
I said I wouldn’t do it I just can understand the frustration...Plus maybe they think they can win her over with personality and that the height filter is more something she put online where in the real world if she met a guy slightly shorter then she wants but they connected it wouldn’t matter as much.
Well, you've just made an excellent point - we *think* we want such-and-such but when we bump into someone we just happen to click with, we aren't necessarily thinking about all those things, in bullet-point format or something.

So I do think for people for whom OLD isn't working, you just need to figure out a way to approach people in...I hate to say "the real world" because people on OLD are real (well, sometimes, LOL...just kidding) but you get the idea.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That would not work with me, the "winning over" part, and the bait-and-switch would **** me off.
Maybe not everyone is as rigid with physical standards/ preferences as you?

Old 08-23-2018, 01:27 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times
Quote:
Maybe not everyone is as rigid with physical standards/ preferences as you?

Wouldn't those less rigid people not use the filters to screen the shorter people out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships