Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

Lets say you are interested in a guy and attracted to him, he is early 30's you are early 20's.
You have talked to him a few times and you (the girl) are sexually inexperienced, but not for religious reasons, mainly due to shyness.

How would you react, or how do you think most young women in this situation would react if......... the next time you talked he came straight off the fence and said something like "I'm keen for a casual FWB situation if you are?".

No smart arse comments. I'm interested in a serious discussion.

Last edited by dave nz; 12-05-2011 at 04:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 AM

90 posts, read 294,201 times
Hmmm, having been an early 20s inexperienced-due-to-shyness girl myself in the past, I probably wouldn't have taken it too well. I wouldn't have flipped out at the guy, but I wouldn't have gone for it. In my case, sexually-inexperienced-due-to-shyness wouldn't have translated well to a casual FWB relationship. I feel in those relationships you usually need a certain degree of sexual experience to be able to take it casually enough. Others may think differently.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:44 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,233,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoutloud View Post
Hmmm, having been an early 20s inexperienced-due-to-shyness girl myself in the past, I probably wouldn't have taken it too well. I wouldn't have flipped out at the guy, but I wouldn't have gone for it. In my case, sexually-inexperienced-due-to-shyness wouldn't have translated well to a casual FWB relationship. I feel in those relationships you usually need a certain degree of sexual experience to be able to take it casually enough. Others may think differently.
I agree with this. Now that I'm older and realize the uselessness of relationships, I could probably go for such a situation. When I was that age, however, it wouldn't work.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,660 times
I'm 25, and moderately experienced in sex. I would be completely turned off by that comment if I am looking for a serious and meaningful relationship, I would smile politely and say it's not what I'm looking for nor what I'm used to and wish that person good luck.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:17 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,660 times
If you have doubts about if the girl even knows what "FWB" means (it even took me an extra 3 seconds to decipher, but hey I'm slow :P), she is more likely not ready for it...

Old 12-05-2011, 07:19 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Probably not....

Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
If the guy I'm interested in only wants to have a "casual FWB situation" with me, then I wouldn't be interested in him anymore.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Lets say you are interested in a guy and attracted to him, he is early 30's you are early 20's.
You have talked to him a few times and you (the girl) are sexually inexperienced, but not for religious reasons, mainly due to shyness.

How would you react, or how do you think most young women in this situation would react if......... the next time you talked he came straight off the fence and said something like "I'm keen for a casual FWB situation if you are?".

With a woman you will have to suttley segway into it and then convince her without convincing it so it almost comes off as her suggestion.

I find this to be true with most things with a woman, lol. As long as she feels like she has the decision making power, but you give alittle nudge, things go easier!!

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I'm 25, and moderately experienced in sex. I would be completely turned off by that comment if I am looking for a serious and meaningful relationship, I would smile politely and say it's not what I'm looking for nor what I'm used to and wish that person good luck.

Here would be your typical response.

HOWEVER... After the initial shock and awkwardness I think she would be thinking about you. If she found you even a bit attractive she would mull over the thought.

Later, she may even discuss this whole thing with a friend or two. "Can you believe this guy told me that he would be interested in a FWB relationship with me? OMG?"

Then there would be a discussion like, "Was he cute?"

A few weeks later she is out with her friends getting all drunk and she is dared to call this guy up. She is into it cause it has been a long time.

Bingo... two weeks I would guess even after the initial no.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
He-he, you were hoping for different responses from the younger crowd, weren't you?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships