Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:57 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,028,982 times

Advertisements

She usually does rely on me to organize things on a daily basis. Bigger things she does try to keep a list and calender, but tends to stray from schedule. This is one area that we will find a test, as I am very oriented and keep to schedule, and she.... well... doesn't. Generally we are able to meet in the middle fairly well.

I guess for me, this day say 3 schedule changes leading up and I cracked, and for her, it was too much juggling without more direction and she cracked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
You are reading WAY too much into this!

Sounds like she is just stressed and needed to let off some steam.

I don't think she meant anything about your relationship is fake or "pretend". Sounds like she's just anxious to be married already and have all this planning and organizing behind her.

Don't make the mistake of getting pissy about what she said in the heat of the moment.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:52 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,924,622 times
My take is that she didn't want to go to the auto show in the first place and was just saying she did to please you- once you are married you will find out all kinds of things she 'pretended' to like that she really didn't......................sorry.........oldest trick in the book

Old 02-11-2012, 08:59 PM

20,295 posts, read 37,216,793 times
Hmmm... it sounds like one of those little red flags we see when dating.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,034,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Too early in the month for PMS.

Been engaged since June of last year, known each other since Aug 2009.
You've known her for 3 years. Why don't you just ASK her what she means by this?

I can't decipher what she's talking about, but you should be able to.

Sounds like she wants to live together before marriage or something, I dunno.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Cite cold feet and call it off. You're probably getting a demo of what married life is going to be. You have a kid, how? Is she the mom?

Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM

774 posts, read 1,165,248 times
I would regard this as a red flag. Sounds like she plans to make all the plans when you get married. Actually, it sounds more like she plans to run everything when you get married. You need to pay close attention to what you are getting into before you make a huge mistake. I speak from experience.

Any sign that she wants to change you, or thinks she needs to change you into what she thinks you should be. Beware.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
I wouldn't read a ton into it (people get stressed, it happens, and it's possible that in light of the other stuff she needed to do, the auto show became pretty low priority). But I also would give heed to the fact that you are very different in terms of time management/organization, and sometimes, this causes problems for couples. Go into that with your eyes open, and be honest with yourself about how you feel about building a life with somebody who is not able to keep things organized and will count on you to do all that.

Personally, I don't juggle. I won't overbook my day, knowing that this causes me stress, and wouldn't prefer that my SO overbook my day, either. We both know this, and plan our time accordingly.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:34 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,012,880 times
Quote:
She was obviously angry with everything, upset how the day unfolded and things took so long. Kind of irritated me so I am sure I did not help the situation as much as I could.
What irritated you? That she was angry or that her chores took longer than expected?

I was engaged last year and this situation sounds terribly familiar. It's really easy to feed off of each other's discontent. The best thing to do when she's upset is to just let her work it out in her head. You getting upset in return will just make it worse.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:44 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,136,287 times
Quote:
Fiancee today was in a very rotten mood. Got to her place at about 5, had plans to go out after dinner to a local auto show, which she had previously been excited about.

However, we were supposed to go earlier in the day, but other chores of hers took longer than expected.

She was obviously angry with everything, upset how the day unfolded and things took so long. Kind of irritated me so I am sure I did not help the situation as much as I could.

During venting, she says that there was just too much planned today, and that it will be easier to plan this stuff out once we are married and under one roof (we are still living "seperately"). She also said it would because we would not be "pretending we were married."

This kind of shocked and hurt me. I am not sure why, but I did not consider us or the time we spend together to be pretending.

I have seen our relationship as growing together, learning to spend time together and about each other, and working towards incorporating our lives together.

Pretending to be married just sounds to me like faking things, or fibbing, or being untruthful.

I would never call anything I do in our relationship "pretending" and I feel like she just labeled our whole relationship lately as pretending.

I feel like I am blowing this into as bigger thing than it is, but also concerned it is an insight into not good things.

I don't think she meant what you think by the word pretending. She is well aware of the things you share.

I think she meant: why don't we get married already, what are we waiting for? are you not sure about me or what?

she also probably had PMS

because even though she may feel that way, she would probably not come right out and say it.... UNLESS she was emotionally weak, (like during pms) and just couldn't control her words...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships