Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How physically attracted are you to your partner?
I am (or need to be) very physically attracted to my partner. 54 67.50%
I am (or need to be) moderately physically attracted to my partner. 14 17.50%
I am (or need to be) slightly physically attracted to my partner. 5 6.25%
I am not (or don't need to be) physically attracted to my partner. 3 3.75%
Other- please explain 4 5.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how physically/sexually attracted people are to their significant other. If you don't currently have a significant other, you can vote or state how much you feel you need to be physically attracted to a partner for you to be satisfied in the relationship. When I say "physically attracted", I mean how much do you desire this person on a carnal level and want to be physically intimate with them. If you answer that you're not very physically attracted to your SO, have you always felt that way or did your feelings change over time?

I am asking this question because I've heard that a strong sexual attraction to your mate is not that important when it comes to sustaining a long-term relationship. Therefore, I'm trying not to focus so much on the physical when evaluating potential partners, but I just have a hard time getting excited about a guy who I don't really have a desire to make out with. He could technically be aesthetically pleasing, but if I don't look at him and truly desire him on a sexual level (even after getting to know him) then I'm not sure that I should pursue anything with him. Is a strong sexual desire for your partner really not that important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 07:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
physical attraction is very important...it does NOT mean that the person is a model or something, but it means that you have to be attracted to them.

Last edited by darrensmooth; 12-14-2011 at 07:38 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 07:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Gotta wanna see him naked!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM

418 posts, read 784,434 times
I have a woman friend that I've known for a number of
years who recently took up with someone she had a
relationship with 30-years ago.

Apparently the guy has gained a significant amount of
weight to be considered obese but she tells me she can
deal with that.

I'm scratching my head wondering exactly what she
means by "deal with that"... because it is him who has
to deal with the weight on a daily basis not her.

I suppose in her eyes that will not be an impediment
to starting the relationship up again after 30-years.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
I'm very attracted to my partner

His great personality just increases the physical attraction!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,960 times
Very attracted. I've always been.

Not only is he pretty much my type physically, but (like Cindy_Jole has said) the way he carries himself increases my desire.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
Quote:
I've heard that a strong sexual attraction to your mate is not that important when it comes to sustaining a long-term relationship

Well, sexual attraction changes over time in a long-term relationship. That "butterflies in your stomach" feeling of new lust/love does fade. I don't know any couple who can sustain that, but those giddy feelings are replaced by deeper emotions.

I'm actually more attracted to my husband now (both of us in our 40's), that I was when we met at 15. The sex is much better too. A huge component in maintaining sexual attraction is that neither partner should get fat, unless their spouse is turned on by larger people. Both should remain fit, active and keep themselves up. My husband weighs the same now as he did at 16... 164 pounds. I would not be pleased if he was 200 pounds and my sexual attraction would diminish drastically. That is not shallow, it's just a reality. People should remember that love in unconditional but attraction is not.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
bajungas.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM

64 posts, read 85,508 times
love her, not only do we click but she is my type

latin, dark features, beautiful skin =D

Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post

Well, sexual attraction changes over time in a long-term relationship. That "butterflies in your stomach" feeling of new lust/love does fade. I don't know any couple who can sustain that, but those giddy feelings are replaced by deeper emotions.

I'm actually more attracted to my husband now (both of us in our 40's), that I was when we met at 15. The sex is much better too. A huge component in maintaining sexual attraction is that neither partner should get fat, unless their spouse is turned on by larger people. Both should remain fit, active and keep themselves up. My husband weighs the same now as he did at 16... 164 pounds. I would not be pleased if he was 200 pounds and my sexual attraction would diminish drastically. That is not shallow, it's just a reality. People should remember that love in unconditional but attraction is not.
what is he 5'7?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships