Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you approach a guy you find attactive 2012 Poll
Yes I will always approach a guy I find attractive 20 27.03%
No I expect to be approached regardless of how attractive a man is and will never chase. 23 31.08%
It really depends on the guy 31 41.89%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 AM

10 posts, read 8,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletneon View Post
Not anymore! Used to do it all the time but after enough rejections I got sick of it.
Most guys have probably been rejected 10x as much as you have. But it doesn't stop us from continuing to approach you.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot-boogie View Post
Most guys have probably been rejected 10x as much as you have. But it doesn't stop us from continuing to approach you.
Seriously, we've got more rejections than the Bible's got psalms

Old 02-02-2012, 03:53 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot-boogie View Post
Wow you have been rejected 150 times?

It's a personal choice. I made my effort and a fool out of myself enough times. If someone wants me around they will make the effort.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:47 AM

234 posts, read 882,920 times
Default I am old fashion...I believe men should ask a woman out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
SO will you?
I mean a guy will see the signs a woman is into him, that being done. HE SHOULD ASK HER OUT.

I mean guys these days are getting so lazy, that they want women to do everything.

Just because women are independent. We are independent professionally yes, can make it on our own, make our own money. That has changed.

Roles have changed a little that women, now a days HAVE TO HELP men, bring in the bacon, something they can't do alone anymore. But women are not slaves, that they have to work, be housewives, be lovers, mothers, and etc.

Men should share responsibilities with house chore, but that is another topic.

The point is that MEN, should be men. And do his paper, his role, as a man and ask a woman out. I mean do we women have to do everything.

My question is: Why do men complain, that they are the ones to wear the pants in a relationship, and women should let them do their jobs as men? That, he should lead, be the head of the relationship?
Lead how?
If he wants the woman to ask him out? Then men complain about women wearing the pants in the relationship.

Confused.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
I prefer to get asked out by girls ...but then again I am just soooo damn lazy.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 AM

99 posts, read 218,483 times
Nope, not my preference. If other women want to approach men that's cool, but it's definitely not something I would do.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:23 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
No longer single so not applicable but should I ever be available no I don't think I would approach a man.

What I used to do as a single girl was to gently "push" men towards approaching me...

Give them a hint and send the right signals that you are interested but without being forward. I am almost pathologically shy and pretty old fashioned and do prefer a man to make the first move but there are subtle ways to nudge a guy in your direction ! It used to work beautifully !

Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 8,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
I mean a guy will see the signs a woman is into him, that being done. HE SHOULD ASK HER OUT.

I mean guys these days are getting so lazy, that they want women to do everything.

Just because women are independent. We are independent professionally yes, can make it on our own, make our own money. That has changed.

Roles have changed a little that women, now a days HAVE TO HELP men, bring in the bacon, something they can't do alone anymore. But women are not slaves, that they have to work, be housewives, be lovers, mothers, and etc.

Men should share responsibilities with house chore, but that is another topic.

The point is that MEN, should be men. And do his paper, his role, as a man and ask a woman out. I mean do we women have to do everything.

My question is: Why do men complain, that they are the ones to wear the pants in a relationship, and women should let them do their jobs as men? That, he should lead, be the head of the relationship?
Lead how?
If he wants the woman to ask him out? Then men complain about women wearing the pants in the relationship.

Confused.
Ok so if men have to do the asking then what does the women do to even the effort?

Like you say men should share the responsebilities but then it's the men who are doing everything.

Men ask you out.

Men call you and contact you all the time.

Men do the paying.

Men do equal cooking and cleaning.

So what does the women do?

You keep saying that women shouldn't have to do everything. That's the thing. You are not doing everything. Not even close. Infact the man puts in MORE effort than you.

It's women who expect to keep all the traditions in your favor and remove those who are not.

Women expect the man to take all the initatives and always risk rejection. Women expect to be the breadwinner. Women expect that the man does his part in the cooking and cleaning.

You say men should do their role and do the asking out art. Then women should do their role and do all the cooking and cleaning

Old 02-02-2012, 03:49 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I'm not single, but I would imagine I wouldn't be any different today than I was before I met my husband...I never approached men. I'm shy.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletneon View Post
Wow you have been rejected 150 times?

It's a personal choice. I made my effort and a fool out of myself enough times. If someone wants me around they will make the effort.
That is not that high a number for a lot of men.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships