Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:41 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times

Advertisements

This is for men who feel the need to justify why they are single...probably not by choice.

It's a blame game for people like that. They can't stand to admit that they are dysfunctional in some way (ie no one wants to date them) so they make up false reasons that lay the blame on everyone else but themselves. For shame, but typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This is for men who feel the need to justify why they are single...probably not by choice.

It's a blame game for people like that. They can't stand to admit that they are dysfunctional in some way (ie no one wants to date them) so they make up false reasons that lay the blame on everyone else but themselves. For shame, but typical.
If we are completely and utterly honest.. which most people aren't, even with themselves.......

When they put up their facades....every once in a while you see a ch**k in their armor.... you see the "real" person.... then it quickly gets reabsorbed back into the facade.

People on some level know their issues.... its just how often they "know" them......

Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I don't think so. A large percentage of guys don't aspire to grow up, go to college, settle down, have kids, and move to the suburbs all by age 30-35. A lot guys, especially in cities like NYC and LA, are not all that interested in being in a serious relationship for the reasons listed and attempt to put it off for as long as possible. I myself have plenty of highly educated, professional male friends who are decent looking and make 6 figures (or close to it), but prefer not to get into anything serious because they get women fairly easily, enjoy playing the field, and have no real incentive to settle down. Moreover, for the majority of them, making money and advancing in their careers takes priority over settling down and starting a family.

Also, you have to realize that most people who really want a serious relationship end up finding a mate. Just take a look around and you'll see plenty of overweight, broke, and unattractive people who are in serious relationships or married. That pretty much tells me that anyone can find a serious relationship if they really try and aren't too picky.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 AM

405 posts, read 1,281,382 times
The reason I am single is that I live in America and American women are for the most part **Moderator: snip** That is 1 reason that can be expanded to 8 reasons.

I'm thinking about finding a woman from the East and so should you. Seriously, American women are not relationship material. I would like to try to even befriend them and try to understand them, but I find I am ostracized and treated most inhumanely for even trying to relate to their fabricated prowess.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 11-08-2011 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: removed women bashing comments

Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,990,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Then maybe your married friends arent in happy marriages? I havent had as much sex in my life as Ive had being married now...same thing for the hubby..we love being able to have that freedom of going at it whenever we want..of course, with married couples who have kids and decide sex falls lower on their list of priorities as a result- then thats really their choice. But marriage is what 2 people make of it. A study came out a few weeks ago proving married people have more sex (on average) than non-married people.
" marriage is what 2 people make it"
This is the bottom line, so choose wisely my friends, that is the key!

Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
The reason I am single is that I live in America and American women are for the most part: superficial, self-righteous, arrogant, dominating, masculine, overweight, immature and mentally deranged. That is 1 reason that can be expanded to 8 reasons.

I'm thinking about finding a woman from the East and so should you. Seriously, American women are not relationship material. I would like to try to even befriend them and try to understand them, but I find I am ostracized and treated most inhumanely for even trying to relate to their fabricated prowess.
Not all American women are as you described i.e. bad relationship material. In fact, most of the women I know would not fit your description. I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences, but lumping all American women into the same negative category isn't fair.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:17 AM

332 posts, read 529,060 times
If I were to get married, while we both have to agree to do it, I make it a requirement for my woman and I to have sex on a regular basis. Hell, while it's not the most important thing in a relationship, it is near the top of the list. This also applies even if we were to do it before marriage, but it's more vital after "I do" is said. Without some good lovemaking at least once a week (preferably more), that's part of the problem why partners cheat on each other.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 AM

664 posts, read 774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Not all American women are as you described i.e. bad relationship material. In fact, most of the women I know would not fit your description. I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences, but lumping all American women into the same negative category isn't fair.
women do it all the time. 1-2 bad relationships and all men are pigs, scum and bastards. No one ever calls them out for it.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
I agree the list is somewhat relevant for both males and females.

A few questions though? Why is it that most men report a sharp decline in sex after saying the words "I do?" Why is it that most men can say they haven't received "head" since before their honeymoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Because women's sex drive plummets after their thirties whereas guys' stay the same.
"About 40% of married people have sex twice a week, compared to 20-25% of single and cohabitating men and women."
PyschPage

"In 2006, British researchers reviewed the sexual habits of men in 38 countries and found that in every country, married men have more sex."
Menshealth

"Married men make more money, have more peace of mind, and have more and better sex."
Psychology Today

Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
You can take the time to find the right woman

One of our reasons for staying single is that you can afford to wait for your true soul mate (if one even exists) to pop into the picture. You can take the time to casually wade through the barracuda-infested waters of the dating pool and set your hook for the prize catch. In other words, by holding out for Miss Right (instead of Miss Always Right), you can avoid the mistake of a lifetime and marry for love -- and not out of desperation. It's sad to say, but too many guys get hitched for the wrong reasons, like they've reached a certain age, all of their friends are getting married, and they haven't been successful at dating and this woman is the first to show interest. This reason for staying single allows you to take your time playing the dating game, and increase your odds of beating the divorce statistics.

You can focus on your career

Our No. 2 reason for staying single is that you can enjoy the opportunity of building your career without draining the tons of energy a permanent relationship entails. You remain free to put in long hours, work on the weekends or do whatever else you have to do to be successful. This is especially true if you're working in any kind of time-demanding field, such as medicine, law or entrepreneurship. The upside is, once your business hits the big time and you're cranking mucho dinero , you'll have hordes of women throwing themselves at you. That being said, you probably still won't even have time to think about marriage. Plus, don't miss our top tools:

You can do what you want, when you want

When you're single, the world is your oyster. You can pick up and go anywhere you want, do anything you want, any time you want. No one is in the background nagging at you to do chores, go shopping, or "grow up." You're absolutely free to hang out with your buddies, party until dawn and find plenty of time for your personal interests and hobbies. Best of all, you have the luxury of being all by yourself, if you feel like it.

You can enjoy a sexual smorgasbord

One of the best reasons for staying single is that you're not stuck with the same sex partner for the rest of your life. The dating universe is yours to conquer. You can happily sample all the different fare at the sexual buffet, and keep your taste buds primed for the next dish being served. What's more, you never have to wrestle with sexual boredom or lack of variety (and you'll be the envy of all your married friends).

You can build wealth

Staying single means not being forced into buying a 10,000-megawatt diamond ring (so your fiance can impress her friends with the huge price tag) or any of the other bloodsucking financial drains that marriage entails, for that matter. And you won't be stuck having to regularly shell out for the flowers, more jewelry and the other gifts that a wife demands (it's like paying maintenance fees on a condo). By staying single, you're not legally or financially obligated to anyone but yourself. But once you John Hancock the dotted line on that marriage contract, she has you by the balls forever. You can take this money (that somehow spontaneously becomes "hers" once you get married) and invest it in important things like sex-drenched singles' cruises, buying cool cars or building equity in a house.

You can enjoy serenity

Another reason for staying single is that being alone means peace and quiet. When you don't live with a woman, you're not subjected to her never-ending mood swings and emotional storms, or her blaming you for everything that she screws up in her life. And, of course, no fights. As long as you keep her as a casual girlfriend and not a wife, if she gets too uppity you can simply walk away, free and clear.

You can keep your toys

When you're single, you can hang on to all your fun toys -- that classic Mustang, the speedboat, the Harley -- all of which seem to magically disappear overnight once you get married. Your wife won't want you to have these things because they take the focus off her and she feels it's her money that she could be better spending on clothes and shoes.

You don't have to compromise

Being single means you don't have to constantly find a "middle ground" -- meaning, doing what she wants to do (whether you like it or not). This includes being forced to see chick flicks or suffer antique fairs and dinner with her friends. And you'd better toe the line buddy, or you'll have hell to pay and no more sex for you.

The Single Life

While marriage may provide certain benefits, when you choose to stay single, you're keeping the door open for many more options and opportunities in your life. Your male independence is something you should never surrender lightly, even if you think you've met the girl of your dreams. So think twice (or maybe three times) before you take that long walk down the aisle. If you're still not sure about it, however, here's one last reason for staying single: You don't have to deal with in-laws. Point made.

8 Reasons Guys Prefer to Be Single - iVillage
All of that's true for me except #4. Married couples DON'T have the same freedom as singles. A single person doesn't have to consider nobody but themselves, whereas a couple has to take each other into consideration with everything. Plus, singles don't have to deal with the ups and downs of relationships. So I hope all couples enjoy their arguments and disagreements
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships