Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That part has always been a little odd for me, but with this one, I have fun with it. My girl looks rather young for her age but there have been one or two times when someone would start to ask those kind of questions. The reactions have been quite funny.
You know, some people are just tactless/idiots whether there is age difference or not. My parents were born a day apart and were 27 they got married. Mom said some moron in a store told my Dad to buy something since his mother was encouraging him! That happened at about the time they got married! There's no way in friggin' hell she looked like his mother!

So far I've been used to being the daughter. Being the mother just doesn't sit very well with me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
I wish I could get clearance to post a picture of my girl. OP would be quite jealous I suspect.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,342 times
being i am an old woman i guess i should remind you that your day is coming when you will have wrinkles wings and sun spots - by the way its not "strange things" its known as the aging process and we all go through it some better than others - so i am here to remind you that you too will not be a hottie at 80 so get over yourself -

Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
I wish I could get clearance to post a picture of my girl. OP would be quite jealous I suspect.
I'll find a pic of my grandma and post. OP would be like "oh yeah baby!!!".

Old 02-26-2012, 11:00 PM

566 posts, read 958,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
being i am an old woman i guess i should remind you that your day is coming when you will have wrinkles wings and sun spots - by the way its not "strange things" its known as the aging process and we all go through it some better than others - so i am here to remind you that you too will not be a hottie at 80 so get over yourself -
I plan on going the plastic surgery route as soon as I need to.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I plan on going to plastic surgery route as soon as I need to.
That's quite ironic, considering whom you're attracted to...

Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, some people are just tactless/idiots whether there is age difference or not. My parents were born a day apart and were 27 they got married. Mom said some moron in a store told my Dad to buy something since his mother was encouraging him! That happened at about the time they got married! There's no way in friggin' hell she looked like his mother!
Holy ****...that's crazy. You are right though, some people are definitely idiots.

Quote:
So far I've been used to being the daughter. Being the mother just doesn't sit very well with me...
That bothered my girl for like...10 minutes. Now we both laugh at it. The most memorable one was the elderly couple at the beach bar me and my girl went dancing at. After one of the slow songs we danced to, the woman said it was nice that I took my mom dancing. I can't imagine what was going through her head, because the way we were dancing (very close, with generous amounts of kissing) it should have been pretty obvious we were not family.

It took everything I had to not fall on the floor laughing at that one.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
The most memorable one was the elderly couple at the beach bar me and my girl went dancing at. After one of the slow songs we danced to, the woman said it was nice that I took my mom dancing. I can't imagine what was going through her head, because the way we were dancing (very close, with generous amounts of kissing) it should have been pretty obvious we were not family.

It took everything I had to not fall on the floor laughing at that one.
I can assure you your "girl" didn't think it was that hilarious...

Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's quite ironic, considering whom you're attracted to...
You beat me to it.

I say more power to him. Most people don't give it a second thought if an old man dates a young woman. So

Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
To someone, of course. Like they say, there's someone for everyone.
Yep. I think it's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships