Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,637 times

Advertisements

Im so tired and frustrated of being single. Im fairly young (29) have a college degree, good job, own place. Im a sweet, genuine, loyal person, have a variety of interests, excellent cook, love sports and beer and my sex drive is through the roof. Im almost always the one wanting sex in my relationships. I think my only "con" would be that I have three children from my previous relationship. But there are plenty of single fathers out there too. All my children have the same father and we have nothing between us, good or bad. I have no trouble getting initial dates, but I cannot seem to meet anyone that is genuinely interested in me and wants to pursue a relationship. Once they discover that Im not the girl that is gonna put out after two dates that's where it ends. Im not dating justany guy who asks me out, I take my time, get to know them and i will conversate with a guy for awhile before even going out on a date. So if a man is appearing to have the qualities I want and seems like he is genuinely interested in me, wtf is wrong here? I can only think that something must be wrong with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:14 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
Im so tired and frustrated of being single. Im fairly young (29) have a college degree, good job, own place. Im a sweet, genuine, loyal person, have a variety of interests, excellent cook, love sports and beer and my sex drive is through the roof. Im almost always the one wanting sex in my relationships. I think my only "con" would be that I have three children from my previous relationship. But there are plenty of single fathers out there too. All my children have the same father and we have nothing between us, good or bad. I have no trouble getting initial dates, but I cannot seem to meet anyone that is genuinely interested in me and wants to pursue a relationship. Once they discover that Im not the girl that is gonna put out after two dates that's where it ends. Im not dating justany guy who asks me out, I take my time, get to know them and i will conversate with a guy for awhile before even going out on a date. So if a man is appearing to have the qualities I want and seems like he is genuinely interested in me, wtf is wrong here? I can only think that something must be wrong with me?
On your dating profiles, do you have that you're married like you do on the one here?

That's one theory..

Old 01-09-2012, 10:19 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
You sound like a dateable lady to me
Some people are just weirdoes. It seems that a lot of men these days past the age of 25 haven't grown out of that "boy-man" phase that's supposed to be over with following college.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
Quote:
You have 3 children. This is a red flag. Even one child is a red flag. It means baggage. Your pool is very small. Plenty of single fathers but they pay child support and do not take care of the child/no custody.

Why aren't with you their father now?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
When I go fishing, if all I catch is trash fish, I change lakes.

In other words, find a new field or place to find guys. sounds to me you are datable.....
Quote:
I have no trouble getting initial dates,
this is what I mean
Quote:
but I cannot seem to meet anyone that is genuinely interested in me and wants to pursue a relationship.
So you aren't dating for fun, but are shopping for Mr Forever..................
Quote:
Once they discover that Im not the girl that is gonna put out after two dates that's where it ends.
There ya go............find someplace else to meet guys who don't expect swap a dinner for sex...........

Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
You have 3 children. This is a red flag. Even one child is a red flag. It means baggage. Your pool is very small. Plenty of single fathers but they pay child support and do not take care of the child/no custody.

Why aren't with you their father now?

^^^ This. It may not be fair, but you having 3 kids and being less than 30 is going to send guys running.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
You sound perfectly dateable to me, except for the kids. If I wasn't terrified of children it wouldn't bother me as much, though.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:33 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
^^^ This. It may not be fair, but you having 3 kids and being less than 30 is going to send guys running.
Single moms are also nowhere as picky as a single girl with no kids.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:39 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
I don't know about that, they're not only letting someone into their lives but the lives of their children. They might be even more picky, unless they are desperate for someone to help support them a 'father figure' for their children.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
Quote:
Single moms should be pickier esp if the children are young. These are a lot of men with nothing but the filthiest of intentions that love to prey on single mothers. I've seen a few single mothers lose a sense of what's important and date dirtballs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships