Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,354,132 times

Advertisements

It's definitely at the top of my list. I need a girl who can throw down.

Show me how much you love me with a hot plate, woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:38 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,111,704 times
I like to cook, in fact I collect recipes and cookbooks. I got married for the last time back in 1992 after dating my best friend for 5 or 6 years. A year later, I had the kitchen in my house remodeled and enlarged. Her and I can be in the kitchen at the same time and cook together, something we do when we have guests for dinner. We eat out every Thursday night, at the same restaurant. But, we still love cooking together and trying new recipes. How important is a mate who can cook, you ask? I would never even date a person who couldn't and didn't cook. I did once and that was one of the main reasons our relationship ended. She was a very good looking gal, small, shapely, good personality, but she couldn't cook and she was dumb as a box of rocks. Even though I can cook, and love to cook, I would not be involved with anyone who couldn't cook. My wife is an excellent cook...

Old 11-13-2011, 02:28 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg999 View Post
I don't care, microwavable pizzas are delicious, can't complain about that. Besides, there's ton of readily eatable frozen stuff.
Incredibly unhealthy.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:08 AM

245 posts, read 520,264 times
Just don't burn the food and make it look recognizable, and I'm all good.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times
Earlier this year I returned to online dating. One thing I put in my profile is that I love to cook, and that I cook dinner every single day. That one line made so many men write me, moreso than anything else. Apparently cooking holds real value to some people. I know a lot of women in my age range (early 40s) who brag about not cooking; frankly I find that bizarre.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,321,724 times
I have no desire to be the only cook in the family. I enjoy cooking and I love to "play around" in the kitchen and invent new recipes. But it's no fun to have to cook every single day...Thank goodness I married a man who loved to cook just as much as I did and we took turns cooking. (And creating new recipes.)...Before I met and married my husband (decades ago) I dated a few men who weren't interested in cooking very often. (Or at all.) This was a big drawback for me. I just didn't want to end up as the only cook in the family.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,901 times
I'd love to meet a woman who can cook well and/or who can motivate me to cook. I can make a mean pasta with tomato sauce and that's about it! Well ok, I can make some more complex meals (nailed creme brulee on my first try) but I never have the time or energy for it.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,255 times
If you're not motivated then I would say either very little or close to zero. Neither my clothes or hair will smell like food that's for sure.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,321,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I like to cook, in fact I collect recipes and cookbooks. I got married for the last time back in 1992 after dating my best friend for 5 or 6 years. A year later, I had the kitchen in my house remodeled and enlarged. Her and I can be in the kitchen at the same time and cook together, something we do when we have guests for dinner. We eat out every Thursday night, at the same restaurant. But, we still love cooking together and trying new recipes. How important is a mate who can cook, you ask? I would never even date a person who couldn't and didn't cook. I did once and that was one of the main reasons our relationship ended. She was a very good looking gal, small, shapely, good personality, but she couldn't cook and she was dumb as a box of rocks. Even though I can cook, and love to cook, I would not be involved with anyone who couldn't cook. My wife is an excellent cook...
I can totally relate! Before I met and married my husband (the cook) I dated a man who had a lot of things "going" for him. He and his brother started an "early" computer parts company and sold it for several million dollars. He was smart and entertaining and we got along great!...The only drawback was that he didn't didn't like to cook and had no desire to ever cook very much...Being with him meant that I'd be the only cook in the family except for when we went out to eat. (He didn't mind going out to eat on a regular basis.)...I'm more of a "homebody." I don't want to go out to eat every night!...In the end we "parted ways" (as friends) because I was looking for a man who shared my passion for cooking. (At home "together!")...Eventually I met my husband and he "won me over" with his soups and casseroles and "baked treats" etc. We "played chef" and had fun together in the kitchen for nearly 25 years! (Until he passed away last year.)

Old 11-14-2011, 11:18 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,388,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
How is important that your SO knows how to cook well?
Not important at all.

My hubs actually loves to cook and cook often but its making me fat. I've gained 25 pounds since we first met. I prefer small, simple meals. The less food and temptation, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships