Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM

471 posts, read 482,183 times

Advertisements

-30 years old

-Met on OKC

-Date last Tuesday

-Made second date for last Wed

-She couldn't make it, texted me apologizing, moved 2nd date to Thurs

-SHE kissed ME on 2nd date

-Everything in these two dates was great: laughs, chemistry, were both incredible; talked about having a joint bday party in December etc; made plans for Monday (this week)

-Texted her Monday about getting together

-All of a sudden she goes cold, "Cant meet today, have a meeting"

-Haven't heard from her since then (which was Monday); although we are still friends on FB, and she liked my status yesterday, so she hasn't COMPLETELY cut off contact

What the hell? I'm close to giving up on dating completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 12:06 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,290,899 times
Why not think that she has been busy lately? She can't be calling you every single minute to tell you what she's doing. Hey, that "like" she left you on Facebook might be a good sign that she is not mad at you, upset, or whatever. There are some people who don't see it necessary to be in communication 24/7.

Now, it would be nice of her to maybe tell you she can't make it because of her meeting but how about X day of the week or something.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Why not think that she has been busy lately? She can't be calling you every single minute to tell you what she's doing. Hey, that "like" she left you on Facebook might be a good sign that she is not mad at you, upset, or whatever. There are some people who don't see it necessary to be in communication 24/7.
I hope this is the case. We had just been texting a lot the week we met.

When can I text her again?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM

19,758 posts, read 20,326,642 times
Dates should be made for the weekend.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:14 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,290,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Dates should be made for the weekend.
That's right. It's easier to arrange a date on the weekend. Why not try that Hawk50?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:16 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,938,572 times
So you haven't heard from her in three days and you think she's "gone cold" ?

My God, when will people ever learn.

To put it as simply as I can.

STOP TEXTING HER !
STOP TAKING FACEBOOK AS A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE !!

CALL HER IF YOU'RE WORRIED !

YOU CANNOT READ SOMEBODY'S INTENTIONS THROUGH SOME WORDS ON A SCREEN, AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY USING SUCH METHODS !

I mean, dude, you've only met her twice, you don't own her or anything.

There are no rules to dating, no matter what anyone may tell you. If you dig each other, it'll happen. If you don't, it won't.
If you try to apply "rules" to a dating situation, then you run the risk of it blowing up in your face.

Hell, I've had relationships when we'd not see each other for a month in the early days, and would only talk once a week or so. Things get more intense as love blossoms.

I think you need to relax a bit.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
That's right. It's easier to arrange a date on the weekend. Why not try that Hawk50?

Regardless of when I make the date, I'm still wondering a) why she is being cold b) when I can text her again without appearing clingy

Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
-30 years old

-Met on OKC

-Date last Tuesday

-Made second date for last Wed

-She couldn't make it, texted me apologizing, moved 2nd date to Thurs

-SHE kissed ME on 2nd date

-Everything in these two dates was great: laughs, chemistry, were both incredible; talked about having a joint bday party in December etc; made plans for Monday (this week)

-Texted her Monday about getting together

-All of a sudden she goes cold, "Cant meet today, have a meeting"

-Haven't heard from her since then (which was Monday); although we are still friends on FB, and she liked my status yesterday, so she hasn't COMPLETELY cut off contact

What the hell? I'm close to giving up on dating completely.

It could be a few different things. She might really be busy. She might be thinking that your both moving too fast, or three she might have had a change of heart all of the sudden and doesn't know how to tell you. Then again, she might have met someone else...In the end some women can be very cold. So if everything except her being busy is the issue, it's best that you forget about her or atleast slow it down alot. If she has just been busy, don't write her off just yet. Give it a little more feeling out to see if she continues to be cold and aloof. If she does, that is most likely who she is..Sometimes people act nice at first leaving us with the impression that they are that way in general...People put on a great act of who they want you to perceive them to be. But the true them does reveal itself. Perhaps, the true her is revealing herself..And she is just a cold person.

On the other hand, perhaps you are rushing things a bit too fast. She wasn't sure if she'd lose you by not agreeing to all of those so soon agreed upon demands and agreed to them, only to now feel a little rushed and pressured. I would say, don't overreact. Try to slow things down. After all, it's only been a few dates. Basically back off a bit, and see what happens then..Sometimes moving too fast will scare anyone away, even someone who initially was interested..

Good luck..

Smp

Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
So you haven't heard from her in three days and you think she's "gone cold" ?

My God, when will people ever learn.

To put it as simply as I can.

STOP TEXTING HER !
STOP TAKING FACEBOOK AS A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE !!

CALL HER IF YOU'RE WORRIED !

YOU CANNOT READ SOMEBODY'S INTENTIONS THROUGH SOME WORDS ON A SCREEN, AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY USING SUCH METHODS !

I mean, dude, you've only met her twice, you don't own her or anything.

There are no rules to dating, no matter what anyone may tell you. If you dig each other, it'll happen. If you don't, it won't.
If you try to apply "rules" to a dating situation, then you run the risk of it blowing up in your face.

Hell, I've had relationships when we'd not see each other for a month in the early days, and would only talk once a week or so. Things get more intense as love blossoms.

I think you need to relax a bit.
I apprecaite this, thank you.

We were texting almost every day until now, which is why I found it strange.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM

78,664 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
I hope this is the case. We had just been texting a lot the week we met.

When can I text her again?
You don't. She is likely swamped at work and the ball is in her court.

You need to chill out about this. Imagine if she is under huge pressure at work and they are laying people off and she might lose her job or something?

Being confident enough to let her go if she isn't into that you and in the meantime having your own life and other options is the key IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships