Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 01:31 PM

5,334 posts, read 6,124,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wouldn't those less rigid people not use the filters to screen the shorter people out?
On a lot of these sites you have to use the filter..my point old you’re going strictly by stats where in person if a women is hitting it off with a guy slightly shorter then she filters for with old she may not be thinking wait this guys 5’7 or 5’8 my cut off is 5’9 NEXT like she would old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,258,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Maybe not everyone is as rigid with physical standards/ preferences as you?
Apparently

Old 08-23-2018, 01:33 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,136,612 times
Quote:
On a lot of these sites you have to use the filter..my point old you’re going strictly by stats where in person if a women is hitting it off with a guy slightly shorter then she filters for with old she may not be thinking wait this guys 5’8 my cut off is 5’9.
She probably wouldn't anyway and women aren't stupid, so it's likely she already has a pretty wide "parameter" for this particular category anyway. Women like to maximize their chances too.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Apparently
Have you never met a guy who didn’t check off every physicia preference you had but you clicked with him?

Old 08-23-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
She probably wouldn't anyway and women aren't stupid, so it's likely she already has a pretty wide "parameter" for this particular category anyway. Women like to maximize their chances too.
So you’re saying in person it wouldn’t matter either? She’s not gonna ever budge an inch from a height preference even if she hits it off with a guy?

Sheesh

Old 08-23-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
So you’re saying in person it wouldn’t matter either? She’s not gonna ever budge an inch from a height preference even if she hits it off with a guy?

Sheesh
No, what I was saying was she's not going to cut off a man based on being 5'8" instead of 5'9", probably...rather, it's likely she has much broader parameters than that, if she's required to give them on the dating site.

I think you're reading differently into these posts because height is such a big issue for you. You have made it your center, even though you surely see guys your height with women all the time. It's kind of blinding you to what people are actually saying.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:43 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,258,782 times
Quote:
Have you never met a guy who didn’t check off every physicia preference you had but you clicked with him?
Yes, most of the times.

In fact, I rarely have dated guys who are considered traditionally attractive, but as a tall person myself I do like them to be at least as tall as I am.

As has been stated a million times on here, everybody has their "thing" that they can't get past.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, what I was saying was she's not going to cut off a man based on being 5'8" instead of 5'9", probably...rather, it's likely she has much broader parameters than that, if she's required to give them on the dating site.

I think you're reading differently into these posts because height is such a big issue for you. You have made it your center, even though you surely see guys your height with women all the time. It's kind of blinding you to what people are actually saying.
I get it..if her height is set at 5’9 say she probably prefers taller then that but is willing to budge a few more inches for more potential dates.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:20 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,063,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just admit, you're using height as an excuse for other shortcomings...
I see what you did there. Well played.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I get it..if her height is set at 5’9 say she probably prefers taller then that but is willing to budge a few more inches for more potential dates.
No, I'm saying, she wants a broad range of potential dates and doesn't have some arbitrary height measurement in mind so she gives a range.

Same with any range you need to fill out - age, etc. You don't fill out 28-35 because you'd really rather have 29 but 28 might have to do. It's because you don't have just this one exact number in mind as the magic number or something, and if you were to pick one out of thin air you could be missing out. So you give a range.

Does it have to start somewhere - well, yeah, if it's a required thing to fill out.

Some women WILL want a tall man, sure. But it's not the majority. Again - look around you. And if you're going to say yet again that it's totally different with OLD...well then stop using OLD! Approach women who are there in front of you. Strike up a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships