Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:39 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I appreciate your response as well as everyones. Let's try to be respectful to each others opinions.
Are you saying I was not respectful of your opinion? Is having a differing opinion the equivalent of disrespect?

Quote:
Me personally, I think that you are rationalizing the heck out of everything to suit your own situation. But once again, that's just my opinion. If it truly works for you-god bless.
Rationalizing the heck out of everything? Do you care to clarify what you mean by that? I am sharing specific experience about the topic at hand. I am sharing my own experience as well as the experience of many of my friends.

You seem to be coming up with example scenarios that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Are you saying I was not respectful of your opinion? Is having a differing opinion the equivalent of disrespect?

Rationalizing the heck out of everything? Do you care to clarify what you mean by that? I am sharing specific experience about the topic at hand. I am sharing my own experience as well as the experience of many of my friends.

You seem to be coming up with example scenarios that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I wasn't speaking to you in general. The thread was starting to get nasty and for the sake of the thread I said what I said. Had absolutely nothing to do with you. I would just like to hear peoples opinion without the thread getting closed because of nastiness. Sorry if you took it wrong.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansarado View Post
Don't you think it's naive to think that way?

For example, if I abandoned my moral compass, and decided to ask for an open relationship, what makes you think that I wouldn't have sex with every girl that I could?

Why not? I have a free pass. Even if my significant other found out, we have an open relationship, so what difference does it make?
Found out? In an open relationship, they already KNOW.

I think this conversation is dumb because most people don't know what that term even means.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I wasn't speaking to you in general. The thread was starting to get nasty and for the sake of the thread I said what I said. Had absolutely nothing to do with you. I would just like to hear peoples opinion without the thread getting closed because of nastiness. Sorry if you took it wrong.
Thanks. I would still like to know what you mean by whomever is rationalizing the heck out of what.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Thanks. I would still like to know what you mean by whomever is rationalizing the heck out of what.

That's just my opinion. I'm not slamming you personally, I'm debating the authenticity of your opinion. I do think you might be rationalizing it, then again, I could be completely wrong. I'm not perfect and I'm wrong alot. Either or no big deal. Let's get back to the subject..

You obviously could handle it. Kudos to you if it really works. I would leave my girl if she ever brought up the idea..Just my opinion.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansarado View Post
So, you would you be cool with your girl bringing her other guy home and having sex in your bed, eating food out of your refrigerator, and sitting on your couch, watching your tv?

That's all cool with you?

What's next, you sleep on the couch and he sleeps with your girl? Maybe he'll start bringing friends over to your house too. Why not?

To me, it's disrespectful. If a person is a cheater, they're going to cheat, and there honestly isn't much that you can do about it, but if you give them the green light, how are you going to regulate who they are sleeping with?

How do you know if she's having unprotected sex with somebody that has STD's? What if you decide you want kids? What then?

Are you kids going to witness all these different guys at your house, spending time with their mother in a sensual way?
Quote:
I'm so laughing at your thread, because this is exactly how I feel. I mean, what's next? We form a line going from the bedroom out into the living room and I get to watch the women I love get banged by any ole' tom, di ck, or harry? That sounds so romantic. Yeah, I'm really gonna want to share my life with a girl like that..Not a chance..Then after every sloppy loser is done with her, I get to cuddle with "it". I'll call her that, because at that point, that's what she'd be to me..No freaking way..Just way to kinky and creepy for me.
Obviously you two lost perspective of the topic. If it were in an open relationship this would not be the scenario at all.
I would be at the dude's house banging his wife.
What you are talking about is flat out cheating, even abuse.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
I would say no. I am not favor being in an open relationship, so either we go through counselling, or he changes his mind or we split up.

On a side note, I don't believe my SO would ever ask this because we came into the relationship with similar values.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Obviously you two lost perspective of the topic. If it were in an open relationship this would not be the scenario at all.
I would be at the dude's house banging his wife.
What you are talking about is flat out cheating, even abuse.

I disagree. Although I admit I was a little dramatic. The scenarios that play out might as well be like that. I've heard about and seen from t.v many situations similar to that. Husband and wife go to a party. Multiple guys are feeling on wifey. Husband is partaking in multiple sexual escapades with many women. That's not exactly clean. Don't forget, every situation is not the same. Every couple who do this don't do it safe or with the same people all the time. Some have mulitiple partners who they don't really know. Some women like to be gangbanged and their husbands watch. It's not exactly as exclusive as some are making it out to be either. Yeah, of course the line to the bedroom was a bit dramatic. But it also wasn't so far out of the ordinary, and in many instances very real. Some very kinky things go down with swingers of all sorts. Me personally, I wouldn't and couldn't share someone I love.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM

I think it is sad that people are rushing off to the lawyers office over the broaching of a topic. If anything THAT strikes me as an environment of lack of trust.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Although I admit I was a little dramatic. The scenarios that play out might as well be like that. I've heard about and seen from t.v many situations similar to that.
You know that tv is not real, right? Even "reality" tv is not real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships