Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 AM

337 posts, read 664,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The fact that you two would even consider bringing yet another child into the mix, when you aren't committed to the 3 stepkids you already have and are thinking of leaving and divorcing, shows a lot of denial and selfishness and general cluelessness.

Deal with what is on your plate now and insist that your wife work things out with each babydaddy to find good solutions. What does each babydaddy want? Custody? Visitation? Nothing? It doesn't have to go through the court system, you know.
So Ur saying a woman that has kids should never remarry or ever hope for a better life? And if a man that marries this woman should never want kids of his own???? I'm perplexed at the dbl standards

Old 12-26-2011, 10:33 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,982,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
So Ur saying a woman that has kids should never remarry or ever hope for a better life? And if a man that marries this woman should never want kids of his own???? I'm perplexed at the dbl standards
What's being said is you are digging through trash to find lunch when there are plenty of resturants all around you.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:39 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times
That situation sucks but of course you should not leave her.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:49 AM

337 posts, read 664,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
What's being said is you are digging through trash to find lunch when there are plenty of resturants all around you.
It's amazing the boldness people have online, u just called my wife trash, all on Ur perception and view of dbl standards. I never asked what anyone felt or thought about MY WIFES! Choices in life

Old 12-26-2011, 11:53 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,002,436 times
Quote:
I never asked what anyone felt or thought about MY WIFES! Choices in life
YOUR having trouble dealing with the reprocutions of your wifes choices... why wouldn't others?

Old 12-26-2011, 11:55 AM

220 posts, read 378,438 times
Quote:
It's amazing the boldness people have online, u just called my wife trash, all on Ur perception and view of dbl standards. I never asked what anyone felt or thought about MY WIFES! Choices in life
I know you weren't directing the comment at me, however...

When you started this thread, you by default brought your wife's choices into the discussion. She has 3 different children by 3 different men, and is now married to a different man entirely.

I'm not saying you don't love her, or that she doesn't love you. And I'm not saying she's a horrible person. However, it's obvious that she has made some bad choices that have led to some difficult consequences.

So the bottom line is this: Do you want to stay married to this lady?

Old 12-26-2011, 11:55 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,519,769 times
I am sure that many of us, myself included, havegotten into relationships that were a mistake. You can live with that mistake as it gets worse or you can cut your losses. For my own part, I am telling you what you need to hear to make the tough choice, acknowledge your mistake and take your medicine. Life does not have to be this hard. she chose the path that you are now struggling with. you did not. Its like you got into a car with a drunk driver. You should not have gotten in the first place, but you do not have to drive to Timbuktu with her. Get out now while you can.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Exactly how long did you know this woman before you married her? And you are considering leaving with her while at the same time you are trying to have another baby with her? You need to get your head screwed on straight.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Exactly how long did you know this woman before you married her? And you are considering leaving with her while at the same time you are trying to have another baby with her? You need to get your head screwed on straight.
I think he likes her a lot, but he doesn't like all the drama but those two things come together and he's having trouble blending those things.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think he likes her a lot, but he doesn't like all the drama but those two things come together and he's having trouble blending those things.
Those are things to consider before you marry someone, though, not after. When you marry someone - you are saying that you are willing to deal with the other person's drama together. These are things to figure out before you marry someone. Liking someone a lot isn't enough to sustain a marriage - especially when you have children involved. I wonder how old he his, how old she is, and how long they knew each other before they decided that they were ready to get married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships