Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 AM

78,864 posts, read 61,050,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
I texted her, and she said she needs space and it has nothing to do with not wanting to see me anymore.

ugh, I feel so stupid. I will CERTAINLY not contact her ever again. I will wait for her to do so.
Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

What have you learned from this dating experiece?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 08:52 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,631,946 times
Quote:
I texted her, and she said she needs space and it has nothing to do with not wanting to see me anymore.

ugh, I feel so stupid. I will CERTAINLY not contact her ever again. I will wait for her to do so.

I quess you're feeling rejected.
Shes going to move a relationship along at her speed or shes letting you down gently and would rather stay in the friends zone. Time will tell soon enough. Let it go.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,004,006 times
Quote:
-30 years old

-Met on OKC

-Date last Tuesday

-Made second date for last Wed

-She couldn't make it, texted me apologizing, moved 2nd date to Thurs

-SHE kissed ME on 2nd date

-Everything in these two dates was great: laughs, chemistry, were both incredible; talked about having a joint bday party in December etc; made plans for Monday (this week)

-Texted her Monday about getting together

-All of a sudden she goes cold, "Cant meet today, have a meeting"

-Haven't heard from her since then (which was Monday); although we are still friends on FB, and she liked my status yesterday, so she hasn't COMPLETELY cut off contact

What the hell? I'm close to giving up on dating completely.

I think either she is mad that you made HER kiss you or you are a bad kisser. The kissing is your job Bro. You make that move. Since you made it sound like she had to do that is not a good thing.

Something tells me she is just not feeling the vibe you are feeling.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,631,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think either she is mad that you made HER kiss you or you are a bad kisser. The kissing is your job Bro. You make that move. Since you made it sound like she had to do that is not a good thing.

Something tells me she is just not feeling the vibe you are feeling.

It may not matter who made the first move. Women want to feel a spark of some kind and perhaps it simply wasn't there.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM

471 posts, read 482,501 times
I am just going to wait.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:05 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,342,804 times
Who makes plans to have a joint birthday party on the 2nd date? Did you suggest this? If so, wrong move if you didn't want to appear clingy.

It's unfair for you to call her "cold" just because she wasn't at your disposal 24/7. Realize most people don't live their life around someone they've only met twice.

Sounds like you had alot of expecations for such a brief encounter and set yourself up to fail. If you really like her, give her space but don't stop living your life and seeking out other potential dates.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 AM

471 posts, read 482,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Sounds like you had alot of expecations for such a brief encounter and set yourself up to fail. If you really like her, give her space but don't stop living your life and seeking out other potential dates.
That's what I'm hoping to do.

If I give her space, is there a chance I can salvage this?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 AM

78,864 posts, read 61,050,203 times
Quote:

Who cares, move on. If she texts you sometime in the future then you can make a decision at that time.

For now, it's over and you need to be.....

Quote:
And I'm done, done and I'm on to the next one
FOO FIGHTERS LYRICS - All My Life

If someone isn't into you and you've had 2 dates or whatever....waiting around is pretty unattractive.

We may have to take your man card away at this rate.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,342,804 times
Quote:

Sure, but remember it's not in a shambles, it's dating 101. Over eagerness is a turn-off for most, so learn to relax and take things at a slower pace......you'll live longer!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,042,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
So you haven't heard from her in three days and you think she's "gone cold" ?

My God, when will people ever learn.

To put it as simply as I can.

STOP TEXTING HER !
STOP TAKING FACEBOOK AS A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE !!

CALL HER IF YOU'RE WORRIED !

YOU CANNOT READ SOMEBODY'S INTENTIONS THROUGH SOME WORDS ON A SCREEN, AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY USING SUCH METHODS !

I mean, dude, you've only met her twice, you don't own her or anything.

There are no rules to dating, no matter what anyone may tell you. If you dig each other, it'll happen. If you don't, it won't.
If you try to apply "rules" to a dating situation, then you run the risk of it blowing up in your face.

Hell, I've had relationships when we'd not see each other for a month in the early days, and would only talk once a week or so. Things get more intense as love blossoms.

I think you need to relax a bit.
I have nothing to add here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships