Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,187,972 times

Advertisements

So why is it that now that I realize I just want to be able to have fun, with no drama, the harder that gets? For example the men I meet inevitably pressure me--and I'm not good under pressure. I just don't like having to answer to anyone, so within the past few months, I quit dating all together. That's my question, though how to get back in the game, without having to deal with men I'm not willing to commit to....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,327 times
Dating and relationships are very stressful. I have been dating someone I really like so far but honestly, it has not been easy!

As an individual, I have my own way of doing things and sometimes, it is hard to understand and accept the fact that people do things totally differently than you do.

I love being able to make my own decisions without having to consult with someone else. Also, it is hard to deal with a person who may not as reliable as you are, I remember my last long term relationship, it was very stressful sometimes having to depend on someone who is not always reliable.

Relationships are very important but sometimes, I feel like I can do better on my own than with most people out there.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dating and relationships are very stressful. I have been dating someone I really like so far but honestly, it has not been easy!

As an individual, I have my own way of doing things and sometimes, it is hard to understand and accept the fact that people do things totally differently than you do.

I love being able to make my own decisions without having to consult with someone else. Also, it is hard to deal with a person who may not as reliable as you are, I remember my last long term relationship, it was very stressful sometimes having to depend on someone who is not always reliable.

Relationships are very important but sometimes, I feel like I can do better on my own than with most people out there.
This is a real indicator imho that the person you are with is NOT the one. Being reliable is pretty high on my priority list.

Anyway, good luck to all you single/dating folks. Yes its not easy but you go through the process to hopefully land the right one...best of luck

Old 11-09-2011, 03:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,277,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
So why is it that now that I realize I just want to be able to have fun, with no drama, the harder that gets? For example the men I meet inevitably pressure me--and I'm not good under pressure. I just don't like having to answer to anyone, so within the past few months, I quit dating all together. That's my question, though how to get back in the game, without having to deal with men I'm not willing to commit to....
Don't accept dates with men you don't really, truly like. Doesn't matter if they are asking for a first date or a fifth. If you decide at any point that he's not right for you, say "no thanks" and move on. You don't have to deal with anything you don't want to, and you don't owe it to any man to indulge his pressure tactics. If he can't accept "no," that's his problem.

Quote:
Key word being "sometimes." We're all better off being alone than with the wrong person, and those "sometimes" occur when we are with the wrong person.

When you date, the big question is "Am I better off with or without this person?"

All it takes is one "with."

Old 11-09-2011, 04:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,012,037 times
Quote:
you'd probably love me. I don't push, and I give space. If you want to see me, just give me a call and I'll do my best to show up.

Just be on time. Good god almight if you stand me up lol.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Don't accept dates with men you don't really, truly like. Doesn't matter if they are asking for a first date or a fifth. If you decide at any point that he's not right for you, say "no thanks" and move on. You don't have to deal with anything you don't want to, and you don't owe it to any man to indulge his pressure tactics. If he can't accept "no," that's his problem.

Key word being "sometimes." We're all better off being alone than with the wrong person, and those "sometimes" occur when we are with the wrong person.

When you date, the big question is "Am I better off with or without this person?"

All it takes is one "with."

I'm going to keep this in mind; although that was the situation I had...I'd been out w/ this guy a few times & realized I was wasting my time; when I stopped seeing him he didn't take it well. So not having to explain myself is a biggie for me
Btw, I like that last line-- All it takes is one "with"

Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you'd probably love me. I don't push, and I give space. If you want to see me, just give me a call and I'll do my best to show up.

Just be on time. Good god almight if you stand me up lol.
LOL, sounds like you're very fun to hang out with If you're not the pushy type who gives space, that's definitely a plus

Old 11-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I'm going to keep this in mind; although that was the situation I had...I'd been out w/ this guy a few times & realized I was wasting my time; when I stopped seeing him he didn't take it well. So not having to explain myself is a biggie for me
Btw, I like that last line-- All it takes is one "with"
Question: How did you "stop" seeing him? Did you tell him that you did not think it was going anywhere or one day, you just stopped answering his texts or phone calls? I would be upset too, if everything is going well and suddenly communication just stops, I don't care what the situation is, it is important to communicate things to the other person clearly, IMO!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Question: How did you "stop" seeing him? Did you tell him that you did not think it was going anywhere or one day, you just stopped answering his texts or phone calls? I would be upset too, if everything is going well and suddenly communication just stops, I don't care what the situation is, it is important to communicate things to the other person clearly, IMO!

I told him that we should just be friends & I needed more time on my own to study, etc.
I just don't do well once it comes time to part ways. I've always avoided confrontations & hate drama

Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I told him that we should just be friends & I needed more time on my own to study, etc.
I just don't do well once it comes time to part ways. I've always avoided confrontations & hate drama
Ok, that is not bad at all, I think any mature guy would have understood and moved on. I just dislike when people suddenly stop answering texts or phone calls and don't even care to tell you why things suddenly changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships