Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,044,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Guess what? Asian women are not doormats in THEIR countries either.

Amazing.
There are mixed opinions on that--just as anywhere. My Asian former sister-in-law left her homeland because she said she didn't like the way the men expect women to be subservient there. We only know what we're told. But the truth is, we just probably think it's that way, hence, American men looking for a subservient woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,599,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
There are mixed opinions on that--just as anywhere. My Asian former sister-in-law left her homeland because she said she didn't like the way the men expect women to be subservient there. We only know what we're told. But the truth is, we just probably think it's that way, hence, American men looking for a subservient woman.

My best friend LOVES Asian women he's got this idea that same idea of Asian women. That's excatly why he wants one. There is no talking to him about it.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
My best friend LOVES Asian women he's got this idea that same idea of Asian women. That's excatly why he wants one. There is no talking to him about it.
What he wants is a traditional japanese woman. Good luck finding that. Even if he did. It'll be too boring and predictable and he'd cheat just to change the tune in his life. Then her family will have his head. Sorry, got bored.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:50 AM

331 posts, read 737,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Does he know any? I'm around them all the time, they're definitely not subservient!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,303,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Does he know any? I'm around them all the time, they're definitely not subservient!
Your location is listed as 'North Hollywood'. How many subservient Asian woman could you possibly find in that location?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM

331 posts, read 737,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Your location is listed as 'North Hollywood'. How many subservient Asian woman could you possibly find in that location?
I work with a few Asians; North Hollywood is very Hispanic , but the San Gabriel valley, which is VERY Asian, is close by. Some of my collegaues are from there.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:56 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,737,411 times
Since you have already decided it's never going to lead you astray, it sounds like there isn't a problem.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:29 PM

773 posts, read 1,263,096 times
Something about this thread squeebs me out. I think it's because the OP has the cliched Asian Woman Fantasy. And it really Is. So. Cliche.

Reminds me of college and the girls in my dorm who were serious anglophiles to the point where they'd basically boink anything with a British accent just because it was "cool" to have a British boyfriend. Gee, all those dudes angling for a green card were a good catch — NOT.

Yikes.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,303,092 times
If it is not a problem to where you would never consider acting on those feelings it is certainly enough for you to make a board about it which leads me to believe you are feeling guilty for having this fetish/fantasy because you honestly love your wife.

That is a good sign.

However if this is likely to be something you can't file away forever then spare your wife the heartache and talk to her about your feelings and get things straightened out now because seperating while you are young or haven't been together for a long time is ALOT easier than seperating after ten or twenty years.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,719,827 times
Perfect chemistry

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships