Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:53 PM

20 posts, read 26,019 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear some advice people. I am quite confused, here it is I still love my ex-girlfriend called X deeply. I have already broken up with her 8 months ago I tried to move on. We broke up because she found out that , I had a one-night stand with a stranger in club. Upon seeing her dating a new guy after 1 months of break-up I was more determined to forgot her. I meet this new attractive girl called Y whom is a good catch, me being lonely tries to go after her.
As to my mistake of cheating on her, I am a changed guy now because I have not had one night stand or sex for half a year already. Because I only seek sex with love now only.

X,Y and me are all below 30 years old.

So this situation is like this, my ex-girlfriend X is still single(she wasn't officially together with the previous guy) and Y is interested in me but she is not interested in having relationship now, she needs at least 6-12 months of being single first. I mentioned to her that if she doesn't want me I would give up on her, Y told me don't give up on her yet. Y gives me indirect hint as long as I can wait for her and make me move her she would enter relationship. This kind of thinking is odd but is not that odd in the part of region that I live in. I don't live in white country. Y plays a lot of mind-games with me, at times she would show that she is interested in me, at times she refuse my offer of going out together for no good reason. She refused my request to go out on date with her on Valentine Day because doing so means she accepted my request to be in relationship. She doesn't want to look too easy to me it seems.

Now here is the deal, I recently met X and I still can tell my heart could feel the love like I was in the past. For Y, she is a good catch but somehow I have been unable to like Y as much as X. Y's main attraction is that she is a daughter of a billionaire, she is above average in looks but nowhere near as X.
I love X a lot because I can still remember the beautiful sex life that I have with her and I like her smile.

Actually for me marrying for money is kinda odd because my family is already rich. From the part of region that I live in, I would inherit lots of money from my parents and my parents are brought up in a culture that they will preserve majority of their wealth to be passed down to me and my siblings. I am the eldest son thus will get majority share. My parents is worth at least around USD$15 million. There will not be much reasons to see a sudden drop in net-worth in the future because my family has very small percentage of debt. My life goal is to first become a richer businessman than my father is and ultimately become the President of the country that I live in. To become the President, I will need to have massive financial background, thus I believe if I can marry Y I would have direct access to the financial resources of Y's family whom is worth a billion dollar.

My option is
1. Go after X whom I love. But the downside is since break up, she has like 2 new guys. Apparently, there is a risk that she likes and forget a guy quickly. Judging from the speed she move on to the next guy after her break-up with me is an indication. Going back after X might meet some challenges but it can be overcome because she also believe that I am a changed guy now.

2. Go after Y whom I like a little in the hope that if we get together I can fall in love with her. My future will be very bright if I can marry her

Opinions please ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 03:59 PM

207 posts, read 748,817 times
Go with your heart not with your head.

Last edited by LeafsFan85; 02-19-2012 at 04:25 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Statistically speaking they are both going to end up in divorce court, Y probably quicker then X though.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan85 View Post
Go with your heart not with your head.

Ditto.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Our OP is very young and very status conscious - he talks about money in just about every post he's ever made here.

My advice would be that he spend some time becoming the best man he can be.

Once he's done that he'll know the answer to his own question of "love or money".

Old 02-19-2012, 04:08 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
X will never trust you again. She will never forget what you did. She probably just enjoys seeing you suffer. If you don't love Y, then don't waste your time (unless you want to end up divorced). I say start over and find someone new that you can love. It takes time to get over an ex that you really loved but it happens. Trust me.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM

20 posts, read 26,019 times
Do you think over time is it possible I could love Y? Why would I end-up divorcing with Y even if I don't love her? I am a person who is good at reasoning with people

Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meritocracy View Post
Do you think over time is it possible I could love Y? Why would I end-up divorcing with Y even if I don't love her? I am a person who is good at reasoning with people
Quit trying to hedge your bets

It is always possible you could come to love Y, but only time will tell.

Invest the time in dating her to find out.

It is just not reasonable to expect an answer to that question until you've given the relationship some time

And no one here is psychic enough to tell you your future.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Statistics.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
I have heard of people learning to love someone over time, so yes, I think it's possible. I don't know what the chances are though, it's not 100%. I don't think she or her family would be happy to know that you don't love her and are still in love with X. You can probably get away with faking it though since she seems very formal. I don't like the games Y is playing either but as you said, that is part of your culture. How do you even know that Y's family will allow you access to their money?

On the positive side, people have arranged marriages (which are lacking in the type of love you are seeking) and those last longer than marriages based on love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships