Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:41 PM

18,536 posts, read 18,779,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
HA! Thank you.

I am 60 also. We small-breasted women had to sit in the shadows when we were young while the girls with the big boobs slung them hither and yon in the faces of all the boys and got all the attention.

Now my big-boobed friends are whining about bra-strap ruts and back problems and trying to keep those things from settling at their waists.

I feel no sympathy. You and your boobs had your day!
never had much up top myself but never bothered me , I was very shy and the thought of having big knockers never appealled to me. although now I have bigger ones.. but Im older and who cares...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 PM

70 posts, read 47,079 times
Default Where's my George Costanza??

Ok, here goes. Most of the traits I am attracted to are often considered "flaws" by women, but I find them irresistible.
I love shorter (5'5" - 5'9") bald or balding and a bit on the nerdy side. I always crush on the friend in movies, and rarely the leading guy.
Though this is a choice and not a flaw, I also LOVE facial hair. No, not the foot long, hipster birds nest hanging off some faces..but a tidy beard or goatee...mmmmm.....get in my face, please! :-}
No shave November has me drooling all month long at work.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:24 AM

399 posts, read 221,380 times
I can overlook almost anything if someone has good eyes and a good smile. (Assuming no severe deformities like lacking arms/legs etc)

Old 08-22-2018, 06:56 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
I can overlook almost anything if someone has good eyes and a good smile. (Assuming no severe deformities like lacking arms/legs etc)
Hmm. Even those such things can be overlooked under the right conditions.

My dad lost both his feet/legs below the knee in WWII. He met my mother after he came home and recovered and was walking on prosthetics. She had a disabled sister (CP plus mentally challenged) so she was able to look past his disability and see the person. Her father was mean and nasty, and my father was gentle and kind, so she was drawn to him despite his amputations. They fell in love and got married, and I am the fourth of their seven children.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:47 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,106,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What height filters? Is it a woman only thing? I've never seen one on the platforms I use.
Just about every dating site I’ve used have height filters.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Just about every dating site I’ve used have height filters.
That doesn't seem weird to me, I mean don't they also include other surface stuff in filtering, like age and body type?

Surely a large percentage of women will start that height filter at average. Considering when you look around you, you can see how many average-height guys are hooked up. Some women will demand a very tall guy, sure. Some guys will demand a very young woman. Or a certain degree of perceived beauty/hotness. People eliminate one another all the time based on surface stuff. You don't need a woman who wants a tall guy, if you're not a tall guy. Why bother? And a woman who doesn't meet your standards of looks doesn't need you. This is really really basic...part of romantic attraction does tend to be physical, for both men and women.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:31 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,478,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hmm. Even those such things can be overlooked under the right conditions.

My dad lost both his feet/legs below the knee in WWII. He met my mother after he came home and recovered and was walking on prosthetics. She had a disabled sister (CP plus mentally challenged) so she was able to look past his disability and see the person. Her father was mean and nasty, and my father was gentle and kind, so she was drawn to him despite his amputations. They fell in love and got married, and I am the fourth of their seven children.
Too bad people like your mom don't use OLD.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:38 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,106,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That doesn't seem weird to me, I mean don't they also include other surface stuff in filtering, like age and body type?

Surely a large percentage of women will start that height filter at average. Considering when you look around you, you can see how many average-height guys are hooked up. Some women will demand a very tall guy, sure. Some guys will demand a very young woman. Or a certain degree of perceived beauty/hotness. People eliminate one another all the time based on surface stuff. You don't need a woman who wants a tall guy, if you're not a tall guy. Why bother? And a woman who doesn't meet your standards of looks doesn't need you. This is really really basic...part of romantic attraction does tend to be physical, for both men and women.
I don’t think a filter is odd either I was responding to timberline saying he’s never seen a height filter before.

And you mentioned most women will start at average height..we’re talking about short guys.. Below 5’9/5’10 is usually the cutoff

Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I don’t think a filter is odd either I was responding to timberline saying he’s never seen a height filter before.

And you mentioned most women will start at average height..we’re talking about short guys.. Below 5’9/5’10 is usually the cutoff
Oh, I see. Again, though, that definitely won't be every woman's cutoff. Look around you. The average for an adult U.S. male isn't even 5'9". But most people wind up hooked up.

Will women who demand a taller man be eliminated...yes, but as I said, people eliminate eachother for all sorts of physical and other reasons. Both men and women do this. That's a given.

I don't know too much about dating apps as I haven't been on them, I did OLD when it was all sites.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:00 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,959,711 times
Go to 2:38 of video.

You will see how some women are delusional in wanting the best when they are very much below average. A part of me thinks some Asian women are boosted by white beta males chasing them all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsDt78NnHQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships