Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:12 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,601,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

I know I am not the only one who has lost a parent, I know I am not alone. I have lost them both and envy people who still have their parents.
It's tough losing a parent. My husband lost both pretty young. I think the hardest part is not having them there to tell you about your youth and ask questions advice only they can answer. Thank you for sharing your thoughts...it's good to appreciate the people in our life while we have them here!

(((hugs)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,620,760 times
Quote:
For some reason this morning I was brought back to my childhood with thoughts of my mother. It could have been a little girl I saw while he and I were out to breakfast together, or it could have also been the thoughts of getting older, as I am nearing the age when my mother gave birth to me. At any rate, I am thinking of her these days, during what is becoming the holiday season.

I don't remember everything from my childhood, a lot of it seems like a blur. I do, however remember laying on a gurney and being wheeled away, I can see my parents so clearly. Even now, thinking back on all of these years, I never remember my mother as being a very emotional person. Tears flowed from her eyes and I looked at her and said, "Don't cry, Mommy, it's ok."

Soon I would have a simple surgery, just my tonsils removed. I had no idea what was going on, I don't remember anything from that day besides what I now know as a mothers love. I've cried those same tears in this lifetime many times. It was not until that time that I would ever understand that day.

Often times, my mother comes into my mind. It may be something as simple as this, or something much more complex. What it always boils down to is she is gone from this earth and I miss her dearly.

There are the days when I need to know. It doesn't matter what I need to know, but she is the only one with the answer. I will call her. But then I can't.

I know I am not the only one who has lost a parent, I know I am not alone. I have lost them both and envy people who still have their parents. I see women my age out shopping with their mother and I envy them. I come across teenagers talking to their parents with such disrespect and I want to let them know to honor them, as they will not always be around.

Today I think of her and I smile. A few tears have also been shed as well. I guess some days it just hits harder. I don't know why, but today just may be one of those days..... I look to the left of me now and I smile. He has a box of tissues sitting on my side of the bed there......
Robin,
Your post brought me to tears, my heart is aching for you. I have a couple friends who have lost their mothers in recent years and they too are having a very hard time coping. I see those same teenagers you are talking about too and I would like to smack them sometimes . My parents are so precious to me and I promised myself years ago I would never take them for granted.

I won't be on city-data for a few months, but please, inbox me if you ever want to talk, I'll send you my email address. Hugs to you my friend, you have a lot of people that care for you here

Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Robin,
Your post brought me to tears, my heart is aching for you. I have a couple friends who have lost their mothers in recent years and they too are having a very hard time coping. I see those same teenagers you are talking about too and I would like to smack them sometimes . My parents are so precious to me and I promised myself years ago I would never take them for granted.

I won't be on city-data for a few months, but please, inbox me if you ever want to talk, I'll send you my email address. Hugs to you my friend, you have a lot of people that care for you here
Thank you so much Mona Lisa. Means the world when people care, and I can feel it.... =)

Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
It's tough losing a parent. My husband lost both pretty young. I think the hardest part is not having them there to tell you about your youth and ask questions advice only they can answer. Thank you for sharing your thoughts...it's good to appreciate the people in our life while we have them here!

(((hugs)))
Lyra, I imagine that would be tough. Does he have other family he can go to for this? To find out about his youth? ((((hugs back)))

Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,241,402 times
Thank you for sharing!! May you find peace and warmth this holiday season with beautiful memories.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,198,763 times
Quote:
For some reason this morning I was brought back to my childhood with thoughts of my mother. It could have been a little girl I saw while he and I were out to breakfast together, or it could have also been the thoughts of getting older, as I am nearing the age when my mother gave birth to me. At any rate, I am thinking of her these days, during what is becoming the holiday season.

I don't remember everything from my childhood, a lot of it seems like a blur. I do, however remember laying on a gurney and being wheeled away, I can see my parents so clearly. Even now, thinking back on all of these years, I never remember my mother as being a very emotional person. Tears flowed from her eyes and I looked at her and said, "Don't cry, Mommy, it's ok."

Soon I would have a simple surgery, just my tonsils removed. I had no idea what was going on, I don't remember anything from that day besides what I now know as a mothers love. I've cried those same tears in this lifetime many times. It was not until that time that I would ever understand that day.

Often times, my mother comes into my mind. It may be something as simple as this, or something much more complex. What it always boils down to is she is gone from this earth and I miss her dearly.

There are the days when I need to know. It doesn't matter what I need to know, but she is the only one with the answer. I will call her. But then I can't.

I know I am not the only one who has lost a parent, I know I am not alone. I have lost them both and envy people who still have their parents. I see women my age out shopping with their mother and I envy them. I come across teenagers talking to their parents with such disrespect and I want to let them know to honor them, as they will not always be around.

Today I think of her and I smile. A few tears have also been shed as well. I guess some days it just hits harder. I don't know why, but today just may be one of those days..... I look to the left of me now and I smile. He has a box of tissues sitting on my side of the bed there......
Thank you for that. I miss my mom sooo much I really can't describe it. I also know she's in a better place, and with a bunch of bad stuff happening in our immediate family (cheating and divorces) she's being spared a lot of heartache.
I miss her every day.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Thank you for sharing!! May you find peace and warmth this holiday season with beautiful memories.
Thank you round4, and may you also as well. Thanksgiving is coming up and all of us brothers and sisters will sit around later on in the day talking about our parents, and going through old pictures. Pictures your fingers actually touch, not look at on a screen.

Some will say, "I remember that day!" For many, I will not because my brothers and sisters a quite a bit older than I am. Some of the older nieces and nephews will be into the conversation, they are around 30 years old now.

My sister will say to me, as she always does, "Don't you start crying because now you are going to make me start, and my brothers wife will be wiping the tears from her eyes.

We, with our own families, will be thinking of the years gone by and making new memories for our young ones to talk about in the upcoming years....

Be blessed.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
Thank you for that. I miss my mom sooo much I really can't describe it. I also know she's in a better place, and with a bunch of bad stuff happening in our immediate family (cheating and divorces) she's being spared a lot of heartache.
I miss her every day.
Well, I can obviously say I know how it feels to miss your mother. I hope that things get better with your family....... =(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships