Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 07:39 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Depends on the person. IMO, those with white father/black mother come out a bit lighter than the reverse.

Barack Obama- black father/white mother
Cory Booker- black father/white mother
Jason Taylor- black father/white mother
Halle Berry- black mother/white father
Trajan Langdon- black mother/white father
Mariah Carey- black and hispanic father/white mother
Mike Bibby- hispanic mother/black and white father
Gerald Green- black father/white mother
I don't know were you get your info, but neither of Cory Bookers parents are white. And I don't think Gerald Greens parents are either. Just because a black person is light skin doesn't mean they have a white parent.

Cory Booker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Depends on the person. IMO, those with white father/black mother come out a bit lighter than the reverse.

Barack Obama- black father/white mother
Cory Booker- black father/white mother
Jason Taylor- black father/white mother
Halle Berry- black mother/white father
Trajan Langdon- black mother/white father
Mariah Carey- black and hispanic father/white mother
Mike Bibby- hispanic mother/black and white father
Gerald Green- black father/white mother
Halle Berry's parents were the opposite: white mother, black father.

Halle Berry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not a white male, but I just want to point out that Tom Cruise's mixed "adopted" son Connor looks a lot like him even though he has darker skin, so there's always a chance that the biracial child might actually look like the white parent.
You say this like you think he might actually be Tom's biological son? What gives?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
The OP does seem young and immature. A little too obsessed with having mixed kids. She isn't dumb. She probably wanted to tell the world that she has a white BF. It is what it is.

If he is dating you long term. He probably already thought of the possibilities of having a mixed child. I will go against the thought that men would sleep with a different race of woman. But wouldn't harbor any resentment towards her race. Men do this all of the time. But the second head usually wins out initially.
Been trying to figure out the point of this thread - thanks!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:25 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
The OP does seem young and immature. A little too obsessed with having mixed kids. She isn't dumb. She probably wanted to tell the world that she has a white BF. It is what it is.

What he said.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You say this like you think he might actually be Tom's biological son? What gives?
Yes, myself and lots of other people believe that he is. Maybe Tom will publicly admit it one day, but I hope at least Connor knows the truth.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, myself and lots of other people believe that he is. Maybe Tom will publicly admit it one day, but I hope at least Connor knows the truth.
Wow! That's a new one on me, never ever heard that rumor before. Interesting.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow! That's a new one on me, never ever heard that rumor before. Interesting.
Check out this thread; it has pix of the two.

//www.city-data.com/forum/celeb...n-adopted.html

When I first saw pictures of Cruise and his son, I never knew Connor was supposedly adopted. I always thought they were biological dad and son. When I read that Tom had adopted Connor I was very surprised.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 AM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Interesting topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Usually, if a guy is open to dating other races, I'd think they are open minded about interracial children.
This is true. Any real man is only going to see love for "His" children. No ones going to step up and support your children like you can and will as a good father! Dead beats not included!

If I fell in love with a black woman it wouldn't stop me from wanting to have children with her. I may consider the options of where I lived to that of a more culturally accepting community. The communities that don't should die on the vine.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-24-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM

526 posts, read 955,425 times
I wonder if a question like this only gets asked in America. I am Dominican and we have people all skin tones you can imagine. We are all mixed. My dad is what we consider to be "white" and my mom is "black." My dad loves me regardless. In fact, people have said since I was born that I look just like him. My grandmother (my dad's mom) is even "whiter" than my dad, and she loves me to death. My brother has two sons, one of them is his skin tone (brown?) and the other one is "white" like my sister-in-law, one of them even has blue eyes. Does my brother love one of them more than the other? I am sure he does not. If any of you see my family on New Year's day (we all a whole bunch of loud Dominicans, lol), some might think that we are not related as we go from the lighest to the darkest.

I guess I am having a hard time grasping some of these "race related" threads because where I am from seeing people of different skin stones together, getting married and having kids is just part of everyday life.

To the OP, if this question is for real, common sense tells me that if a man of a different race is willing to date me seriously and/or marry me, having mixed children is not a problem. Good parents love their children regardless of what color they might be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.