Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:44 AM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me! Cute, romantic, unique and well thought out.

What are you going to do with the ring? Give it to her, or bury it in the basket of memories so she "finds" it while going through and reminiscing?

What ring?? He didn't said anything about ring.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 08:48 AM

526 posts, read 955,326 times
This is a lot of paper. What about just choosing the most important ones? I like the idea but if you have a "whole basket" I think it might bit too much. And yes, I want to know where the ring is going to be as well? LOL. And hopefully the ring you bought is the shape she likes.... We can be very particular about that.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Really depends on the girl. Does she wax rhapsodic over rainbows and puppies? Does she have two dozen stuffed animals on her bed? Does she believe in unicorns? Does she think that stars are really part of God's daisy chain? If she has stubbornly clung to these kind of infantile beliefs, then she'll probably like this over-the-top, dramatic kind of stuff.

If on the other hand, if we're talking about a woman, then I'm guessing this kind of stunt proposal would be a really bad idea. For it's kind of manipulative. It's pulling out all the stops to close the deal. It's propelled by a belief that she's on the fence and your eloquence will tilt the scales in your favor. For living, breathing, women with any kind of maturity will find what you've planned to be really creepy, the product of a manchild who doesn't have the basic guts to simply ask the question.

Here's a better idea. Take her to a really nice restaurant. Or a cool setting of overwhelming beauty. Then simply tell her how important she is to you and how you want to feel this way forever. Then ask. How hard can it be?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM

677 posts, read 1,538,645 times
This sounds like the guy may have a clutter collector, hoarder personality.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:14 PM

607 posts, read 1,216,942 times
I think it sounds very cute and sweet...assuming that it's not a huge basket full of ticket stubs/photos. Lucky lady!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
This sounds like the guy may have a clutter collector, hoarder personality.
The guy saves some sentimental ticket stubs and receipts and that may make him a hoarder? Wow.

I'm convinced some people on this forum can twist something into anything and take anywhere from 1 post to 100 looonnggg drawn out pages to do it.

I just hope everybody doesn't get sucked into the crazy....

Ohh, that reminds me, I should see if I can find that ignore button....it might be time to dust it off.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
The guy saves some sentimental ticket stubs and receipts and that may make him a hoarder? Wow.

I'm convinced some people on this forum can twist something into anything and take anywhere from 1 post to 100 looonnggg drawn out pages to do it.

Ohh, that reminds me, I should see if I can find that ignore button....it might be time to dust it off.
Agreed. There's a difference between holding on to a ticket stub or something small that is memorable versus letting the garbage pile up to the ceiling. My husband is sentimental and also proposed in a romantic way. I think the OP is being sincere and romantic, something which seems almost non-existent these days. I hope there will be updates!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I copied this from someone. What do you ladies think?

__________________________________________________ _____________

So I've formulated a plan of sorts. Since we started dating I've kept all the ticket stubs, papers, odd memoribilia (like we played with a paper airplane at the top floor of a fancy-like hotel once, threw it back and forth across the way, had a lot of fun so I kept it), and little things like that. So I'm going to take all my stalkerish sentimental things, and write on them. I've already started. For example, on the paper airplane I wrote "I loved you when you laughed at my paper airplane", and on a ticketstub for the drag races I wrote "I loved you when you screamed with the jetcars" and drew a little doodle of her going "woot!"... A more sentimental one was our date when I told her I might love her, and I kept the restuarant receipt and wrote "I loved you when you loved me back". So I've got a TON of these things, all associated with a memory, and I took a picture of the park where we went on our first real date and kissed and on the back I wrote "I loved you when we fell in love". So I'm thinking of taking her back to the park (it's actually a nice park) with a "gift basket of memories" and proposing there. I'll have her close her eyes the whole way there until we arrive.

I am probably one of the most cynical people on earth - but I actually think it's really sweet. If the woman's on the same page, and you think there's a good chance you'll get a "yes", then why not?

"Manipulative", to me, would be something like those Jumbotron proposals you see at sporting events, or the guys that propose on a TV talk show - anywhere where the woman would feel pressured to say "yes" to avoid looking like a huge beeyotch.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:47 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post

Did you find your button?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Agreed. There's a difference between holding on to a ticket stub or something small that is memorable versus letting the garbage pile up to the ceiling. My husband is sentimental and also proposed in a romantic way. I think the OP is being sincere and romantic, something which seems almost non-existent these days. I hope there will be updates!
I had copied it from someone, I'm not doing this.

Wish I was, though. It's amazing how much has changed since I had started this thread.

Oh, well. Maybe I dodged a bullet there. Maybe things didn't work out with her because they're meant to work out with someone even more amazing. Guess I'll have to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships