Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,301,375 times

Advertisements

I'd try to stop feeling so guilty about it. There's nothing wrong with being attracted to someone besides your partner, as long as that's all it is. Don't let this become something more than it is by making a big deal out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 03:55 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,294,529 times
Then don't cheat, end of that part of the discussion.

I don't know why you are attracted to Asian women, but apparently it's a rather common theme for men. I think huckleberry said it best. All things being equal, I'm attracted to a certain type. Yep, get a little nervous around 'em too.......and there is the end. It's harmless unless you act on it. I think most people have private fantasies and it's okay as long as they don't overtake your life or make you decide to run away from home to pursue your daydream.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,403,193 times
Quote:
I will never leave the happy life I have with my wife just to pursue pointless desires that arise once in a blue.
OK, then that's it in a nutshell.

I agree with everyone else you married way too young, but what's done is done. Don't you think every married person is attracted to other people besides their spouse? It's normal and universal. You said yourself your obsession with Asian chicks is a "pointless desire." So put that into perspective and focus on your wife. You'll never get over being attracted to Asian woman, nothing wrong with that. Acting on those desires could end up blowing up in your face: the end of your marriage and all that baggage.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,646,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Yes I know attraction isn't a choice but I love my wife and even distractions like that make me feel guilty. Any ideas? I will never leave the happy life I have with my wife just to pursue pointless desires that arise once in a blue.
You sound like a guy who loves and appreciates your wife. You just happen to be very attracted to Asian women and she's not Asian. I don't think this is a problem and I don't think that trying to suppress your attraction will work at all. You can be attracted to Asian women and still be devoted to your wife.

3,488 posts, read 8,230,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Perhaps. I too no longer think of it once their gone. I guess I dont like the idea that other women can make me feel this way.
If you have any self control then it doesn't matter does it?
Just for heaven's sake don't tell your wife because it would probably break her heart.

You are married, not dead - you can look, but I think it's weird that you are just SO attracted to Asian women that it makes you nervous. I think it sounds like you have some sort of bizarre fetish. Just get a grip and concentrate more energy on your wife and less on having heart palpatations over random other women.

629 posts, read 1,234,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Try eating saltpeter.
Thanks for the suggestion but I dont think my wife would appreciate that. She loves her quality time.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:59 PM

460 posts, read 672,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Tough balls. You made vows based on a true love and you have to stick to them if you have integrity. Sadly most people today think it's all a joke and some trivial matter and something you can just toss away into the breeze if it doesn't suit you because something appearing "better" comes along.
I don't think he wants to toss it away. If you read the rest of his post and all of his other posts, he has assured us that he won't even consider it. That's why the last line of his OP talking about hotel rooms and such was a little weird and offpoint, but I'm choosing to ignore that.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,005,340 times
OP, no big deal. I bet everyone woman you meet who is married to a fat slobbenly Drew Carey/George Wendt/Hurley from Lost type of dude is lusting and/or super attracted to George Clooney/Brad Pitt/Ryan Gosling types.

So you are in company with most married people. No big deal.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:08 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,462,340 times
Here is your solution:

Ask your wife to dress in one of those traditional Asian dresses, and to do her hair and makeup to make herself look Asian.

Then have some fun. Problem solved.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
I don't think he wants to toss it away. If you read the rest of his post and all of his other posts, he has assured us that he won't even consider it. That's why the last line of his OP talking about hotel rooms and such was a little weird and offpoint, but I'm choosing to ignore that.
Sorry, that last line was a failed attempt of a metaphor. Basically I meant I won't leave a great thing for a quick fling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships