Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 04:02 PM

77 posts, read 149,483 times

Advertisements

We weren't dating, but it was something more than a friendship too. I was needy, but she was precipitating the behavior. Things ended poorly (she was mad at me), but we haven't talked (well, we randomly ran into each other on campus a couple times) since then (end of June). During those random run-ins she seemed to be interested in reconnecting. I dismissed it and moved on.

Just now she sent me a friend request on FB, so I guess she's still interested in reconnecting. Any point in doing so? Or should I just leave it hanging and dismiss it like before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
A friend request on facebook does not mean anything

But no, it doesn't sound like its worth pursuing, but if you want to, who cares? do it

Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM

77 posts, read 149,483 times
Fair enough. I figured as much.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,574,256 times
Perhaps whatever it was that ticked her off she realized it was trivial, but it is your call.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,968,469 times
Reconnect if you want but don't allow women you have or are dealing with be on your friends list. If the women on my FB page post anything personal they get booted.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,488,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP17 View Post
We weren't dating, but it was something more than a friendship too. I was needy, but she was precipitating the behavior. Things ended poorly (she was mad at me), but we haven't talked (well, we randomly ran into each other on campus a couple times) since then (end of June). During those random run-ins she seemed to be interested in reconnecting. I dismissed it and moved on.

Just now she sent me a friend request on FB, so I guess she's still interested in reconnecting. Any point in doing so? Or should I just leave it hanging and dismiss it like before?
Dismiss it. What happens on FB follows what happens in person. Why maintain a 'relationship' on FB when you don't want one personally?

[a relationship on FB is not really a relationship but you get what I'm saying]

Old 01-21-2012, 06:48 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,028,982 times
Do you want to reconnect with her? That is the real question and only you can answer it.

If you think getting back together with her is just going to lead to more fights, or that you two are not a good fit, then going back into a dating status seems silly.

If you think you like her, or even would be happy to have her as a friend, and it wouldn't create drama, then facebook friending her isn't a big deal at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships