Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,790 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to help out a friend with her profile on a dating website.
She is 67 and a widow.
I don't have a lot of experience with online dating, but I figure for a start anything related to politics should come out? Any thoughts?

I mentioned the 'wealth' thing, but she said that a lot of men seem to avoid widows because they think they need looking after. Any thoughts?

Any helpful comments would be much appreciated - especially from older men or older daters with some experience!

Thanks guys!

-------------------------------

I am an independent, retired woman fortunate enough to have enough "health and wealth" to enjoy my life to its fullest.* I would love to share some of* the experiences that make life worth living - including a great relationship!* Here's something really personal about me that I'll share with you:* I think I was actually traumatized by Federer's last loss to Nadal, and his tears brought on mine!* On the other hand, I am so very glad that we found Obama just when we needed him most!!* Do you think we could enjoy a schmooze about, oh, all kinds of things - from you, to "cabbages and kings?"* It's always exciting and fun to meet new people.** So, now it's your turn. To quote Chris Matthews, "tell me something I don't know" about yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Pretty weird... and likely to attract gigolos...

Old 12-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Lol, thanks. I'm trying to edit it a bit, but I would probably attract gigolos too!
Any ideas on improvements?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,181 times
I like the fact that she is trying to come across as an independent and fun woman, but the information is all over the place and too vague.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

I have no experience whatsoever with online dating profiles but maybe she should include things she likes to do, hobbies for example. I wouldn't mention money at all, too tacky in my opinion. And politics on an online profile just doesn't seem right either but I guess if you're a raving democrat you wouldn't want to date a rabid Republican.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:53 PM

The Obama and Federer losing to Nadal anecdotes should be reserved for when they actually talk on the phone or meet in person.

As for her online profile, she could talk about her top two hobbies, describes a typical day in her life (that shows how fun and caring she is), her goals and aspirations in life, places she still likes to visit. Anything that people can relate. Don't care too much about being funny.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Ok, I've changed a little - is this any better? Or not?

I am an independent, retired woman enjoying my life to its fullest! I*would love to share some of* the experiences that make life worth living - including a great relationship.
I am passionate about tennis and* here's something really personal about me that I'll share with you:* I think I was actually traumatized by Federer's last loss to Nadal, and his tears brought on mine!*
I enjoy a wide range of activites from strolling the city to the theatre. Black tie events to casual brunch at the pool or a picnic on the beach.
It's always exciting and fun to meet new people so I would love to hear from you and perhaps meet for dinner or a drink

Old 12-07-2011, 02:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Yes, a big improvement.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
That's way, way better. You are such a good friend to help her out.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 PM

Quick edit.

I am an independent, retired woman who tears up over tennis matches (ask me about Federer vs. Nadal ). I'm a regular at the theater, and I believe that nothing beats strolling the city after a nice meal. I'm always up for an adventure, be it a black tie event, or casual get together at the pool, or a picnic on the beach. I enjoy everything life has to offer, I'd enjoy it even more with the company of a great man who is equally passionate about life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships