Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 03:27 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend (actually the relationship has devolved to where she has become my roommate/verbal abuser) made the comment "You are so wimpy sometimes I think you are gay". I didn't get too angry because i know how false this statement is. But it got me thinking that it is a widely held yet highly unfair stereotype.

I am a wimpy (physically, not so much personality) man who has always been attracted to women and have never had any attraction towards men. I guess some women would like the world to be organized that way where masculine men were all straight and us wimps were gay..but it just doesn't work that way. Plenty of hypermasculine bodybuilding types are in fact gay and many (probably the vast majority) of us wimps are hetrosexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 03:30 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
I am the complete opposite of wimpy physically. If it bothers you, you can always change it.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I am the complete opposite of wimpy physically. If it bothers you, you can always change it.
No it doesn't bother me at all. I wouldn't change myself to please others,

Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Do you run from the room screaming like a little girl when you see a mouse or something?

Old 12-26-2011, 04:01 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Fair enough. But wimpy males always crack me up. Being strong, fit and tough physically has many advantages, no idea why anyone wouldn't want to be.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you run from the room screaming like a little girl when you see a mouse or something?
Yes, sometimes I do have that reaction, insects as well. I'm not into creepy crawlies sharing my living space. I make sure the house is sprayed to avoid that situation as much as possible.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Yes, sometimes I do have that reaction, insects as well. I'm not into creepy crawlies sharing my living space. I make sure the house is sprayed to avoid that situation as much as possible.
I can see why your gf said it, then. Although I get the feeling she's not an understanding type of person. Would she do the same? Met three Polish guys when travelling, two were air stewards/flight attendants (I know, right?). One didn't look gay at all, tall and athletic, but the way he spoke sounded kind of gay. Anyone we were sharing this sleeping cabin on a train and this small cockroach crawled on the wall. He screamed continuously for a couple of minutes and literally hid under the covers. Pretty amusing but cute, I have to say. They were a pretty fun bunch of dudes, though, but then again I'm sure a lot of gay men are just as 'brave' as straight men or under the same pressure not to appear like a wuss.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
lol.

OP - unless that comment was made in the heat of the moment, the lady clearly doesnt respect you. Its time to start looking for her replacement.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:32 AM

332 posts, read 529,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
What if a huge python was slithering around your living room? It needs a living space too and repellant won't work either.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:35 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
How about this? Say to her, "Tell you what. I'm about to do something really non-wimpy." And then put her clothes and stuff outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships