Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times

Advertisements

Is it just the timing of meeting a guy who happens to want a relationship at the time he meets a woman or is there something a woman does that makes a guy only reduce her to booty call status instead of pursuing a relationship? Not sure if that question makes sense to you but ya..I was wondering..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
For me, she'd have to tell me she'd want a FWB/booty call relationship.

But I've never really pursued one. Only was interested in relationships.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:17 PM

ok..that makes sense to me!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
Many men are interested in relationships and not just booty calls. You won't find many admitting to that here, but this is a highly skewed segment of society. Most guys I know don't have one night stands and don't pursue them. And most girls/women I know aren't interested in just being a booty call.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 PM

73 posts, read 156,509 times
Most women can be a booty call if they want, that's why you can't be studs. Unless you're more attractive than the women he can get nsa sex from, you probably won't get a relationship. If you want a relationship, be loyal and don't play games. Go for a guy that's the same way.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ok..that makes sense to me!
Well, I think for men, either they're interested in a relationship, or they just want what's between your legs. It can also vary on where they are in there life.

You probably have to ask the right questions to get the answers you want.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:24 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
I'd also have to be informed if it was a friends with benefits/booty call only sorta deal.

As far as the difference between girlfriend and hookup, I'd have to say that a total lack of anything between the ears, lack of responsibility, or lack of ambition would pretty much kill it for me. Someone I want to talk to and enjoy being around for extended amounts of time vs. someone I'll only be around for a few hours at a time, and won't hear them talk much if at all.

I'm not really into the hookup/one-nighter thing though. I've always found the idea to be a turnoff, and so I don't pursue them.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Felson View Post
Most women can be a booty call if they want, that's why you can't be studs. Unless you're more attractive than the women he can get nsa sex from, you probably won't get a relationship. If you want a relationship, be loyal and don't play games. Go for a guy that's the same way.
what do you mean women can't be studs? lol

um, I am loyal and don't play games..life's too short.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
A woman you don't mind mom and dad along with the family to meet. Or a woman that is great for bumping uglies but bores the hell out of you.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I'd also have to be informed if it was a friends with benefits/booty call only sorta deal.

As far as the difference between girlfriend and hookup, I'd have to say that a total lack of anything between the ears, lack of responsibility, or lack of ambition would pretty much kill it for me. Someone I want to talk to and enjoy being around for extended amounts of time vs. someone I'll only be around for a few hours at a time, and won't hear them talk much if at all.

I'm not really into the hookup/one-nighter thing though. I've always found the idea to be a turnoff, and so I don't pursue them.
could a girl ever behave in such a way that even though initially you were thinking of a relationship..that she could change your mind into just wanting casual sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships