Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,466 times

Advertisements

Ladies, you are on a first date with a guy, you are really into him, and you think the date is going great, you are laughing, smiling, lightly flirting, over all having a great time...

I as a male have been on many first dates like this, when I just don't see a future with her mentally, physically I'm attracted to her, but the more I talk to her on the date, the less attractive she becomes to me. I've heard of guys being rude and just walking off or ending the date abruptly, or just being unteresting or cold... But I figure why act like that especially if I know she's really into me, plus whe are already out, so why not, smile, laugh, joke, and have a good time and but at the sametime I don't want to lead her on

So my question to the ladies is what do you want us guys to do? I know everyone hates -male or female- when someone you thought you had a great time with just doesn't call you after the first date. Should I explain it to them after the first date face to face? What should I say? Would women perfer if I said, we could still be good friends if you wanted?

Also, another question is what do you say when a girl you aren't attracted to physically asks you out (she knows you are single or I could just say I have a girl), the thing is, should I just be direct and say I'm not attracted to you? I know that in the past by trying to spare her feelings and not just say no I'm not into you, they just keep coming back or If I just say no, they always ask why? I'm friendly and fun toward everyone, but many women have in the past taken it as me liking them personally, not noticing that I act that way toward everyone, male or female
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
So my question to the ladies is what do you want us guys to do?
Be honest. If you don't see anything progressing, just say so.

When to do it? After the date is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
Also, another question is what do you say when a girl you aren't attracted to physically asks you out
Depends on the person.

Sometimes I'll be direct.

Sometimes I'll play the "friendzone" card.

If you don't care about remaining friends, go for the direct. If you want to remain friends, the letdown needs to be more gentle.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
I (female) personally would want to know. I will shoot a text asking if you weren't into me and I would like an honest answer yes/no and why.

Then I will delete your # and move onto the next!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM

499 posts, read 891,949 times
i strongly prefer to be behaved rudely instead of being dated only physically. Besides, being honest does not mean being rude.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Be honest. If you don't see anything progressing, just say so.

When to do it? After the date is over.
I agree with both points.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM

526 posts, read 955,425 times
Just tell her after the date is over. But please don't say "we'll be in touch" or "I'll call you." That's what drive us crazy and bring us to this forum to post

Honesty is always the best policy!

Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Look at it the same way you would if you were firing an employee who was not a good fit. If you are being let go, you don't want your boss to hem and haw leading up to it, or worse, to passive-aggressively avoid you and shun you until they got up the guts to fire you.

If, by the end of the date, you know you don't want to see the woman anymore, be direct but polite.

"Thanks for meeting me tonight. I enjoyed it. I want to let you know that I don't think we are a good match, but I had fun getting to know you a little and I wish you the best."

Something like that.

If she has questions, answer them honestly and politely, but keep it like a business relationship. No one wants to drag out three, four, five dates waiting to see if it gets better or trying to figure out where things are going.

You aren't married to the person. Don't let guilt get in the way. Just take advantage of the fact that it's a first date.

And even though I know tons of guys will do just this, definitely don't take advantage of the fact that someone might be willing when you KNOW you aren't truly into them.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
You could always start yawning during the date, flicking through your phone messages....that should give her a hint that you are not into her.

If you don't fancy a girl and she asks you out.....say "Sure, I know a couple of other people who would like to come along...I'll ask them and get back to you" - if she doesn't get the hint. Say "Sorry, I'm really into someone at the moment, so I am technically unavailable, but thank you "

Be creative in your lying and deception.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:16 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I would prefer honesty but it takes alot of balls to say that into somebodys face.

I tried the stupid excuses like jennaflorrie suggested and they never got the hint. I am married and guys still come on to me, even my "I am married excuse" doesn't get through.

I have to tell them then, I am NOT interested. That usually does the job but they often start badmouthing me.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
I agree at the end of the date is the time to do it. How about something along the lines of, I had a good time, it was fun, and I wish you luck in finding your Mr. Right?

As far as girls asking you out and you don't want to go, that's easy. Just say, I'm not dating at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships