Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I brought up the Kobe situation in last night's date and I was extremely disappointed to hear her defend the woman. I pretended like it didn't mean much to me.

These women are crazy. I'm the kind of guy who will ALWAYS hedge my bets.

But I came to know exactly the kind of girl she was and I got the memo that she is one of those illogical women who question the so-called "sanctity" of pre-nups, and bring up all kinds of unfounded arguments in the name of true love and such.

I am asking a basic question:
"Why won't you let me protect myself if you truly love me?"
Because that is insinuating that you think that you need protecting from your future wife. I wouldn't marry anyone who I didn't trust with my life. I don't need protection from my husband and he doesn't need protection from me. Now - I'm just explaining how I feel about this. I'm not saying that one is right or wrong - this is just how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Kobe Bryants problems are caused by Kobe himself...don't waste your time feeling sorry for him!
Yeah, a woman who walked into his life with pennies walked out with 70 million.

Incredible investment strategy A true genius from a casual investment point of view, except that she is NOT.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:32 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
I don't think prenups are just for rich people. I divorced but owned a house that I had built years before we were married. It has built value over the years. But he thought he was entitled to some of the value of my house. I am not rich by any means but I do have kids that are more entitled to my separate assets then he would ever be. He even made 2 times more than me at the time he was seeking the value of my house. He was just doing it out of spite. So you better believe that I will have a pre nup regardless because I would like to protect what I leave for my kids.Also I learn from my mistakes and others!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:

Incredible investment strategy A true genius from a casual investment point of view, except that she is NOT.
Yeah - and he had his cake and ate it, too, for 10 years. Seriously - Kobe is not some stand up husband. He's a cheater. And a really bad one. If you want someone to prove your points for you - he is not your guy. Neither is Tiger. Paul McCartney at least seems more plausible. Or Kelsey Grammar. However - if you marry arm candy just because they are arm candy - you can't really be shocked if they are marrying you for your money.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:

He could have tripped on his way out of some strip club and broke his leg the first month they married. If you understood most women you would know that all the money doesn't make up for the humiliation Vannessa and Elin endured!I'm sure they wanted faithful husbands more than cash!!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:

Pregnancy is not you all's problem and now neither are your choices for whom you ask to marry. WOW! Must be nice to be a man and have zero accountability in life!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
He could have tripped on his way out of some strip club and broke his leg the first month they married. If you understood most women you would know that all the money doesn't make up for the humiliation Vannessa and Elin endured!I'm sure they wanted faithful husbands more than cash!!
Oh, then they should have married the cashier at home depot

Old 01-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - and he had his cake and ate it, too, for 10 years. Seriously - Kobe is not some stand up husband. He's a cheater. And a really bad one. If you want someone to prove your points for you - he is not your guy. Neither is Tiger. Paul McCartney at least seems more plausible. Or Kelsey Grammar. However - if you marry arm candy just because they are arm candy - you can't really be shocked if they are marrying you for your money.
Arm candy??

Kobe is a fine looking man with a perfect physique. He's the star of the marriage for Pete's sake, not her

Old 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Pregnancy is not you all's problem and now neither are your choices for whom you ask to marry. WOW! Must be nice to be a man and have zero accountability in life!
But you don't want kiddies So one problem struck out

Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Arm candy??

Kobe is a fine looking man with a perfect physique. He's the star of the marriage for Pete's sake, not her
Um - did you see him when he was 21? Anyway - so you are saying that he married her for true love, was a devoted husband, loved her for who she was even though he was the "star of their marriage" and she was just a plain little peon - and she stomped all over his heart and stole half his money? Is this what you are proposing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships