Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 03:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Debating on whether or not to get dressed up smoking hot and take myself out to a nice dinner afterall.
Why in the world is some date so important to you...? It's not even a weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 03:20 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OMG! I swear this woman must be a witch! What'd she do to our Bosco?!
Hahaha...Bosco is still the same guy...just not quite swinging single anymore.

Picture she took of the flowers/vase...

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM

406 posts, read 770,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideman View Post
Just saying. It seems its just another day to celebrate women (not that there's anything wrong with that) and leave us guys holding the short end of the stick. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be with my wife, it just seems that it's just another day for women, et al (Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Christmas, Anniversaries, Birthday, etc.).
I did a lot more for my husband today than he did for me. I'm not complaining, I'm happy. It's all good. I'm just pointing out that your post is how you see things in YOUR life, not how they are in everyone else's.

Valentine's Day .... a day to celebrate LOVE. not women.

Mother's Day ... yes, a day to celebrate women, but men do have a counterpart in Father's Day

Christmas .... a day to celebrate Christ, family, love, giving, joy, hope, peace. not women.

Anniversaries ... a day to celebrate togetherness. not women.

Birthday ... depends on whose birthday it is, but we all get one at some point

Seriously, if you're being shortchanged, maybe it's because you are either married to a very self centered woman or you've never let her know how you feel about these holidays. You should be every bit as important as she is......

Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM

406 posts, read 770,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Its sad that so many guys feel shortchanged.

I have always showered my guy with V-day gifts and its my B-day!

I got my hubby a Kindle Fire, chocolates, a card and he can have anything else he wants tonight.

Also 4 sets of roses were delivered to my office today (I was one recipient). One guy was also a recipient. Good for her!
^^ this!!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Hahaha...Bosco is still the same guy...just not quite swinging single anymore.

Picture she took of the flowers/vase...
Somebody must've highjacked this handle!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
I did a lot more for my husband today than he did for me. I'm not complaining, I'm happy. It's all good. I'm just pointing out that your post is how you see things in YOUR life, not how they are in everyone else's.

Valentine's Day .... a day to celebrate LOVE. not women.

Mother's Day ... yes, a day to celebrate women, but men do have a counterpart in Father's Day

Christmas .... a day to celebrate Christ, family, love, giving, joy, hope, peace. not women.

Anniversaries ... a day to celebrate togetherness. not women.

Birthday ... depends on whose birthday it is, but we all get one at some point

Seriously, if you're being shortchanged, maybe it's because you are either married to a very self centered woman or you've never let her know how you feel about these holidays. You should be every bit as important as she is......

Excellent points!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Its sad that so many guys feel shortchanged.

I have always showered my guy with V-day gifts and its my B-day!

I got my hubby a Kindle Fire, chocolates, a card and he can have anything else he wants tonight.

Also 4 sets of roses were delivered to my office today (I was one recipient). One guy was also a recipient. Good for her!
I have sent flowers to hubby's office. I don't send roses or anything frilly. I try to keep it to tulips or dark colored flowers. Hubby has received cigars from me and chocolates. He is NEVER shortchanged. I don't ask for jewelery. He just buys it. I don't buy him jewelery because he doesn't wear it.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Somebody must've highjacked this handle!
Should I take a picture of me posting on CD while also displaying today's newspaper? Hahahahaha

Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Hey I'm a mush and I am definitely a man. I don't give away my man card.

Got the mush from my dad doing some really sweet things from mom and he telling me this is how you treat a woman on valentines day.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Should I take a picture of me posting on CD while also displaying today's newspaper? Hahahahaha
It won't help as I've never seen a picture of the real ol' Bosco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships