Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm not sure what I would tell myself.

Honestly, if I had changed any of my behaviors back then, I wouldn't be the person I am now.
I like who I am as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Nope, I think I did everything right in the macro-cosmos

If I had to fix anything, I could have started body building right at 15 or something.

I could have advised my Dad not to be so patriotic and throw away our French passports and citizenship, which means I could go to France at any time I damn well pleased and even invest in France.

I could have been less rebellious with Dad and not given him such a heartache, now that he is dead.

I could also have learned some maturity, so the babes won't call me immature now LMAO. How does a man learn maturity? Is there a maturity for dummies handbook on Amazon? Where do I start?
Idk if you should change; I've been told I think like a 20 year old. Why should you try to reach someone else's definition of "maturity"? I refuse to grow up Life is too short to be taken so seriously.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm happy to say that I don't have many regrets, at least at this point in my life. The one thing that I would "tell" myself if I could go back in time is to be a little more bolder, don't take the safe route as much, take a few calculated risks.... don't be so afraid of failure. Failure really isn't that big of a deal... it actually means you tried to do something... as opposed to standing by and doing nothing.

Excellent point- I've heard we learn more from our failures than our successes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 09:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Idk if you should change; I've been told I think like a 20 year old. Why should you try to reach someone else's definition of "maturity"? I refuse to grow up Life is too short to be taken so seriously.....
Everybody tells me to grow up

Life sucks.

So there is no maturity handbook? Am I screwed forever?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Everybody tells me to grow up

Life sucks.

So there is no maturity handbook? Am I screwed forever?
If you're screwed then so am I, lol
Why should you change who you are- you're one of the cooler people in this forum. If you're having issues with women telling you to grow up, maybe it's them, not you Or you're in the wrong area...

Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Nothing.

I like the excitement of not knowing the future and letting life unfold right before me.

I supposed there are a 1 or 2 things in my past that I regret or feel remorse for but I would not change them because I learned things from them and experienced things that I would not have otherwise.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM

3,924 posts, read 6,836,808 times
I would have been 3-7 years old. Soooo, dont worry, your Pokemon game will not be missed THAT much!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm happy to say that I don't have many regrets, at least at this point in my life. The one thing that I would "tell" myself if I could go back in time is to be a little more bolder, don't take the safe route as much, take a few calculated risks.... don't be so afraid of failure. Failure really isn't that big of a deal... it actually means you tried to do something... as opposed to standing by and doing nothing.

I agree with the above. I wish I would have done more wild things, had more sex (well, good sex anyway ), not been so invested in work. Here it is years later and I am no further ahead at work then those who were irresponsible and had fun.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
lol I knew people would say they'd wish they'd invested, etc.
Any love/romance words of wisdom?
Anybody learn anything from previous relationships or mistakes?
If I could go back I'd tell myself to not be so ridiculously naive & trusting; I let myself get used. Not good.....but ya' live & ya' learn
Yes, you're asking about love/romance related things.

This is probably the part of life I have the most regrets about. If I could become 18 again, I'd be far less romantic and selective. I used to think that was the moral thing to do, but being a player is more appropriate when young. I'd try women on like shoes and not 'respect' them so much.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yes, you're asking about love/romance related things.

This is probably the part of life I have the most regrets about. If I could become 18 again, I'd be far less romantic and selective. I used to think that was the moral thing to do, but being a player is more appropriate when young. I'd try women on like shoes and not 'respect' them so much.
lol are you serious, or pullin' my leg??
I was just saying to a guy the other day that he should be out having much more fun than he is, at his age. He is waiting for the "right" girl, but missing a lot of opportunities at his age. He's like 24....& a die hard romantic. At this rate he won't have any romances to talk about when he reaches his 40's.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
I just figured out my wish for yesteryear:

I would tell myself that I don't have to trust family just because they're family. If I'd known then that the people I loved (family) lied to me A LOT, I could've (hopefully) adjusted my thinking and naivete. I got screwed trusting these people and it took me some time to reconcile this notion. I would say to the hot, young self "Self, stop worrying so much and relax"...

Old 01-07-2012, 05:50 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
I would advise myself to read three specific books because the knowledge in those books could have never been taught to me by the society I lived in.

It might be considered "common sense" in other societies but it wasn't in mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships