Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang1 View Post
The only thing that isn't fun is dying.
Eh, there is something to be said about getting rid of everything and everybody, too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,743,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I guess this is the right forum..

I'm 23 and I have this obsessive fear of getting older, and moving into to later adulthood.. I don't want to be my parents.. and it scares me? Like the part when you have a job you hate, and kids and marriage, and then you have to be this person.. does anyone ever feel like this?
I'll be 40 this year and I have to say I really look forward to it. I'm at the top of my game, I have a career I love and not just a job, I know exactly what I want in life more so than before and I go after it with confidence. You can't pay me enough to be 23 again.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 AM

896 posts, read 1,478,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim46741974 View Post
husband I adore that treats me like a queen (2nd husband, the boys' father felt women were beneath him).
Forgive the generalization...but single moms tend to massively underachieve on the second marriage. Especially to a guy with no kids. If he treated you like the queen you deserve you wouldn't be working....you'd be the hottie shopping at the mall all day, while fugly hub number two paid all the bills.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM

85 posts, read 139,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Forgive the generalization...but single moms tend to massively underachieve on the second marriage. Especially to a guy with no kids. If he treated you like the queen you deserve you wouldn't be working....you'd be the hottie shopping at the mall all day, while fugly hub number two paid all the bills.
I appreciate your thoughts but I have to say that I love my job and have zero interest in shopping at the mall all day. Single mothers underachieve because they often can't support themselves, think they are not a good catch because they have kids, and base their worth on whether they have a man. Not a good man, just any man at all. I never felt like that and had no problem turning my back on losers because I can support myself and was quite happy being alone until I met my wonderful hubby. And besides, why would I want fugly vs a good looking giving man that I look forward to getting into bed with? But if it makes you feel any better I did not come cheap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships