Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
agree!
It's sexy!

Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,816,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yog View Post
Lately I've been reading up on American men's height. Only 5% of us are 6'2" or more. (I'm 6'5" myself) Why are most tall men I know single or have had very few gf's in thier lives? It just doesn't make sense. What's the story ladies?
It's a bell curve... over 6'2 or so has the same effect as being short, probably even worse! You can't control your height so why even bother about it...

Old 12-09-2011, 06:30 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,816,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Male height is the #1 physical turn on/dealbreaker in the datign world
I doubt it. whose research is this? Why are so many women I know going crazy after Tom Cruise? The guy is just 5'7? Obviously female attraction is a lot more complicated than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
If a guy is 5'4" and wants to date a 5'7" hot woman, he better have $100 million in the bank.
Hmm...if I were 5'4 and had $100 million in the bank I don't think I would really need to be begging hot women who are 5'7 for a date...there would be a line of the hottest women in the world outside my home I pretty much guarantee this

Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,568,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
All women don't necessarily want tall guys but they want guys who are taller than they are. <-- This is a deal breaker. Five to eight inches taller seems to be the most favored height. She can wear heels and not feel subconscious about how she and he look together.

If a guy is 5'4" and wants to date a 5'7" hot woman, he better have $100 million in the bank. It doesn't matter how handsome his face is or how great his personality is, he won't have a chance in hell. He would have to stick to 4'11" women
Sorry but its not necessarily a deal breaker for a guy to be shorter/same height (ok, for some women yea maybe)

But trust me....nothing beats a guy with a Napoleon Complex who is aiming to "please"...trust me these women are missing out.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,155,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
It's a bell curve... over 6'2 or so has the same effect as being short, probably even worse! You can't control your height so why even bother about it...
I see tons of guys around 6'2" here. Over 6'4" you tend to stick out though. Being 7 feet or something might also slash your potential dating pool as well.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:21 AM

973 posts, read 1,707,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I see tons of guys around 6'2" here. Over 6'4" you tend to stick out though. Being 7 feet or something might also slash your potential dating pool as well.
Very true as both my boys are tall: 6'3" and 6'5",. but because of this, they both met their wives the same way (and at the same place which is even weirder besides the fact they are both 5 years younger then them!). BUT at this local "dive" they both were heads taller than most of the clientelle and as they looked about, caught the eyes of one beautiful blonde and another beautiful red-head who were also heads taller than the average female there, standing at 6' and 5'11"! And let's just say, the women were thrilled to see someone of the opposite sex who was taller than then they were and in their heads, knew they could once again wear heels when going out!

So... back to the OP, I think height does have its advantange; but you need more than this once the height is noticed... so do you????

Old 12-10-2011, 10:14 AM

84 posts, read 153,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
Very true as both my boys are tall: 6'3" and 6'5",. but because of this, they both met their wives the same way (and at the same place which is even weirder besides the fact they are both 5 years younger then them!). BUT at this local "dive" they both were heads taller than most of the clientelle and as they looked about, caught the eyes of one beautiful blonde and another beautiful red-head who were also heads taller than the average female there, standing at 6' and 5'11"! And let's just say, the women were thrilled to see someone of the opposite sex who was taller than then they were and in their heads, knew they could once again wear heels when going out!

So... back to the OP, I think height does have its advantange; but you need more than this once the height is noticed... so do you????
Wow that's quite a coincidence, what sort of a "dive" was that, is that a local club for tall singles or something, I have seen similar ones online but not sure if they exist in the real world.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:47 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yog View Post
Lately I've been reading up on American men's height. Only 5% of us are 6'2" or more. (I'm 6'5" myself) Why are most tall men I know single or have had very few gf's in thier lives? It just doesn't make sense. What's the story ladies?
This is one of those myths. Women want a man who is as tall or a little taller than when they wear high heels. Guys who are 6'1" will satisfy this "need" in 99% of all women. Any taller and your prospects decline with every inch. You better be a bean pole too. At 6'7" and 160 pounds, you might be able to find someone.

Some tall men will find a very short woman who wants "average" kids.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 AM

973 posts, read 1,707,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg999 View Post
Wow that's quite a coincidence, what sort of a "dive" was that, is that a local club for tall singles or something, I have seen similar ones online but not sure if they exist in the real world.
Yes, it was quite a coincidence but the place wasn't for tall folks...however, that is an idea!!!!

Old 12-10-2011, 12:31 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
This is one of those myths. Women want a man who is as tall or a little taller than when they wear high heels. Guys who are 6'1" will satisfy this "need" in 99% of all women. Any taller and your prospects decline with every inch. You better be a bean pole too. At 6'7" and 160 pounds, you might be able to find someone.

Some tall men will find a very short woman who wants "average" kids.

6'0"-6'2" is the perfect height range. Anything over 6'2", your height intimidates women, not to mention it's a pain to find clothes(especially pants).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships