Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM

27 posts, read 64,189 times

Advertisements

And by in love I mean that butterfly feeling you get when you see them, or light headed effect however you want to describe it.

Or did that fade over time and you are now just with them due to the negative financial effects from divorcing. Or stay with them for the kids reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 11:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no i am not. i love my SO. falling in love is a euphoric state, it means anything they do is ok absolutely. they will tire of being on that pedestal. also the chances of falling off are excellent.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:19 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Well, I have only been married to my wife for 31 years, and the kind of love I feel for her is not the superficial one felt at the beginning, but a deep and caring one.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:59 AM

519 posts, read 1,049,818 times
I've only been with my husband for 8.5 years but I still feel excited to see him.

I love him very much, stories of women losing their husbands unexpectedly terrify me.

I would be devasted if anything happened to him. I'm only happy when he is happy.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
When I was married, I was very much in love with her. Took 3 years for the love to fade.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE DUDE View Post
And by in love I mean that butterfly feeling you get when you see them, or light headed effect however you want to describe it.

Or did that fade over time and you are now just with them due to the negative financial effects from divorcing. Or stay with them for the kids reason?
I love my Husband with all of my heart.

Financial effects are not an issue. He was born into money. He lets me work and I get to keep all of my money for myself.

He likes to pay for everything even though I would prefer to pay.

No children as of yet but if we had children nothing would change except that we would love each other even more.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
I love and am "in love with" my SO (they are different). He enriches my life in ways I could never have dreamed. He doesn't complete me, I was already complete and still am; but he adds to everything I am. I still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I'm around him and, at the same time, we're comfortable enough with each other we can just sit and be with each other. We hold hands often, even while just watching tv; we have special looks which say volumes; he tolerates my singing because he says, "he hears the passion and love in my voice." It's a cross between euphoria and comfort depending on the day.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:

The way you describe love and the way I would describe it are not the same. Butterflies have nothing to do with the kind of love I have for my husband which is far deeper than mere 'butterflies'.

I am with him because I love him deeply. 9 years married and very happy!

Old 01-08-2012, 11:13 AM

499 posts, read 891,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
The way you describe love and the way I would describe it are not the same. Butterflies have nothing to do with the kind of love I have for my husband which is far deeper than mere 'butterflies'.

I am with him because I love him deeply. 9 years married and very happy!
i agree with you. even coming together with a person who loves you platonicly can make you feel butterflies.

being in love is exciting at the beginning of your relationship
but being in love is not exciting after some time, because it becomes an ordinary thing. but IT STILL IS LOVE.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:

I love my Partner deeply, we connect on a very deep emotional and physical way. We are very passionate but we never argue. Love like what we have is very rare, I feel very lucky.

After spending last weekend with my ex husband and that side of the family ( he and I manage to be friends, which truly is a miracle) I could easily see how if I would have stayed with him for our children, I would be miserable. Instead I stay friends with him for our children and I get to be happy and free, which in turn is a valuable gift for my children to witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships