Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,812,748 times

Advertisements

Where I work at , most of us are in our 20's. I am 29 and single. will be 30 in october. The other day a female co-worker who is 7 months pregnant (she is 27) and knows how old I am, told me, "ya know, you should go out and have random sex with a woman so you can have a child because if not, since you are almost 30, you will end up single and lonely the rest of your life."

I was so shocked that I couldn't even get out any words at first. In the back of mind I was thinking," Please do me a favor and GO TO HELL" ...I so badly wanted to say that....

A few minutes later , I did tell her that is a selfish and TERRIBLE reason to have a child. She said," people have kids for selfish reasons all the time"... I was like "ok" and walked away..I didn't have time to argue with her.

I hate how people act like age 30 is a deadline for finding a mate or else your life is over. smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
How ironic...I make it everyone's business that I am choosing to never get married or have kids. Currently we have 4/5 pregnant girls and several people who are recently engaged (getting married this year). It's a running joke and I get a kick out of it.

Might as well embrace it!

To the crazy pregnant girl who made the comment...maybe the pregnancy is seeping a little too far into her brain...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:23 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times
The main point i deduced from your post is that you are putting out too much personal info at work.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:32 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
She is just jealous!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I don't think that's actually advice.

That's spreading the seed of stupidity.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:43 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
Where I work at , most of us are in our 20's. I am 29 and single. will be 30 in october. The other day a female co-worker who is 7 months pregnant (she is 27) and knows how old I am, told me, "ya know, you should go out and have random sex with a woman so you can have a child because if not, since you are almost 30, you will end up single and lonely the rest of your life."

I was so shocked that I couldn't even get out any words at first. In the back of mind I was thinking," Please do me a favor and GO TO HELL" ...I so badly wanted to say that....

A few minutes later , I did tell her that is a selfish and TERRIBLE reason to have a child. She said," people have kids for selfish reasons all the time"... I was like "ok" and walked away..I didn't have time to argue with her.

I hate how people act like age 30 is a deadline for finding a mate or else your life is over. smh
After hearing that advice come out of a pregnant woman's mouth, I'd pick my jaw up off the floor after an hour (it'd drop from sheer disbelief) and just walk away. Advice that senselessly stupid does not deserve a rebuttal of any kind.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:53 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
You are right, worse piece of advice ever. She may be rationalizing her own pregnancy, if she is single.
Definitely not friend material. And, in case you do worry. Your age is not a big deal, lots of people don't start their families in their 20's anymore. Just be happy.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
That advice was beyond pathetic.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:59 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,568 times
Quote:
"ya know, you should go out and have random sex with a woman so you can have a child because if not, since you are almost 30, you will end up single and lonely the rest of your life."
Sounds to me like misery wants some company. What an idiot!

I once had a roommate (who I just wrote about on the independent women thread) who was talking about her coworker who was 30 and only wanted to marry a Jewish man. My roommate said, "She's 30, she can't be picky any more!" I was single and 31 at the time. I don't believe in lowering one's standards or religious preference if it's a big deal in order to find someone who's maybe an inappropriate match just because there's a race against some clock. Unreasonable standards, yes. But reasonable standards should not be lowered. And you should definitely not knock up some random girl just to have child, which will most likely be screwed up anyway from that situation.

Reminds me of that song that says, "Only stupid people are breeding." It's a shame she is reproducing.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:59 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't think that's actually advice.

That's spreading the seed of stupidity.

In more ways than one! lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships