Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 AM

90 posts, read 131,579 times

Advertisements

I'd go, mostly because I'd always wonder if I didn't. If she doesn't show up, lesson learned but at least you upheld your end of the plan and you can cut bait and continue to fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 06:25 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Here's some novelty for you - call her to confirm before going! High tech stuff sometimes goes in a big black hole!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:37 AM

607 posts, read 856,368 times
Well, she has been online, and no reply, so I know she hasn't been under a rock.

Looks like I got stood up.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Well, she has been online, and no reply, so I know she hasn't been under a rock.

Looks like I got stood up.
OK. I'll spell it out for you - a text, e-mail, or any other sort of communication sometimes MAY not reach the recipient.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,448 times
I wouldnt go. But thats me. If she cant take the time to respond then its not that important to her. Id also stop contacting her until she responds.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 AM

884 posts, read 1,406,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Can you call her to confirm?
Seems with these kids these days, calling is a lost art.

I wonder if they text to each other while on an actual date.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM

607 posts, read 856,368 times
I texted her, and messaged her on plenty of fish, and she has been online to read it.

So, I'm not going. Plus, its snowing hard outside, don't wanna drive in that.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,118,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Maybe she thinks since you guys already set up the date, she wouldn't need to hurry to reconfirm? I would give her time to call/text back tomorrow.
Absolutely - she already confirmed. What's with the agree, confirm, confirm confirm nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Ok. But why would she just ignore the calls or text? She's doing the fade and that sucks. Happens alot of these dating sites with women doing the fade on men.
You guys jump to conclusions. She already agreed on the phone - why does she need to continue?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
She probably changed her mind because you "Badger" her too much. Seriously, no confirmation = no go.
She ALREADY confirmed once! Are ALL of you younguns that insecure? Do you need a daily reconfirm, hourly? Next it'll be, she didn't contact me in the last 5 minutes, so our date is off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK. I'll spell it out for you - a text, e-mail, or any other sort of communication sometimes MAY not reach the recipient.
The voice of reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Seems with these kids these days, calling is a lost art.

I wonder if they text to each other while on an actual date.
Not only is a phone CALL a lost art, they are so insecure they need hourly reconfirmation of something previously agreed to.

OP, assume the worst. She will have dodged the bullet by YOU standing her up because of your incredible insecurities. Who needs a baby to date!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Absolutely - she already confirmed. What's with the agree, confirm, confirm confirm nonsense?

You guys jump to conclusions. She already agreed on the phone - why does she need to continue?!

She ALREADY confirmed once! Are ALL of you younguns that insecure? Do you need a daily reconfirm, hourly? Next it'll be, she didn't contact me in the last 5 minutes, so our date is off!
If I make plans with a friend for a few days out, I always touch base the day of, just to make sure it's still a go, and vice versa. Things can change in 4 days.

That aside, he's contacted her by text and online and has seen her online since and no reply. That looks like a brush-off to me.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If I make plans with a friend for a few days out, I always touch base the day of, just to make sure it's still a go, and vice versa. Things can change in 4 days.
Why would YOU contact them?! I guess because you know they're flakes. I assume a normal person would let me know if something unexpected happens and I don't have time for flakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships