Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
yog yog started this thread

15 posts, read 36,055 times

Advertisements

You are a very wise group. It seems that the most logical fix is surgery to remove a few inches from my calves. I'll keep updated.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:03 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,054 times
Default For me...

height is only one factor. Yes, it is nice to see a tall man fit, and handsome, but if he is uneducated and obnoxious that does not cut it.

My preference is a man 5'11 to 6'2, like I said height is not enough, unless the other factors are in.....I want him tall, clean-cut, educated, trim, no bulky muscles, with nice facial features, unselfish, educated, considerate, a nice set of hair would be nice.

No tattoos, I could tolerate a little one somewhere, and please.....no shaved heads, or lots of facial hair. Men with shaved heads and tattoos, look like they just came out of a penitentiary. Yes, a dark-cropped beard, well-trimmed is very nice in some men. But, not all men can carry it.

And lastly, nothing turns me on more than a classy, gentlemanly man........he does not have to have money....!!!!

Nothing turns me on more than a classy man....

Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM

115 posts, read 355,237 times
Really, women swarm over tall guys? Usually its the average height ones they seem to like -- just look at a young Marlon Brando, George Clooney, Antonio Banderas, James Dean basically any "heartthrob" I can think of has been under 6'.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
I really do not like tall men. I am 5'8" and prefer guys that are around my same height (no taller than 5'10"ish). For some reason it just "feels" and "fits" better.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yog View Post
You are a very wise group. It seems that the most logical fix is surgery to remove a few inches from my calves. I'll keep updated.
No offense but I am inclined to believe that the problem isn't your height but your attitude and confidence level.

Yes, tall is an attractive trait to some but that does not mean that all tall men are "attractive".

Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,014,419 times
Funny thing, at first when I read "If women love tall men, why aren't we all drowning..." from the general forums, I thought the title of the thread was going to be "If women love tall men, why aren't we all drowning in tall men?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,028 times
Height is only one factor of physical attractiveness. Someone that's 5'9"-5'10" with a symmetrical face and high cheekbones will do better than someone that's 6'0" with not quite as symmetrical of a face.

I'm 6'2" and that's only one factor. If I was a few inches shorter, I'd still do fine.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,380 times
All women don't necessarily want tall guys but they want guys who are taller than they are. <-- This is a deal breaker. Five to eight inches taller seems to be the most favored height. She can wear heels and not feel subconscious about how she and he look together.

If a guy is 5'4" and wants to date a 5'7" hot woman, he better have $100 million in the bank. It doesn't matter how handsome his face is or how great his personality is, he won't have a chance in hell. He would have to stick to 4'11" women

Old 12-09-2011, 01:38 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
You've been given some pretty solid points in this thread, OP.

Women DO prefer taller guys.

Given a choice between a 5'10" guy who's good looking, articulate, reasonably successful, compassionate, polite and outgoing, and a 6'4" guy who exhibits all the same qualities, women will choose the taller guy (as I said: "Given a choice").

However, between a 5'10" guy who's all that and a 6'4" guy who's barely any of that, they'll take 5'10" and just WISH he was taller.
If the girls is like 5'2" I think it's odd that she'd want a 6'4" guy - I think it's relative, too, many girls don't care too much as long as the guy is taller than her (that may include heels) and a sizeable group (probably a minority) aren't too fussed if he's shorter. I think women are just hard-wired to pick the alpha male, even if they are tiny. To them the height difference isn't a big deal.

Personally If I were a 6'5" guy I'd prefer a girl at least 5'8". Yes, the small girl might have taller kids but I wouldn't want the average being brought down. There's also the possibility of a difficult birth. I can blame having my too big-headed parents for my, er, birthing problems .

Old 12-09-2011, 01:50 AM

348 posts, read 549,807 times
As has been said, being tall is good for a guy, but it's just one factor. Is being tall a plus? Yes. Rich? Yes. But so is having an attractive face, being physically fit, assertive, confident, having a sense of humor, etcetera.

I'm 5'9, but I've had success in dating. There was one girl who I went on a date with, which went well, who flat out said she just needed a guy taller than her (she's 5'11). I actually appreciated her honesty...and went out with her roommate

Again, it's a preference. I prefer women who are shorter than me. My most recent gf is my height, in heels she towers over me. I'm sure if you asked her before we met 'tall' would be on her list.

But if there is one rule in dating regarding preferences...all of em are thrown out the window when you meet someone you just flat out connect with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships