Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
From everything you listed above, I would think that you wouldn't have a problem meeting women without having to use an online dating site.

As for the "down side" according to you. . .

You were born "asian". After all of the positive things that are going well for you in your life professionally, financially, socially, etc and that women you know think your online profile rocks and think you are cute: you are asian.

If being asian, and somehow having that potentially affect your ability to date (and f*ck) hot women that might not be into asian guys is your biggest problem right now - then consider yourself extremely lucky. If your asian-ness might somehow limit the field from which you have to choose to date women from, you are still way ahead of the game. If being asian excludes women on the site that only want to date caucasian guys is the most pressing issue in your life right now in 2012, get on your knees if you believe in God and thank him.

You were born asian. Some people are born with birth defects, or retarded, blind, deaf, or with some kind of incurable disease that surfaces in early childhood and they never see the age of 10. There are people (including asians) born in parts of the world where they do not have access to clean water, medical care (like $20 worth of antibiotics that could save their life), and food - thats right, born into starvation. And sometimes in countries where there is no hope of that changing. You at least (and I'm still convinced this is your biggest concern or problem at this point in your dating life: is that you are asian and it limits potential female candidates in dating you) have everything else going for you despite being asian. Thank God, Budha, Allah, the sun, or whatever you seek inner strength and peace from to get you through the day that being asian, right here, right now is your biggest concern. Do that everyday for at least a year.

Seriously. There are over 7 billion people in the world and on any given day, it would be a conservative estimate to say that at least 1 billion are praying and wishing that they could be you and only have being asian limiting your dating pool be their main problem.
I don't think he was saying being Asian is a "downside" or a negative. I think he was saying that he might get less bites online because of possible sterotypes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Seriously. There are over 7 billion people in the world and on any given day, it would be a conservative estimate to say that at least 1 billion are praying and wishing that they could be you and only have being asian limiting your dating pool be their main problem.
I suppose you could apply that observation to nearly every problem we western world humans have and shame everyone who is asking for advice.

Might as well close down City-Data altogether.

I sure hope writing an advice column isn't in your future!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't think he was saying being Asian is a "downside" or a negative. I think he was saying that he might get less bites online because of possible sterotypes.
Bingo. To be quite honest, I'm very happy with where I am in life right now. If I could just get this love thing figured out, then I'll have very little to complain about. There are always those who are worse off than us, but that does not mean we should not strive to improve our lot in life.

Am I thankful? Yes absolutely. I'm thankful for all of my hard work and the fact that they are paying off. I worked two jobs in school to pay for rent and food, and racked up a boat load of student loan debt (all paid off now) because my parents would not pay for my education. I earned everything I have today, and I'm proud of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I suppose you could apply that observation to nearly every problem we western world humans have and shame everyone who is asking for advice.

Might as well close down City-Data altogether.

I sure hope writing an advice column isn't in your future!
lol, I actually laughed at this. I would give you more reputation, but the board is not letting me

Old 01-16-2012, 03:56 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Yeah, your singles map probably doesn't even have a dot on it. lol
I don't think it does. I know of some single men, and all of them aren't even looking, and if they are looking, they're chasing after the same women that however many other single men are out there. I live in a predominantly old folks town, literally more than 60% of the population here is elderly couples, so that probably helps attract married couples too.

lol a vicious cycle for the likes of me. I know there's someone out there for me, and that gives me enough hope.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 AM

Well I'll be damned. A gorgeous girl just messaged me on OKC. Seems really awesome, 92% Match, 95% Friend, 0% Enemy (according to OKC's match rating system). She is well educated - has a masters degree; agnostic - same as me. And not only does she think the fact that I have a knitted bearded ski mask is totally awesome, AND her name is Beth! I guess the 2nd thing requires a little explanation. I wrote in my profile under You should message me if: If your name is "Beth", mainly because I've always wanted to say "Sorry, no can't do. I'm under penalty of Beth!" We'll see how this goes

Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
GOOD LUCK!

But I had to read the "Beth" reference a couple of times to get it. Time to take my brain pills.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
To phoenix_down : Rats! I was just going to send you my unmarried daughter's contact info (Heck, you sound so great that I was thinking of sending you my contact information and I've been happily married for 35 years). Seriously, good luck with Beth. I hope that it works out.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
To phoenix_down : Rats! I was just going to send you my unmarried daughter's contact info (Heck, you sound so great that I was thinking of sending you my contact information and I've been happily married for 35 years). Seriously, good luck with Beth. I hope that it works out.
lol, thanks for the good luck I know you are joking, but a similar thing actually happened to me before. I was snowboarding in Vermont one time, and on one run going back up the mountain, I was sharing the 2-person chair lift with an older lady. The trip up is about 15 minutes, so we chatted during the time. She was like "I have a daughter your age who's not married. She keeps dating these men who are terrible for her. I should send you her contact info!" lol

Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM

105 posts, read 127,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
lol, thanks for the good luck I know you are joking, but a similar thing actually happened to me before. I was snowboarding in Vermont one time, and on one run going back up the mountain, I was sharing the 2-person chair lift with an older lady. The trip up is about 15 minutes, so we chatted during the time. She was like "I have a daughter your age who's not married. She keeps dating these men who are terrible for her. I should send you her contact info!" lol

How did you reply? I would have taken up the offer, as you have been pre-vetted already just by being on the slopes. The girl would fit right in your social class too.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawn1 View Post
How did you reply? I would have taken up the offer, as you have been pre-vetted already just by being on the slopes. The girl would fit right in your social class too.
I just laughed. I wasn't quite sure if she's serious or not Lost opportunity maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships