Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Is there anything I can do about it?

I know some people are lucky to look younger,but I'm unlucky in just about everything,esp looks. Lately I have been told I look 40. I'm 29.
People are always asking me What's wrong?
Or saying I look sick,or angry.

I have dark cirles and deep laugh lines,and makeup isn't helping eiither anymore.
Even dressing younger doesn't help.
What's worse,I never do things that can age me. I never did drugs,don't smoke,but I overeat from time to time,but who doesn't? The only thing I may have did wrong was work 2 full time and 1 part time job at the same time for 3 years.
What's a woman to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 AM

10,208 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Well, you can try botox or collagen injections to soften the deep laugh lines/wrinkles. As for dark circles, there are a number of home remedies you can try which are supposed to lighten the skin and reduce puffiness - cucumbers, potatoes, tea bags, vitamins, etc.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Since I have no idea what you look like, I have to generalize. But the first thing is to address it from the inside, health-wise.

Sleep is VERY important to your appearance. Some people naturally have dark circles, but making sure to get enough sleep for your body will help.

Hair is big here. Don't pull your hair way back, but keep it soft around the face. Check your hairstyle to see if your hair is up-to-date.

Hair color makes a difference too. Too much bleached-out color can age you.

As for make-up, too much contrast ages you. Dark lips and light skin with a lot of powder or foundation don't work. Tons of dark eyeliner sometimes make you look haggard. Try to keep your make-up neutral.

This is a really interesting slide show with actresses who have make-up and hair that ages them and then contrasts the same actresses in younger looks.

http://beauty.about.com/od/cutcolora...s/agingyou.htm

"Dressing younger" is dangerous. It can make you look ridiculous to wear clothes from the junior dept. even if you can fit into them. Color is important here. Get some help with colors that flatter your skin.

Most importantly, smile more. It does wonders for a lot of problems.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Personally...I never started aging till I was about 50 - when I was 45 I looked thirty.. But then things changed - stress - people who were unhappy started to resent the fact that I was happy - I really thought everyone was happy....I did what ever I found interesting career wise - always kept my spirit up - a belief in something always helps...and mostly - if I was tired - I would say to hell with the world and get in bed for a week...You have to preserve yourself...I* suggest..that you...be happy...and the glow will come back - rest and water - and if you are stressed - get drunk and put on some tunes and sing.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Is there anything I can do about it?

I know some people are lucky to look younger,but I'm unlucky in just about everything,esp looks. Lately I have been told I look 40. I'm 29.
People are always asking me What's wrong?
Or saying I look sick,or angry.

I have dark cirles and deep laugh lines,and makeup isn't helping eiither anymore.
Even dressing younger doesn't help.
What's worse,I never do things that can age me. I never did drugs,don't smoke,but I overeat from time to time,but who doesn't? The only thing I may have did wrong was work 2 full time and 1 part time job at the same time for 3 years.
What's a woman to do?
There's a number of things you can try.

Relax as much as possible
Get massages as often as possible
Don't stress- it ages you
Exercise regularly
Eat healthy foods
And I personally have a variety of home made facials I whip up that are amazing....they are excellent for the skin & people always comment on how I look so young
If ya' want some ideas for the facials, feel free to DM me

1 more thing... all work & no play--that will age ya'

Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM

I truly don't know why I'm aging so fast,but I have heard nursing tends to do 2 things to people:age them and or make them obese.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 AM

So,no one else aged prematurely?

Come on,admit it.

But,It always seem to be women who tell me this,so could it something else,and maybe I don't look older?
In my head,I don't. But,I think I look my age but so many people my age look younger and so I guess that screwed it for us who do look 30.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,no one else aged prematurely?

Come on,admit it.

But,It always seem to be women who tell me this,so could it something else,and maybe I don't look older?
In my head,I don't. But,I think I look my age but so many people my age look younger and so I guess that screwed it for us who do look 30.
I look older than I should. But really it's from my own bad decisions. Smoking. Not drinking enough water. And 30 years of California beaches.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Got to be like an angel and believe..that you are eternal - It works - eventually being in the physical world..will burn you out - but you can delay it..having a spiritual life is of the utmost importance..besides - all of us are 18 years old forever.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,237,972 times
Most everyone thinks I'm my 20 year olds son sister...Makes him mad, Makes me happy. Might I suggest some night cremes? I don't think I can say them on here(advertising) i don't sell anything, But I have used them for ever...Message me and I will share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships