Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:29 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,133,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
How come women will listen to other women's problems but don't want to listen to guys' problems and then expect men to listen to their problems?

How come men always are expected to be strong and silent and never vent?
Usually if I have a major problem, the source of the problem is the girl I'm dating. So, I can't go to her anyway.

I can goto mommy and sis...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 PM

6,166 posts, read 4,639,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What's the basis for these sweeping generalizations?
It is a generalization the poster makes, but it isn't completely without merit. Think of all of the advocacy that is done on behalf of women, whether it's health care targeted to their needs such as breast cancer awareness or getting girls involved in math and science, or helping women who have to "juggle it all" or so many other support systems and awareness campaigns that women have in place that have been aren't really emphasized for men.

Please don't misunderstand. I think these can be wonderful programs, but we rarely see a companion version that reaches out for men. We don't hear about men's health issues or prostate cancer (as one example) to anywhere the degree that women's health is emphasized (and men have a lifespan unacceptably FIVE TO TEN YEARS lower than women) , in many cases men have lower education rates than women and tend to fall behind the cracks MORE, and rarely have the social support systems women have when they have to "juggle it all". This barely scratches the surface of the discrepancy between the support systems available for women that are lacking for men.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:13 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,259,118 times
I listen as long as it goes both ways. And as long as he is open to female perspective to his problems .

Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,402,042 times
Quote:
How come women will listen to other women's problems but don't want to listen to guys' problems and then expect men to listen to their problems?
I am female and almost never listen to other women's problems. My friends are all male, always have been. Women's problems are predictable and pretty boring. Men are almost always more interesting and vaired.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,110,672 times
1) Men don't have problems. We have **** we have to deal with.

2) Women don't want to hear about the **** we have to deal with until they are comfortable in the relationship and want us to open up to them.

3) When we don't open up to them, they tend to get upset and that just becomes more **** that we have to deal with.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,440,615 times
Quote:

You are just with the wrong women. I have plenty of male friends that tell me about their dating or marriage drama. They actually feel better talking to me than their male buddies.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:11 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,855,151 times
Quote:
"How come" most men can only relate to women using blanket statements?

Quote:
"How come" so many men are complete slaves to their gender's portrayal in women's magazines?

"How come" there are so many threads that take a personal misconception and apply it as a generalization to an entire gender, effectively reducing 3.5 billion individuals to one category?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:17 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,423,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I am female and almost never listen to other women's problems. My friends are all male, always have been. Women's problems are predictable and pretty boring. Men are almost always more interesting and vaired.
You apparently have issues with other women. Then again I have a buddy that has only female friends except for me. He relates better with them.
Women like to vent to other women and they are better listeners.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,266 times
Quote:

LOL, is this post for real?

Where do you meet girls at? Do you ever leave the block that you live on BlackJack?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,314,956 times
Quote:

They do?...They don't?...They do??.....They are???That's all news to me!..I doubt women expect men to be always strong and silent, and never vent....though that could be a mans perception of what women think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships